Author Topic: Iranians Win 4,453 'Diversity Visa' Applications to Immigrate to U.S.  (Read 1241 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Coming straight to you from the department of "Are They INSANE??!":

The State Department has awarded  4,453 permanent resident "Diversity Visa" applications to would-be immigrants from Iran, a state sponsor of terrorism that was recently implicated in a plot to assassinate the Saudi Arabian ambassador to the United States.

The lottery program for Diversity Visas awards prospective immigrants with the chance to obtain a permanent residency visa. The 4,453 prospective Iranian immigrants will still have to pursue their visa applications on their own, according to the State Department’s website.

To be eligible, applicants must have at least a high school education or two years of work within the previous five years at a job that requires at least two years of training.

Iran’s intelligence services have been implicated in a plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the United States by bombing a restaurant or public place in Washington, D.C.

The only man arrested in that plot, so far, is a naturalized Iranian-American citizen named Manssor Arbabsiar.

Yes.  Yes, they are.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: Iranians Win 4,453 'Diversity Visa' Applications to Immigrate to U.S.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 10:52:54 AM »

Like they say, the only good immigrant is a legal immigrant.    Until the State Dept. starts mucking.

::gaah::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 11:24:55 AM »
 ::rockets::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 11:37:10 AM »
Just the whole notion of there even being such a thing as a "diversity visa" infuriates me. So admission to our country needn't have anything to do with skills and abilities you bring, or even just a genuine desire to embrace the American experiment, but rather your place of origin tickled the fancy of some tedious, overwrought bureaucrats, and they considered that reason enough in itself to bring you here.

Why do we tolerate this? Who decided that "diversity" was in and of itself a compelling foundation for immigration policy? Why is it any effort to change it would be met with outrage from the bureaucracy, with the assumption that "diversity" was somehow a criterion etched in the tablets brought down the mountain by Moses?

This is symptomatic of a decadent, self-indulgent civilization; the idea that it can import people based on fleeting fancy, fashionable ethnic backgrounds, and pay no regard to their tangible benefits to the civilization.

Anytime this subject comes up, I am reminded of a story I am personally familiar with. I have a friend from Germany, a medical doctor, who speaks perfect English and even lived in the US for several years as a kid. He has been denied a permanent visa on more than one occasion. Yet, we literally import thousands from Iran just because they're from Iran?
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 11:44:51 AM »
No political persecution in Germany, G!

Llike bureaucrats can tell the difference between a plant and a non-plant!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 01:21:03 PM »
Coming to you courtesy of the Department of Stupidity .

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 04:20:27 PM »
This is symptomatic of a decadent, self-indulgent civilization; the idea that it can import people based on fleeting fancy, fashionable ethnic backgrounds, and pay no regard to their tangible benefits to the civilization.

WHY? WHY? WHY?

::bashing:: ::bashing:: ::bashing::

This comes from people who need to find another job. They obviously don't have enough to do so they make up more stupid stuff.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 05:38:30 PM »
Other 'jobs', indeed.  The guy who started it all in '65 is now breeding earthworms.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 10:26:03 AM »
I don't know if he's breeding earthworms just yet. The alcohol probably hasn't finished evaporating, so the soil is contaminated.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 05:33:18 PM »
You can't fix stupid! ::facepalm:: ::gaah::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow