Author Topic: Um, guys and gals, you did know there was an election last week, right?  (Read 1064 times)

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Because I didn't.  Nor did I know the absolute landslide outcome. Why?  Check the total sum of the headlines, dealing with the election outcome.

http://www.google.com/search?q=bobby+jindal&hl=en&safe=active&prmd=imvnsuol&source=univ&tbm=nws&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=nqemTpjzPOLI0AHu7-T_DQ&ved=0CD8QqAI&biw=1271&bih=482

So click on this particular one just to find out...

Jindal starts re-arranging staff for second term

The governor won his re-election bid this weekend with 66 percent of the vote, the highest margin in a Louisiana primary since the state moved to open primaries in 1975. The governor led in all 64 parishes against a field of nine competitors.

And nice try, Melinda dear.

He declared his win a "mandate," though fewer than 36 percent of voters showed up to the polls.

WE JUST WON A LANDSLIDE IN A DEMOCRAT STATE!

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Um, guys and gals, you did know there was an election last week, right?
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 07:41:07 AM »
Our friend Allan has highlighted some of the foibles of Mr. Jindal, but there is no denying the fact that he is a force to be reckoned with in Louisiana, and he mopped the floor in this election.  And just as importantly they picked up seats in the legislature, so hopefully that can translate into better things to come for the people of this state.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 09:27:59 AM »

This is going to upset AlanS.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 10:06:19 AM »
I don't know enough about him to like him one way or the other, but I have two clues. First, Alan who lives in LA says he's a stinking RINO. Second, the GOP establishment is hoisting him as a "rising star". Those two things color what I know about him more than anything I actually know about him.

He's probably the best governor Louisiana has ever had, Idunno. I'm happy that he won a landslide in a Democrat state. But I'll be happiest if he keeps winning landslides in Louisiana.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 10:33:48 AM »

A RINO in Louisiana is so far right of the customary politics the 'ol Dems are in a state of shock.
He's probably the most honest and descent governor Louisiana has ever had.
Did a good job railing on the Princess too.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 10:52:48 AM »
Definitely a RINO.  That new cash law is truly WTFworthy.  In fact I can't see how it's constitutional, banning legal currency.  Despite that he does realize that nothing happens in this world, without proper power generating capacity, and governs as such.  His state is at 7% unemployment, despite Captain Dumbass keeping his jackboot on the neck of the oil drilling industry

But 66-18!  Is this really where our country is headed?  Do I dare hope?

Just how big is the landslide going to be, a year from now?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 11:18:27 AM »
Definitely a RINO.  That new cash law is truly WTFworthy.  In fact I can't see how it's constitutional, banning legal currency.  Despite that he does realize that nothing happens in this world, without proper power generating capacity, and governs as such.  His state is at 7% unemployment, despite Captain Dumbass keeping his jackboot on the neck of the oil drilling industry

But 66-18!  Is this really where our country is headed?  Do I dare hope?

Just how big is the landslide going to be, a year from now?

Heh, not be Johnny Raincloud, but the GOPer's seem poised to nominate a Ruling Class idiot...snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is their calling card ya know?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 11:33:03 AM »

This is going to upset AlanS.

Understatement. I have to admit a feaux pas on my part. Due to my schedule, I didn't do any research on the other 9 candidates until 3 days before voting. Considering I'd never HEARD of the other 9, it was a task to say the least. And no, I didn't vote for the RINO Jindal. He can kiss my  ::mooning::

He's probably the most honest and descent governor Louisiana has ever had.

Considering we just had a governor released from prison, that's not saying alot. ::bashing::
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 11:37:29 AM by AlanS »
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 04:49:58 PM »
Yes I did and I'm pumped I grew up in Louisiana with some really whacked out politics. ::whoohoo:: ::danceban::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2011, 05:39:04 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/22/politics/louisiana-primary/?hpt=us_c2

66-18!

Don't be surprised. Jindal has been on the road (out of state ::asskicking::) fund raising more than he's been at home leading the state. He's got enough money to do just about anything his heart desires. Like I said before, I had never heard of the other 9. They were folks who come out of the woodwork just to run for office. No political records whatsoever.

For some reason, the fella I voted for was neither (D) or (R). He was listed as "No Party". What little information I was able to grab, that gave him a headstart.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson