Author Topic: And the Vatican drifts leftward once again...  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
And the Vatican drifts leftward once again...
« on: October 25, 2011, 07:22:49 AM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/24/idUS264245887020111024

Really?  "Global public authority"?

::facepalm::

Stick to dogma, leave the rest alone, please!

JPII I had respect for, once more it appears Rome drifts leftward...they can drift on their own!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: And the Vatican drifts leftward once again...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 09:44:10 AM »
The Vatican has a Justice and Peace Department?  Who knew.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 10:07:17 AM »

The scandals are going away, almost forgotten by most, the church has so many opportunities to reassert itself, England - Italy -Uganda (so many opportunities), in a positive way and it comes out with this.
It's necessary for them to remind us now and again just how fallible they are.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 11:15:51 AM »
Just a hunch, what does the Vatican, and the U.N. have in common? "NOTHING" not a damn thing! ::praying::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 11:21:55 AM »
The Vatican has no business having an opinion on any of this.  A Justice and Peace Department rightly ought to focus its attention on the next realm, not this world.  The more I think of this, the more annoyed I feel.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 04:50:12 PM »
The Vatican has no business having an opinion on any of this.  A Justice and Peace Department rightly ought to focus its attention on the next realm, not this world.  The more I think of this, the more annoyed I feel.

The Cardinal in charge of this committee is from Africa and no doubt sees so-called peace and justice in a different light than we do.  Many, many people in Africa do suffer terrible lives.  Not saying I agree with the committee's conclusion but it would be interesting to hear the guy's thoughts.

I met a woman last year who told me she was on her Catholic church's peace and justice committee (which I have to admit that term makes me suspicious every time) and had been helping the poor in her community for 30 years.  I'm sure she and I don't share any political beliefs.  But I'd be hard pressed to say it was inappropriate for her or her church to be helping the poor.  Of course, if she's started going on about banks or the rich I would have tuned her out.

From what I understand the Catholic Church doesn't claim a political designation such as conservatice or liberal or left or right for itself.  It seeks to define policies it deems appropriate for all.

(There are days when I'd like to not designate an affiliation but that's another thread for another day.)
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 05:25:55 PM »
The Vatican has no business having an opinion on any of this.  A Justice and Peace Department rightly ought to focus its attention on the next realm, not this world.  The more I think of this, the more annoyed I feel.

The Cardinal in charge of this committee is from Africa and no doubt sees so-called peace and justice in a different light than we do.  Many, many people in Africa do suffer terrible lives.  Not saying I agree with the committee's conclusion but it would be interesting to hear the guy's thoughts.

I met a woman last year who told me she was on her Catholic church's peace and justice committee (which I have to admit that term makes me suspicious every time) and had been helping the poor in her community for 30 years.  I'm sure she and I don't share any political beliefs.  But I'd be hard pressed to say it was inappropriate for her or her church to be helping the poor.  Of course, if she's started going on about banks or the rich I would have tuned her out.

From what I understand the Catholic Church doesn't claim a political designation such as conservatice or liberal or left or right for itself.  It seeks to define policies it deems appropriate for all.

(There are days when I'd like to not designate an affiliation but that's another thread for another day.)

I agree there, helping the poor is within the purview of the churches -- locally.  And shutting up about justice internationally, which translates to "social justice", which is liberation theology; African or South American.  As far as defining policies for all, on earth, the Catholic Church is out of its box.

Ann Barnhardt categorizes this "paper" as coming from the offices of "MARXIST HOMOSEXUALIST" clergy, not the Pope, and points to Fr. Z's blog for further raving.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 06:01:40 AM »
If he can't confine himself to healing our souls , then I wish he'd just shut the hell up !

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 07:25:48 AM »
If he can't confine himself to healing our souls , then I wish he'd just shut the hell up !

::thumbsup::

Whenever they spout this BS it sounds just like the humanist crap coming out of libiot mouths!

The Church has a lot of housecleaning to do, but they never seem to get to it...

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »
A Global Central Bank?

Justice Is Not Served by Government Economic Planning

By Dr. Shawn Ritenour

October 26, 2011

“Do we need a supranational authority to enforce social justice? The Vatican's Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace (PJCP) seems to think so. Its new document, ‘Towards Reforming the International Financial and Monetary Systems in the Context of a Global Public Authority,’ calls for global economic regulation by a supranational body and a central world bank to rule world financial institutions in an effort to enforce social justice.”

In “A Global Central Bank? Justice Is Not Served by Government Economic Planning” (652 words), professor of economics at Grove City College and contributor to The Center for Vision & Values—Dr. Shawn Ritenour—concludes, “Calls for a supranational central bank and global economic regulation in the wake of the economic crisis are the sort of destructive policy prescriptions we get when people do not understand basic economics or the nature and role of the Federal Reserve and state intervention in the economy.”

http://www.visionandvalues.org/2011/10/justice-is-not-served-by-government-economic-planning/  

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 08:40:37 PM »
Destructive.

Yup, stunningly destructive and stupendously stupid!

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 09:01:46 PM »
Destructive.

Yup, stunningly destructive and stupendously stupid!

With maybe, just a hint of back stabbing! ::hysterical::