Author Topic: Herman Cain: The Butthead is out to get me!  (Read 594 times)

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Herman Cain: The Butthead is out to get me!
« on: October 25, 2011, 07:46:58 AM »
When The Butthead comes out and attacks someone, I take notice.  Cain is obviously someone the Ruling Class is interested in destroying, and I don;t give a damn if The Butthead is correct in one instance, his opposition to Cain only solidifies my resolve to support him.  Who does The Butthead hope to help in this?  Romney's been floundering of late so the answer appears obvious, I think Herman hit the nail on the head.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/herman-cain-karl-rove-deliberately-trying-damage-me/

I H8 The Butthead, go Herman!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Herman Cain: The Butthead is out to get me!
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 07:50:15 AM »
Careful, Cain, you don't come across as whining.  I think your supporters can figure out why Rove is doing what he's doing.

Instead of whining, Cain could maybe hit home what makes him different than the guy who ran up spending to record levels?

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 10:10:27 AM »
If Rove was being unfair, Cain would have a point. I saw the video of Rove with the whiteboard, and he was 100% correct. All he was doing was enumerating Cain's gaffes in one place at one time, and saying there's a problem when they start to pile up. He's right.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 11:16:19 AM »
Don't care if he's right, I hate his guts and look forward to the day I can whizz on his grave.  He violated Reagan's 11th Commandmant first so as far as I am concerned its open season on all RINO's no matter what.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 11:30:33 AM »
I look at it like all pols have gaffes. Just some have more than others. And I still like Cain.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 03:30:29 PM »
Rove and the other machiavellian "analysts" need to learn another Commandment as well: no matter how accurate it might be, don't do the other side's homework for them.

It's one thing to game it in private, so you can formulate a way to respond when/if the enemy reaches a particular conclusion on their own, but you don't give them conclusions. That's even worse than them coming up with something damaging on their own, because they can then use you to ascribe legitimacy to the accusation, i.e. "Why, even so-and-so is concerned with..."

Rove is the epitome of a man without the shred of a single principle. If he were a football coach his strategy would have nothing to do with establishing field position, giving the defense multiple looks with a good run/pass combo, or anything like that. His strategy would be about how to use penalties and technicalities in a way to eke out a win. I am a "just play the damn game!" type, and that applies to public policy as well.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 03:39:30 PM »
Rove would rather have Cain lose to Obama than for Cain to beat Romney. He intends either for Romney to be the nominee, or for whoever is the nominee to be so badly damaged that they cannot win.

Think Christine O'Donnell, Joe Miller, and Sharron Angle. He only has one agenda, and that is making sure that the GOP stays as liberal as possible, and that the party controls who comes up through the ranks, not the peasantry.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 04:26:50 PM »
Rove is just in to keep the status quo in power and to He!! with the conservatives.
I think Cain was being nice with the Butt-head comment.
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 12:06:45 PM »
Barons: Revolt against experts helps Herman Cain

by Michael Barone posted17 hours ago at7:03pm

"Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain signs a supporter's '999' sign after unveiling his 'Opportunity Zone' economic plan in front of the Michigan Central Station, an abandoned train depot, October 21, 2011 in Detroit, Michigan. (Photo by Bill Pugliano/Getty Images)At the moment national polls show Herman Cain leading or tied for the lead in the race for the Republican presidential nomination. This despite the fact that he has never won an election, has never held public office (except on a regional Federal Reserve advisory panel), and has shown prodigious ignorance on some important foreign policy and domestic issues.

We in the punditocracy have been attributing Cain's lead to many conservatives' resistance to frequent front-runner Mitt Romney. Many have described Cain as the flavor of the month and have predicted his numbers will collapse, as Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry's have.

Reasonable analysis, as far as it goes. But I think Cain's current lead is evidence of a larger and longer-range trend that is both heartening and disturbing.

I call it the revolt against the experts.

It has been going on for a long time. In the years after World War II, when pollsters first started testing confidence in leaders and institutions, mid century Americans expressed great confidence and respect for experts and those at the head of large organizations.

This was an unsurprising result, since the leaders of big government, big business and big labor had produced a glorious victory in World War II and then seemed to produce postwar prosperity when almost everyone expected a return to depression.

Confidence in leaders and respect for expertise fell in the years that gave us the Vietnam War, Watergate and stagflation. They're at a low point now, after years in which experts seemed to fail in Iraq and at home.

Consider Iraq. The generals George W. Bush put in charge seemed superbly fitted for the job. John Abizaid had plentiful experience in the Middle East and was fluent in Arabic. George Casey had extensive experience and great talents."

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/article/barone-revolt-against-experts-helps-herman-cain?utm_source=Washington%20Examiner%20Political%20Digest%20-%2010/26/2011&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Washington%20Examiner:%20Political%20Digest

"Deja Vu All Over Again"- Yogi Berra

Are we all insane? ::gaah::
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 12:14:17 PM by jpatrickham »