Author Topic: BO says he'll be taking 'executive actions' without Congress on 'regular basis'  (Read 4018 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Obama says he’ll be taking ‘executive actions’ without Congress on ‘regular basis’ to ‘heal the econ

Published: 11:37 PM 10/24/2011

By Nicholas Ballasy

"President Barack Obama told an audience in Nevada on Monday that he will be regularly announcing “executive actions” his administration will take to “heal the economy” without the “dysfunctional” Congress.

“I’m here to say to all of you and to say to the people of Nevada and the people of Las Vegas, we can’t wait for an increasingly dysfunctional Congress to do its job. Where they won’t act, I will,” Obama said.

“I’ve told my administration to keep looking every single day for actions we can take without Congress, steps that can save consumers money, make government more efficient and responsive, and help heal the economy. And we’re going to be announcing these executive actions on a regular basis,” the president said.

Obama then explained the home mortgage refinancing plan that his administration announced on Monday.

“The barrier will be lifted that prohibits responsible homeowners from refinancing if their home values have fallen so low that what they owe on their mortgage is 25 percent higher than the current value of their home,” he said. “And this is critically important for a place like Las Vegas, where home values have fallen by more than 50 percent over the past five years.”

“If you’ve got a $250,000 mortgage at six percent interest rates, but the value of your home has fallen below $200,000, right now you can’t refinance,” Obama explained. “You’re ineligible. But that’s going to change. If you meet certain requirements, you will have the chance to refinance at lower rates, which could save you hundreds of dollars a month, and thousands of dollars a year on mortgage payments.”

Virginia Democratic Rep. Jim Moran told TheDC last Thursday that he would like to see the Obama administration refinance every home mortgage to three and a half to four percent without congressional approval. (RELATED: Obama admin. to offer home re-fi plan regardless ‘of how deeply underwater they are’)

“The banks aren’t doing it, but the federal government can borrow money at three-and-a-half percent today,” Moran said. “It would reset the economy, and I think it’s the one thing that would most quickly get this economy back on its feet.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/24/obama-says-hell-be-taking-executive-actions-without-congress-on-regular-basis-to-heal-the-economy/#ixzz1bo78QqEJ

WHAT?!!

::gaah::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Hear that congress-bitches?!  Duh Wun doesn't need your asses anymore!  You, the constitution, y'all archaic and useless!

Fine, let's have it out in the open, time to get to rat-killin', and there be a lot of rats running around 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
Hear that congress-bitches?!  Duh Wun doesn't need your asses anymore!  You, the constitution, y'all archaic and useless!

Fine, let's have it out in the open, time to get to rat-killin', and there be a lot of rats running around 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue!

All I can say is BO, stinks!!!!!!!!!!!! ::pimp::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Guess we're OK here, but there must be alot of people running around out there sporting nose plugs...

::whatgives::

::facepalm::

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular

Guess we're OK here, but there must be alot of people running around out there sporting nose plugs...

::whatgives::

::facepalm::

I think it is a French thing but, I hear it is all the rage in Liberal Circles! ::puke::

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
I know it's against the law to even in passing say something like involving the assasination of a President.

My question is:  Do we even have a President any longer?  Or is he a dictator?
Do the laws against the comments in the first line above apply if you are talking about a dictator and not a President?

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
I know it's against the law to even in passing say something like involving the assassination of a President.

Do the laws against the comments in the first line above apply if you are talking about a dictator and not a President?

It seems, what we have here is a stalemate. 40% haven't a clue as to what in the F is going on. 20% know, but, aren't saying. Another 20% likes what they see. That leaves the rest of us to worry, fret, seethe, and swear. Hope it is catching on, that's all I can say!   

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Or is he a dictator?

::gaah::

Well, he obviously failed at being President.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
I don't know about you guys, but ever since McCain was declared the Republican candidate for president in 2008, I have had a terrible sense of dread hanging over my head and have actually been worried about the future.  I remember all the carefree days of my youth and early adulthood when the most I thought about government was "how much do I have to pay in taxes".  These days I live in constant fear that the America that I knew and loved will never be the same if it will exist at all.  This "dictator" that occupies the white house is the basis of all that anxiety.  The sooner he is gone the better, however I feel it may be too late.  It seems that everything that is happening around the country as well as the world are conspiring to be a perfect storm that will eventually destroy the human race and there is little that anyone can do to stop it.  There are too few intelligent people, that see it happening, to be able to slow it down let alone stop it, and the sheeple (useful idiots) that are the masses don't seem to care or are too stupid to even see the wool being pulled over their eyes or the games that they are willing pawns in.
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
I know it's against the law to even in passing say something like involving the assasination of a President.

He's a freaking usurper anyway. He was never eligible because his father was a Brittish Subject

See here:
 Minor v. Happersett (1875) - to directly construe Article 2 Section 1's natural-born citizen clause in determining a citizenship issue as part of its holding and precedent.  In this unanimous decision, the Supreme Court defined a "native or natural-born citizen" as a person born in the US to parents who were citizens; a definition which excludes from eligibility both Barack Obama and John McCain
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Another question is, what do you do if you have a President clearly exceeding his Constitutional authority, but a Congress that would never impeach him? What if a President cast aside all pretense to legitimacy and just started out and out committing high crimes, but again the Congress had enough willing accomplices that impeachment was a non-starter?

It seems that somewhere in these scenarios, the very rule of law is at a failing point. We are, truly, living in some dangerous times you guys.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
We are.  It's an indictment of Congress that it -- they -- will not step up to protect their authority, thus, ours.

I'm gonna need a longer piece of paper.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
I haven't even heard a Republican speak out about this particular power grab, let alone speak out with alarm or outrage.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
I haven't even heard a Republican speak out about this particular power grab, let alone speak out with alarm or outrage.
They haven't, because they want the president to continue.  It is one more step to having a tyrannical government.  The Republicans are just waiting their turn to pretend they are different than the Democrats and do the same things themselves.  Patriot Act anyone?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
"It seems that somewhere in these scenarios, the very rule of law is at a failing point. We are, truly, living in some dangerous times you guys."

That is it G, and it is a potent recipe for civil war.

"It's an indictment of Congress..."

Yup.  And that list just keeps on growing...

"I haven't even heard a Republican speak..."

Big blocks of people in congress better start piping up real fast and start filing court challenges toot sweet IDP or we'll be enjoying civil strife soon enough!

"...they want the president to continue."

I dunno Delnorin, they covers a lot of ground, but no doubt the Ruling Class elements within the GOP just might be stuppid enough to think they can gain control of this power.  They must be disabused of such foolishness.

I am not seeing a happy end here people, not at all...

Offline Castaway

• Likes the place
I used to post tin foil hat comments and laugh at comment like "Bilderburg".  These days it'll make you  ::thinking::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Yeah, somebody's been adnvancing an agenda we don't like over the course of many decades...but we know who most of those players are...so looking for more boogiemen is probably understandable, but it also could be overblown in many instances.  For those who have eyes to see and ears to hear, we know who are enemies are!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
The Architect of Extra-Constitutional Actions for The Regime - Bill Daley.  Figures, another Chi-Town Thugocrat!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/obamas-chief-of-staff-its-been-brutal-ungodly-we-need-to-push-the-envelope-fk/

“You can just feel this electorate is very volatile. So strap yourself in.”

Sounds like a warning!  I guess fears of a forthcoming declaration of martial law are not to be discounted!

These fothermuckers are playing with the kind of conflagration they have no hope of controlling!

They better hope God has mercy on their immortal souls...I won't be no where near as forgiving with their mortal bodies!!!

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
Frankly , I don't feel bound by an "executive action" and I don't give a swift sh*t who the executive is !