Author Topic: God Help Britain  (Read 1183 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
God Help Britain
« on: October 25, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »
Tuesday, 25 October 2011 00:00 FresnoZionism.org

"I’ve written more than once about the relationship between anti-Zionism and antisemitism. But a recent piece in the UK Guardian (circulation 279,000 in January 2011) surprised even me.  

A creature named Deborah Orr writes a weekly column in that newspaper, which refers to her as “one of Britain’s leading social and political commentators.” God help Britain, then.

Orr rarely if ever writes about Israel – indeed, going back to January of this year I can find no other mention of the subject. So she is not one of the multitude of professional Israel-bashers, which makes it worse."[/quote

Here is the whole ugly thing:

"It’s quite something, the prisoner swap between Hamas and the Israeli government that returns Gilad Shalit to his family, and more than 1,000 Palestinian prisoners to theirs. The deal is widely viewed as a victory for Hamas, the radical Islamist group that gained power in Gaza after years of frustration at the intractability of the “peace process”. Conversely, it is being seen by some as a sign of weakness in Israel’s rightwing prime minister Binyamin Netanyahu.

All this, I fear, is simply an indication of how inured the world has become to the obscene idea that Israeli lives are more important than Palestinian lives. Netanyahu argues that he acted because he values Shalit’s life so greatly.

Yet who is surprised really, to learn that Netanyahu sees one Israeli’s freedom as a fair exchange for the freedom of so many Palestinians? Likewise, Hamas wished to use their human bargaining chip to gain release for as many Palestinians as they could. They don’t have much to bargain with.

At the same time, however, there is something abject in their eagerness to accept a transfer that tacitly acknowledges what so many Zionists believe – that the lives of the chosen are of hugely greater consequence than those of their unfortunate neighbours. [my emphasis]

What Orr has done is standard procedure for those who meld hating the Jewish State with hating Jews. She takes bare facts and imputes to them the worst possible motives, in this case entirely inverting the truth."

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2011102514796/editorial/us-opinion-and-editorial/god-help-britain.html? :(
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:15:34 PM by jpatrickham »

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: God Help Britain
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 12:42:02 PM »
There is a special place in hell for her, please let me know what I can do to expedite the visit.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 12:52:10 PM »
Israeli lives ARE more valuable than "Palestinian" lives. It takes a cursory glance at behavior and a modicum of a moral compass to figure it out.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 01:16:46 PM »
The Future of Mankind is written in blood, I can see no other way around it!

Offline old crank

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 02:15:00 PM »
  I agree that Israeli lives are worth more than Palestinian lives.  I am reminded of the lengths to which the Good Shepherd would go to save the one sheep that was lost.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 03:05:59 PM »
 I agree that Israeli lives are worth more than Palestinian lives.  I am reminded of the lengths to which the Good Shepherd would go to save the one sheep that was lost.

I think what you're saying is that to Christ, all are of equal value...

::thinking::  ::praying::

::saywhat:: Talk about being convicted by the Word... but in this earthly realm, by their fruits shall ye know them.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson