Author Topic: John Bolton Advocating War with Iran  (Read 2057 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
John Bolton Advocating War with Iran
« on: October 25, 2011, 04:53:10 PM »
The US knows Tehran is a terror sponsor that ignores sanctions. So only military action can stop its nuclear weapons programme.

The unpleasant reality is that the only alternative to a nuclear Iran is to break Tehran's program through the targeted use of military force, either by Israel, the United States or both. This is, to be sure, a risky, unpleasant and unattractive option. It is, nonetheless, far preferable to the only existing – and rapidly approaching – alternative, which is Iran with nuclear weapons. Although unwilling to say so publicly, Saudi Arabia and other Arab states have long privately hoped for leveling Iran's nuclear program. With the Iranian assassination plot now public, they might even smile publicly.

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
Re: John Bolton Advocating War with Iran
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 05:10:35 PM »
I like John and he's right it sucks but sometimes you gotta do what needs to be done. ::dueling:: ::cussing::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 05:19:27 PM »
I agree - at some point the world has to realize that a terrorist state is about to have or already does have the ability to make atomic weapons and once that genie's out of the bottle there's no going back. Boots on the ground is about the only way to stop it. At some point, and I don't think that point is too terribly far in the future, war in Iran is going to be unavoidable. The question is, will the world act before or after Iran touches off a nuke somewhere?
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 05:30:05 PM »
Let's not give the Chimp-n-Chief any bright ideas.

Besides, why would he want to topple Iran? They already ARE a radical Islamic theocracy.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 05:56:45 PM »
There comes a point that endless wars have to stop
I'm hardly a dove but Iran should have been right after Afghan, possibly before Iraq

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 06:04:35 PM »
I half-heard this morning that arrests were recently made implicating Iran in the purchase of the remote control detonators used in IEDs in Iraq -- so far, no verification.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 06:50:27 PM »
I don't doubt that a confrontation with Iran is in the not-distant future. But I am plenty tired of the aforementioned "Arab states" being able to have their cake and eat it too, i.e. secretly wanting Iran to be leveled but publicly spitting venom at the only two countries that could do it, i.e. us and Israel.

If the Sunni Arabs want to slay the Persian dragon so badly, let them put to use some of that military hardware we foolishly gave them. Let them put to use some of that (apparently surplus) young male population in their own countries.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 07:11:10 PM »

We could assure them ample "as needed" supply of necessary arms and fuel.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 09:11:19 PM »
  A B52 loaded with MOABs would prove the point in spades that we can reach out and touch them at will. Plant the first one right on their biggest plant and see what conversation comes out of it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 07:18:11 AM »
I half-heard this morning that arrests were recently made implicating Iran in the purchase of the remote control detonators used in IEDs in Iraq -- so far, no verification.

Heard that on the radio, traced back through Singapore, ended up in Iranian designed IEDs.

What are the odds that there will be a democrat bag man involved in this scam, and that they may have even spent time visiting the White HOuse, which we cannot confirm since they are refusing to disclose any list of visitors?
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 07:19:13 AM »
  A B52 loaded with MOABs would prove the point in spades that we can reach out and touch them at will. Plant the first one right on their biggest plant and see what conversation comes out of it.

The B53 would have been perfect for the job, too bad Hussein Obama dismantled them, eh?

::facepalm::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.