Author Topic: Surprising Objections To New ABC Pilot, "Good Christian Bitches"  (Read 5078 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Surprising Objections To New ABC Pilot, "Good Christian Bitches"
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2012, 12:10:50 PM »
I caught some of this...seems like a whole lot of left over high school petty cattiness...I predict a very short run.

I think somebody really needs to get HMW or whatever going...that'd be some uproarious head-rolling fun!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2012, 12:46:07 PM »
  Any bets on how long it lasts?

Plug is pulled.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/abc-cancels-anti-christian-good-christian-belles-television-show/

But one of GCB’s stars, Kristin Chenoweth, has, in the past, defended the show as well as her part in it. Chenoweth, a practicing Christian, saw no problem with the program’s handling of faith.

The Bible tells us that we’re not supposed to judge, and people shouldn’t judge before seeing the show,” she told ABC News back in March. “I’m a Christian, I think that’s pretty well known, and I would never do anything that I think crossed the line.”

I really am sick of people misunderstanding what the Bible says about "judging".  They use it as an excuse to do what isn't right.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2012, 01:36:06 PM »

Plug is pulled.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/abc-cancels-anti-christian-good-christian-belles-television-show/

But one of GCB’s stars, Kristin Chenoweth, has, in the past, defended the show as well as her part in it. Chenoweth, a practicing Christian, saw no problem with the program’s handling of faith.

The Bible tells us that we’re not supposed to judge, and people shouldn’t judge before seeing the show,” she told ABC News back in March. “I’m a Christian, I think that’s pretty well known, and I would never do anything that I think crossed the line.”

I really am sick of people misunderstanding what the Bible says about "judging".  They use it as an excuse to do what isn't right.

Yup.  You know you are dealing with a moron when they whip that out...what they really mean is "I don't want to be judged so I am not going to judge so that way everybody can do whatever the heck they want and we all are good little Christian's"!

It is not a blanket indemnification for being bad as you wanna be people!

Offline EW1(SG)

• Who? Me?
    • EW1's Intercept Log
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2012, 06:09:39 PM »

Plug is pulled.

Traditional Jewish practice is not to directly speak the name of the Almighty, so there are phrases frequently used to refer to the Ineffable Name.

One of them is "The Eternal Judge."

Rather difficult to avoid speaking about judgment in an ethics treatise.
My doctor told me to start killing people.  Not in those exact words, she said I had to reduce the stress in my life.

Same thing.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2012, 06:29:42 PM »
obama's fav show : Extreme Takeover, Home edition
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2012, 06:40:36 PM »
Um, no...Extreme Lesbian Presidents
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.