Author Topic: Surprising Objections To New ABC Pilot, "Good Christian Bitches"  (Read 5098 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Surprising Objections To New ABC Pilot, "Good Christian Bitches"
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2011, 04:30:34 PM »

When I look at a photo like this I simply have no doubt that what we're dealing with in the strict practice of Islam is pure evil - nothing less than Satanism by another name.

Quite.  That is one of the creepiest, repulsive things I have ever seen.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2011, 04:45:22 PM »
They do, they look like they're in burial shrouds.

But look at the number of Muslim women raised in the West, exposed to the liberated culture of the West, who nevertheless submit to arranged marriages to some creep directly from Pakistan they've never seen before. It's not always coerced either. I read about a Muslim girl of Pakistani descent who had lived her whole life in Canada and voluntarily started adopting Muslim dress to satisfy the would-be groom's parents.

I submit that there's some sort of genetic insanity in that part of the world. Islam is not a religion that makes people lunatics, it's a religion invented by lunatics. In the chicken-egg dilemma, I say Islam is the result not the cause.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 05:59:02 AM »
"All in the Jihad"

" The Adventures of Benghazi and Harriet "

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 07:52:27 AM »
"All in the Jihad"

" The Adventures of Benghazi and Harriet "

Ben who...oh, heh!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2011, 08:53:57 PM »
...to enjoy a little prime-time self-deprecation....

Oh, so that's what they're doing for us. THANKS.

::mooning::

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 11:00:31 PM »
...to enjoy a little prime-time self-deprecation....

Oh, so that's what they're doing for us. THANKS.

::mooning::

Oh. I get it. Ha-ha-frikkin' ha. They're doing it as a favor for us to enjoy laughing at our faith. Funny.  ::eyes::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 11:33:28 PM »

A list of sponsors would be helpful. Post it and...
Local Churches, Temples, Synagogues email addys are at the tips of our fingers. 

That should take care of it.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2012, 11:55:09 AM »
Irony, sweet irony...

Good Christian Bitches debuted last weekend at the same moment that the Democrat Party and the entire MFM were demanding Rush Limbaugh's head for uttering the words "slut" and "prostitute" in reference to a leftist who is arguably entitled to the terms.

Here is a link to Brent Bozell's column on Disney Corporation's new show...

At the same time Washington was ablaze with outrage at the idea that Rush Limbaugh insulted a woman as a “slut,” ABC premiered a new Sunday night show called “GCB” – shortened from “Good Christian Bitches.” Limbaugh apologized. ABC displays no such contrition. They insulted only those Christians. In the midst of this trashy debut, ABC promoted a new sitcom coming in April titled “Don’t Trust The B---- in Apartment 23.”

ABC advertised the debut of “GCB” with a photo of actress Kristin Chenoweth in a choir robe cut way above the knee, as if such a thing exists. “Love One Another,” it read, dripping in sarcasm. That’s Hollywood’s definition of a “good Christian.”

I guess that this is the point where I swear off all things Disney.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 02:14:10 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2012, 12:09:10 PM »
When I first posted on this A YEAR AGO I never really thought that ABC/Disney would actually go through with it.

This show and this network have now given what amounts to irrefutable testimony that Hollywood literally hates Christians. Further corroborating evidence comes in the form of silence from the MFM about this especially given the two week long (and counting) fake outrage over Limbaugh calling a slut a slut.

What can you say when the hypocrisy is turned up to eleven?
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2012, 02:09:37 PM »
The double standard is out in the open, and it's going to lead to violence.

When people believe they can say or do anything without accountability, and also see that those who disagree with them are shouted down every time they object or speak out vociferously, sooner or later the first group will believe that moving from no accountability in speech to no accountability in action is a small step.

Obama is encouraging this dynamic.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2012, 02:13:00 PM »
Obama is encouraging this dynamic.

As Rush would say, "Which is by design."

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2012, 03:05:00 PM »
  Any bets on how long it lasts?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2012, 03:52:51 PM »
Can't say how long it'll last.

I'd forgotten all about this controversy (it's a year-old now) and tuned in last Sunday.  Ten minutes in, Annie Potts' character made a crack about liberals; the rest of the show featured hypocritical Christian women being nasty to, and about, each other.  It wasn't until the middle of this week, that I read something else about "GCB", which spelled out the name as it was proposed last year.  So.  I've seen my first and last episode.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2012, 04:12:40 PM »
Hey Disney. Here's an idea: How bouts a sitcom based on Islam called "Good Muslim Stoners" starring Mohammed and Mehda Azzworni.

Episode One: "You Don't Need that Thing, Anyway" Mo and Mehda take their 12 year old daughter to the Muslim Gynecologist for her clitorectomy.

Episode Two: "Mo's Neighbor gets Really Stoned" Mo tells his two sons they should take part in the stoning of the kid down the street because he listens to rock music and wears Western clothing.

Episode Three: "Pederist Ain't No Foot Doctor" Mo and Mehda marry off their 13 year old daughter to Uncle Uhzhi from the old country. Uncle "U" is only 55, but he has a thriving import/export business. The dowry is awesome!

Episode Four: "Charity Begins at Hamas" The family explores the free enterprise system by setting up a falafel stand under the pretext that the profit will go to homeless kids back in Pakistan. Actually, Mo meets with his Imam to channel the funds to Hamas.

Episode Four: "It Would be an Honor" Mo considers murdering his 15 year old daughter because she was seen talking to a neighbor boy who is 18 and not a Muslim.

Damn, that there would be some funny stuff.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2012, 04:51:08 PM »
 ::thumbsup::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2012, 05:42:27 PM »
I still like the titles that I proposed a year ago...especially "That F*u*cking Mohammed" That one has some real possibilities. I'm guessing that they would probably change the title to "TFM"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2012, 05:43:48 PM »
  Annie Potts was a sex worker that's been on HBO a few times over the yaers. I doubt it's the same person but the name is interesting.

GCB (Good Christian Belles) - ABC Trailer

Notice the title.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2012, 05:46:55 PM »
ABC isn't fooling anyone who is familiar with the source material. Since EVERYONE has access to the internet now it is a "secret" that they can't hope to hide. They could have changed the title to something unoffensive (although the material is still offensive to Christians regardless of what it's called) but they just abbreviated it so they might just as well have spelled it out. The meaning is still there.

Yeah, "Hot Muslim Whores" needs to be seriously considered. Or "HMW"

« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:50:30 PM by trapeze »

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2012, 05:49:25 PM »
It was viewed by 7.6 million and had a modest rating of 2.2.  Not spectacular.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/05/tv-ratings-sunday-gcb-premieres-modestly-once-upon-a-time-desperate-housewives-rise-the-good-wife-csi-miami-fall/122918/

For some reason they reran the same episode Thursday night a received a 1.3 and 3.78 million viewers.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2012, 05:53:14 PM »
The bottom line is that the title is misogynistic without the Christian tag. Where does ABC get off referring to any woman as a "bitch" in the climate of the last couple of weeks? I guess that they think they can get away with it because of the modifier...that is only Christian women can be bitches or something.

If the title of the show was merely "Good Bitches" would anyone be offended then? Or how about, "Good Religious Bitches?" Or "Good Christian Sluts?" Or "Hypocritical Christian Whores?"

Again the bottom line is that this is misogynistic. And it is most definitely bigoted against Christians. There is no way that this show could be put on the air by anyone who does not have a deep and abiding hatred of Christians in general and Christian women in particular. And it is arguable that the decision makers at ABC who green lighted this have little to no respect for ANY woman.

Perhaps ABC will be treating us to "JAP" in the not too distant future in an attack on those money grubbing Jewish sluts.

*I posted several comments at JF's youtube selection. I can't wait for the usual suspects to heap their nasty abuse on me.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:41:30 PM by trapeze »