Author Topic: I am the 10%  (Read 1001 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
I am the 10%
« on: October 26, 2011, 11:09:21 AM »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: I am the 10%
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 11:16:49 AM »
 ::cool::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 11:29:58 AM »
There is currently a war going on against special needs children. While those with Down Syndrome have been the primary targets to date due to pre-natal testing, it is only a matter of time before other abnormalities are also targeted. While there are certainly exceptions, the majority of doctors are far too quick to suggest abortion when something is wrong with the baby. They fail to see the blessings and lessons that these children can bring to the world. They fail to acknowledge the inherent worth of every person created by God. We must fight for life for those who cannot speak for themselves.
  from the blog A special Mother is Born
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 01:52:42 PM »
10%??? Is that number accurate? I cannot imagine how it could possibly be. Seems grossly inflated to me.

Not to undermine the nice sentiment of the photo though. There certainly is a push by the abortion industry to move people towards abortion when prenatal issues are identified.

ETA: I just googled the percentage and the result I got was 1 in 800, or .125%. I have no idea where this 10% claim comes from. It is a ridiculous exaggeration on its face.

ETA2: Or... is she saying that 90% of Down's babies are aborted? If that's the case, the wording is a bit tricky.

ETA3: Yes, ^that^. 90% of women given the prenatal Down's diagnosis choose to abort.

That's heinous, although it's one of the few instances that I can understand where the decision comes from, even though I disagree vehemently with it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 02:07:25 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 02:19:51 PM »
10%??? Is that number accurate? I cannot imagine how it could possibly be. Seems grossly inflated to me.

Not to undermine the nice sentiment of the photo though. There certainly is a push by the abortion industry to move people towards abortion when prenatal issues are identified.

from National Down Syndrome Society:
Down syndrome is the most commonly occurring chromosomal condition. One in every 691 babies is born with Down syndrome.

• There are more than 400,000 people living with Down syndrome in the United States.

• Down syndrome occurs in people of all races and economic levels.

• The incidence of births of children with Down syndrome increases with the age of the mother. But due to higher fertility rates in younger women, 80% of children with Down syndrome are born to women under 35 years of age.

MORE:
....Caroline Mansfield, Suellen Hopfer, Theresa M. Marteau, "Termination rates after prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome, spina bifida, anencephaly, and Turner and Klinefelter syndromes: a systematic literature review", Prenatal Diagnosis Volume 19 Issue 9, Pages 808 - 812, have reported that Down syndrome abortion has remained relatively constant over around 20 years. Down syndrome abortion reaches around the 92% mark of all Down syndrome confirmed pregnancies.

There's certainly a push to identify any prenatal issues in every pregnant woman whether she's at risk or not.  The age is being pushed to younger and younger. And some of the tests are not without risks. And unfortunately, it's not always presented as a way to be ready to treat any problems when the baby is born.  Because there will be no baby.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 10:51:34 AM »
All the Massacres through the Centuries doesn't compare to the slaughter of the Innocence since Roe vs. Wade has occurred. I believe so, in a Loving God, and his Son soon to return. I also believe in a fiery fierce Hell, the People who have turned their back on Life, will soon feel it's wrath! :'(