Author Topic: HS applications built into street lights  (Read 3486 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
HS applications built into street lights
« on: October 26, 2011, 11:13:46 AM »
http://www.infowars.com/new-street-lights-to-have-homeland-security-applications/

New street lights that include “Homeland Security” applications including speaker systems, motion sensors and video surveillance are now being rolled out with the aid of government funding.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: HS applications built into street lights
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 11:46:52 AM »
George Orwell would be so proud of his prediction............
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 11:49:57 AM »
Where's the nearest one?  I feel a full moon rising...

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 12:30:48 PM »

vandalism fodder
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 12:42:13 PM »
The ability of the government to use street lights to transmit “emergency alerts” also dovetails with the ongoing efforts to hijack radio and television broadcasts for the same purpose, via FEMA’s Emergency Alert System.

The federal government is keen to implement a centralized system of control over all communications, with the recent announcement that all new cell phones will be required to comply with the PLAN program (Personal Localized Alerting Network), which will broadcast emergency alert messages directly to Americans’ cell phones using a special chip embedded in the receiver. The system will be operational by the end of the year in New York and Washington, with the rest of the country set to follow in 2012.

The notion of using the street lights as communication tools to broadcast “alerts” directly from the federal government is also consistent with Homeland Security’s program to install Orwellian ‘telescreens’ that play messages by Janet Napolitano and other DHS officials in Wal-Mart stores across the country.

The fact that the federal government is funding the implementation of ‘Intellistreets’ comes as no surprise given that the nation’s expanding networks of surveillance cameras are also being paid for with Department of Homeland Security grants.

This author is not just blowing smoke about Wal-Mart either; check the link.

It's all too much.  They need to stopped.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 01:05:51 PM »
Apparently, HS knows where  their audience    the sheeple shop.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 01:54:48 PM »
I shop at Wal-Mart.  I will stop if I'm bombarded with Big Sis while in a checkout lane.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 02:22:38 PM »
I shop at Wal-Mart.  I will stop if I'm bombarded with Big Sis while in a checkout lane.

So do I, Pan.   ;D

(But there are a lot of sheeple at mine.)

The first time I see such an ad will be the last.  And I'll be on the phone letting them know.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 02:28:20 PM »

So do I, Pan.   ;D

(But there are a lot of sheeple at mine.)

The first time I see such an ad will be the last.  And I'll be on the phone letting them know.

There are a lot of sheeple everywhere.  Or maybe my cynical view of people has hardened into general contempt.  I dunno.  I suspect too many of them, for my comfort, will have no problem with these streetlights, or, if they do, for the wrong reason.

Interesting, the bit about the "alert messaging" chip in the cellphones; apparently we are not to be allowed beyond the reach of Leviathan.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 03:42:46 PM »
I remember when I was a kid, me and a buddy went through a period of indulging a wild streak by going around town shooting out streetlights with a .22.

Bad, I know. But it worked.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 07:58:09 PM »
I remember when I was a kid, me and a buddy went through a period of indulging a wild streak by going around town shooting out streetlights with a .22.

Use subsonic, don't want to trip the shot sensor!

::stirpot::

Here's more info on CAP -

http://www.broadcastlawblog.com/tags/common-alerting-protocol/

charlesoakwood

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2011, 10:48:24 PM »

There was a time in the not too distant past that this would not have been accepted.
Period.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 06:42:06 AM »

There was a time in the not too distant past that this would not have been accepted.
Period.

Leftists have been unrelenting in their systematic dismantling of every pillar of liberty consecrated by our Founders, and our wealthy standard of living in the post-war era provided the requisite manure that allowed the spoiled children of privilege to breed new broods of lazy minds and idle bodies capable of bringing us to the brink of self destruction we see all around us.  I'm sure many latter day Romans also denied the truth of things too, it's always nice to pretend things are not as bad as they appear and hope they get better on their own.  Too bad history has proved that kind of idiocy fails utterly.  Thus goes our liberty...

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 10:58:56 AM »
Barking orders? Messages such as "We are watching you"?

And quit with the "gov't funding" chit. I hate that term. I'm funding it, you're funding it. They produce NO revenue, no profit.

In my local grocery, they have a screen at checkout that runs advertising, the weather, scores, etc.....I have no issue with it.....But if I see any politican on there, feeding me a line of BS about how safe "they" have made us or any other bullcrap, my first stop will be with the store owner, next to my reps.

I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 11:42:10 AM »
My walmart has tv screens at each aisle.  It's like waiting in line at an amusement park.  I guess it's to give you something to do while you wait. For awhile they disappeared or were just turned off but now they're back. It's so annoying.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2011, 07:20:42 PM »
My walmart has tv screens at each aisle.  It's like waiting in line at an amusement park.  I guess it's to give you something to do while you wait. For awhile they disappeared or were just turned off but now they're back. It's so annoying.

BJ's has several TVs at the end-caps running infomercials.  I turn them off.  ::snerk::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 07:28:50 PM »

BJ's has several TVs at the end-caps running infomercials.  I turn them off.  ::snerk::

love it!

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 07:30:03 PM »
http://www.infowars.com/new-street-lights-to-have-homeland-security-applications/

The video talks about audio and video recording... and bi-directional audio....

I.E.  They will video you and record what you are saying as you walk down the street.
I wonder how many such devices are already in use that we haven't found out about yet?

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 03:10:47 AM »
How much has DHS cost us since its inception ? It's a Bush era idea which Stymie has come to love since it's nothing more than a funnel to other more nefarious agendas in his playbook .

It's way past time to eliminate DHS before the little "Himmlers" and "Heydrichs" get even more power ! Now that I think of it , Stymie doesn't have "Czars" ... He has "Gauleiters" !    ::thinking::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 06:47:45 AM »
How much has DHS cost us since its inception ? It's a Bush era idea which Stymie has come to love since it's nothing more than a funnel to other more nefarious agendas in his playbook .

It's way past time to eliminate DHS before the little "Himmlers" and "Heydrichs" get even more power ! Now that I think of it , Stymie doesn't have "Czars" ... He has "Gauleiters" !    ::thinking::

Well, that's where Joseph Goebbels got his start!  Nappy Janet just follwing in the same footsteps as histories goons!

She might as well rename DHS to the Ministry of State Security...it's aegis is growing well beyond its original intent and is morphing into a tool of oppression.