Author Topic: U.S. border agent jailed for improper arrest of suspected drug smuggler  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
This is effing insane, people have absolutely lost their effing minds!  ZERO EVIDENCE!  EYE-WITNESS CO-WORKERS SAW NO MISTREATMENT!  How the fvck does an illegal loaded with drugs have US RIGHTS?!  W T F ! ! !

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/oct/25/border-agent-jaile-arrest-teen-drug-smuggler/

This guy needs to be pardoned!

Judge Alia Moses Ludlum (another fricken Bush appointee!) needs to be impeached!

And Johnny Sutton needs to disapear forever!

::outrage::   ::angry::   ::gaah::   ::rockets::   ::laserkill:: 
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

Re: U.S. border agent jailed for improper arrest of suspected drug smuggler
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 12:14:27 PM »

They should stroll down the lane hand in hand.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 12:20:27 PM »
Law enforcement officers must be held to a higher standard than citizens. Their conduct must be beyond reproach - both their own sake but more importantly, for the sake of the law.

It looks like there is some evidence of collusion by the officers involved. If true a proper response should be in the form of a 20-30 day suspension. Felony prosecution? No way. Jail time? No way!

Unfortunately, what this sort of judicial persecution will have the effect of discouraging honorable people from serving. In their place will be more thugs. Thugish cops will be more inclined to misbehave.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 04:36:01 PM »
  A lot to be said for holes in the desert and a bag of lime. ::rockets::
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 08:07:34 PM »
Law enforcement officers must be held to a higher standard than citizens. Their conduct must be beyond reproach - both their own sake but more importantly, for the sake of the law.

It looks like there is some evidence of collusion by the officers involved. If true a proper response should be in the form of a 20-30 day suspension. Felony prosecution? No way. Jail time? No way!

Unfortunately, what this sort of judicial persecution will have the effect of discouraging honorable people from serving. In their place will be more thugs. Thugish cops will be more inclined to misbehave.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

If nefarious collusion is bad, if in response to the kind of BS one has to put up from idiot judges and this asshole Sutton?  The latter I can forgive.

As far as the end result, you are spot on, and this does not bode well for America!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 09:37:42 PM »

At the Faith and Families forum Ron Paul addressed the problem of rogue judges and courts.
He mentioned specifically a judge from Texas, 9th Court, and TSCOTUS.  He cited the deeds
and words of Tomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton and Andrew Jackson and gave a short
dissertation how the court or judge or a decision by a court could be rendered null.
Using his choice of putting the 9th on notice.

Right Scoop had Cain, Perry, Bachmann and gNewt's appearances
up to view.  They were all good.  Paul's was equally as good and they did a disservice
to the electorate by not putting Paul's up for view, his legal points alone merited
his being offered.

Edit 9:37

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 06:44:39 AM »
I'm for nullification...and neutering!

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 09:23:37 AM »

Wash, rinse, repeat.

If nefarious collusion is bad, if in response to the kind of BS one has to put up from idiot judges and this asshole Sutton?  The latter I can forgive.

As far as the end result, you are spot on, and this does not bode well for America!

The collusion did not benefit the officer in question; their testimony was used to convict him.

It also said that probationary agents who claimed to have witnessed the assault raised no objections during the incident and failed to notify an on-duty supervisor until hours later.

“Instead, they went off-duty to a local ‘Whataburger’ restaurant, got their stories straight and reported it hours later to an off-duty supervisor at his home,” the council said. “Then the ‘witnesses’ went back to the station and reported their allegations.”

Beck is talking about the facts of this case now; the BP officer did not strike the illegal or kick him.  He was convicted of violating the illegal's "civil rights" by lifting his cuffed arms -- behind his back -- to help put him down on the ground, a routine law-enforcement technique.

Sutton wasn't involved, he's since moved on since Ramos and Compean.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 10:24:41 AM »
I get so sick of our border agents being sold out by this government. When I look back at the outrage committed against Ramos and Compean, and the silence on the situation from the Bush White House until the last possible moment - and then no pardon, only commutation - my blood boils. You have agent Brian Terry, killed by the Holder Justice department. Now this.

These people are asked to work in hell on earth, day in and day out. And we're going to upend their lives if they rough-cuff an illegal alien drug smuggler?

::devil::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 11:08:46 AM »

Wash, rinse, repeat.

The collusion did not benefit the officer in question; their testimony was used to convict him.

It also said that probationary agents who claimed to have witnessed the assault raised no objections during the incident and failed to notify an on-duty supervisor until hours later.

“Instead, they went off-duty to a local ‘Whataburger’ restaurant, got their stories straight and reported it hours later to an off-duty supervisor at his home,” the council said. “Then the ‘witnesses’ went back to the station and reported their allegations.”

Beck is talking about the facts of this case now; the BP officer did not strike the illegal or kick him.  He was convicted of violating the illegal's "civil rights" by lifting his cuffed arms -- behind his back -- to help put him down on the ground, a routine law-enforcement technique.

Sutton wasn't involved, he's since moved on since Ramos and Compean.

It shouldn't have been used to convict him, there was nothing there to convict on!  Right about Sutton, but it was his successor in that office who brought the charges.  I wonder how this coward given immunity   ::)  sleeps at night?!

And you are right IDP...I can be hard on bad cops as anyone, but these guys trying to do their job and they have to operate under ever-shifting rules that only further benefit criminals...?   Why bother at all?  Just like everything the Left touches...it will just turn to crap!

I would resign rather than put up with this crap, there is no incentive to do whats right, all the incentive is going toward looking the other way and let the illegals and thier pimps do whatever the hell they want.

We are truly effed!

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 01:47:10 PM »
[More Of The Insanity]

Wife Of Border Agent Sentenced to Prison for Rough Cuffing a Drug Suspect Speaks Out

"As reported on The Blaze yesterday, Federal Agent Jesus Diaz was sentenced to two years in prison for allegedly roughing up a suspected drug runner who was caught with other illegals, bringing 150 pounds of marijuana across the border from Mexico into the US. Nationally syndicated radio host, and frequent Beck fill-in host, Joe Pagliarulo spoke in great detail with Jesus Diaz wife about the sentence. Some of the highlights:

- Diaz contends that he did no wrong.

- The suspect did not have any visible marks from “rough handcuffing.”

- Despite being caught smuggling drugs into the country and admitting that fact in court, the suspect received immunity for his testimony and walked away a free man.

- Agent Diaz has been in solitary confinement for eight months during this trial and his wife claims he has been shackled during the trial.

- A judge denied Agent Diaz bail, his wife Diana gave birth to a baby girl two weeks after her husband’s incarceration, he has never held their child."

COMPLETE ARTICLE AND VIDEO:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/wife-of-border-agent-sentenced-to-prison-for-rough-cuffing-a-drug-suspect-speaks-out/?mid=5136920

Dammit To Hell, and pass the Tylenol! Amen ::gaah:: ::puke::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 05:38:34 PM »
Lou Dobbs had the wife on the radio and will have her on his show tonight at 7.00PM eastersn standard.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 07:04:36 AM »
Should have just popped the drug-running bastard!  At least then the time in jail would have been more worth it!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 07:18:29 PM »
Should have just popped the drug-running bastard!  At least then the time in jail would have been more worth it!

See I was right,hole lime no problems.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 07:36:07 PM »

Absolooootely.

Better off done, though, with no witnesses.  Unless you want to be digging and liming half the night.  ;)
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 08:07:17 PM »

Absolooootely.

Better off done, though, with no witnesses.  Unless you want to be digging and liming half the night.  ;)

No big deal it's sand.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 09:43:32 PM »

Absolooootely.

C'mon Pan - you think we're gonna start getting sloppy this late in the game?!  ::laughonfloor::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 10:14:24 PM »

Absolooootely.

C'mon Pan - you think we're gonna start getting sloppy this late in the game?!  ::laughonfloor::

::doh::  O' course not!  Silly me!  Lost me head.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 10:49:56 PM »
UPDATE and you're not going to believe this:

After successfully winning a two-year prison sentence against U.S. Border Patrol Agent Jesus E. Diaz Jr., the Justice Department is now trying to collect a $6,870 fine from his wife, saying it should be paid “immediately” — even though the judge signaled she would have a grace period.

In a notice sent last week the Justice Department said the fines were imposed by the court that found Agent Diaz guilty and sentenced him to prison for improperly restraining a 15-year-old suspected of drug smuggling.

“We strongly urge you to pay this debt immediate,” said the notice, which was received by Diana Diaz, who is also a Border Patrol agent.

But Rep. Duncan Hunter, California Republican, sent a letter to Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. on Tuesday asking that the fine be canceled or at the least be delayed until after his appeal. Mr. Hunter said the judge in the case told Mrs. Diaz that the process for fines wouldn’t begin until a month after he was released from federal prison.

“The case involving Agent Diaz deserves special consideration under the circumstances,” Mr. Hunter said.
The Justice Department didn’t respond immediately to a request for comment Tuesday afternoon.

Mr. Hunter had earlier written a letter asking Mr. Holder why the Justice Department pursued the case against Agent Diaz even after two internal reviews cleared him of wrongdoing.

A third review did say Agent Diaz violated rules when he twisted the suspected smuggler’s arms and placed used his knee to apply pressure to the man’s body. The U.S Attorney’s Office for the Western District of Texas brought charges.

Members of Congress have challenged the Justice Department’s prosecution, saying it could make agents less effective. Mr. Hunter said it “sets a dangerous precedent and creates unnecessary confusion among law enforcement on the border.”

WorldNetDaily reported the fine notice Monday night, saying a charitable organization, the Law Enforcement Officers Advocates Council, has begun trying to raise money for Agent Diaz’s family.

Talk about adding insult to injury.

Via Drudge.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 11:07:52 PM »

DOJ loves Texas, got to, you know, flirtin' like he does all the time.
Not sure if he knows what he's asking for.

ZZ Top - Gimme All Your Lovin' (music video)