Author Topic: Paul Ryan: Fighting for a “new American Renaissance”  (Read 1711 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
Re: Paul Ryan: Fighting for a “new American Renaissance”
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 02:01:01 PM »
Can we start by gassing all of the rabble rousers of OWS??
Eschew Obfuscation

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 02:22:01 PM »
Can we start by gassing all of the rabble rousers of OWS??

No.

Does a flat tax make the system  more complex? — Ryan says that the practical argument for this claim is that people have already arranged their lives around the current code, and that it takes some time to transition in order to avoid economic dislocation.  On the political side, though, there are entrenched interests that will fight simplification — Ryan called it “the gauntlet,” the “tax-expenditure lobby” — and they won when Republicans had control of Washington in the Bush years.  Having two systems in place for a short term allows for transition and bypasses that power.

*sigh*  We already have economic dislocation.

This is not my idea of "fighting for it".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 07:15:53 PM »

Interesting how right minded people can have different perceptions.
My reaction is that it is a cunning way to eliminate the old tax code
by attrition.  Who in their right mind wants the old system?
Right few and far between.  Agents will be transferred, retired, or
gotten rid of one way or another, buildings sold, it would be beautiful.

IRS building for sale.   NeuOil Corp. to buy IRS buildings in ND, SD, and PA.  

It won't be a campaign issue
it will be an unintended consequence. Bwaaaaa hahaha aaaaaaaaa
                                                                                           ::hysterical::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 08:36:33 PM »
Courage, where art thou?!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 10:28:39 PM »
Courage, where art thou?!

Expectations this election season are running very high.
We are sick of all these shackles, rapes, oppressions, and advantages
that we have suffered.  They began forging links of this chain before
our birth and they have not stopped and the burden of the weight grows.

Relieving ourselves of this burden, these many links of encumbrance
will not come election day, it will not be the flicking of a light switch
on or off.  It will take time.  They have artfully linked these chains together
and they will have to be taken apart thoughtfully.  This chain is not a
simple string it is intertwined and severing too many links roughly may cause
the whole thing to come apart as just as the Clown Prince wishes.

We don't need nuance but a little finesse can go a long way.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 11:20:56 PM »
The IRS and those who use it as the single biggest instrument of social engineering will assassinate any politicians that seriously make moves on their fiefdom. And I mean that literally.

Government is like a cancerous tumor. All it can do is grow. It can't shrink. With a tumor you can use a surgeon's blade or a chemical poison to remove the bulk of it, but it will never shrink by any mechanism of its own. The question is how to do so with a malignant, metastasized government. Right now we're still stuck in the "but chemo will make us sick...we're not doing that!" phase.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 07:01:08 AM »
The IRS and those who use it as the single biggest instrument of social engineering will assassinate any politicians that seriously make moves on their fiefdom. And I mean that literally.

Government is like a cancerous tumor. All it can do is grow. It can't shrink. With a tumor you can use a surgeon's blade or a chemical poison to remove the bulk of it, but it will never shrink by any mechanism of its own. The question is how to do so with a malignant, metastasized government. Right now we're still stuck in the "but chemo will make us sick...we're not doing that!" phase.

This is why I advocate amputation.  Cut the damn thing off, I don't give a damn how much it flops around or who gets splattered with blood in the process.  It simply must  be done!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 11:17:37 AM »

This is why I advocate amputation.  Cut the damn thing off, I don't give a damn how much it flops around or who gets splattered with blood in the process.  It simply must  be done!

I like the way you think.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 11:45:43 AM »

This is why I advocate amputation.  Cut the damn thing off, I don't give a damn how much it flops around or who gets splattered with blood in the process.  It simply must  be done!

I like the way you think.

I'd accept the nomination for Treasury Secretary under a new Administration, not sure I would survive the confirmation process, but I sure as hell wouldn't shrink from swinging the axe if I had the opportunity!