Author Topic: Operation Fast & Furious: Rep. Joe Walsh lays it all out  (Read 2509 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Operation Fast & Furious: Rep. Joe Walsh lays it all out
« on: October 27, 2011, 07:54:32 AM »
In a letter advising Holder to resign .....

Your Department has made an enormous error in judgment. It instructed federally-licensed firearms dealers to illegally sell at least 2,000 guns that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) intended to be trafficked to drug cartels in Mexico. The results of this error in judgment have implicated the United States in well over one hundred deadly crimes and the deaths of two federal agents.

This not only raises serious questions about your ability to serve as the head of the Justice Department, but also begs the question of why an anti-gun Administration would knowingly force licensed firearms dealers to sell guns to violent criminals. I raise this because Operation Fast and Furious — if the facts of this case had not come to light — would have been used by this Administration as another false argument to attack law-abiding American gun owners.

The American people deserve to know if your Department had any intent to link the legal purchase of firearms here in the U.S. to crimes committed near our southern border. Operation Fast and Furious funneled firearms legally purchased at gun shops in the U.S. to known criminal syndicates to prove these syndicates have access to legal purchased weapons. This is a deliberate attempt to vilify and attack the millions of gun owners in America who value our Second Amendment and have never broken the law.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Operation Fast & Furious: Rep. Joe Walsh lays it all out
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 08:05:54 AM »
It's a good thing that Republicans are willing to call out the agenda as well as the crimes. Frankly, I'm surprised that they even understand the agenda, let alone a willingness to make an accusation against it.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 11:12:39 AM »
Well, that's 4 elected people who give a damn, when there should be 536!

::gaah::

I suppose Erica will just dump this letter into the circular file with the rest...

::angry::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 01:17:22 PM »

Allow me to be the dissenter.
Walsh today sent a harshly-worded letter to Holder, in which he asked Holder to “resign immediately and issue an apology to the American people [he has] failed to serve.” Walsh also took Holder to task for his stonewalling of the House Oversight Committee’s investigation into Fast and Furious.

The Pubbies are very good at harshly-worded letters.
What they are not good at and what they are not doing
here is sending them a summons for trial.

They couldn't prosecute a commode after a hard drunk.
Pathetic.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 01:22:40 PM »

The Pubbies are very good at harshly-worded letters.

I think even those are rare....

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 07:07:04 AM »
Maybe if they like writing harshly worded letters, perhaps they should receive several from us?  Maybe then they'll get off their asses?!

Sounds good but I'm not even buying my own logic, not when applied to a party so rife with feckless morons...

::bashing::

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 11:43:03 AM »
You know whats is funny is hardly any body is calling out Hillary considering this was an International operation.
There are reasons we invented things like the...... ::guillotine::  
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 11:16:34 AM »
You know whats is funny is hardly any body is calling out Hillary considering this was an International operation.
There are reasons we invented things like the...... guillotine 

There's a reason why Hitlery was spouting off about the percentages of 'American' guns in Mexico way before this F&F scandal broke. She was going on about that stuff a few years ago! Personally I think this plan was actually hatched by her and Bill back during his presidency.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 11:19:31 AM »
There are reasons we invented things like the...... guillotine  

There's a reason why Hitlery was spouting off about the percentages of 'American' guns in Mexico way before this F&F scandal broke. She was going on about that stuff a few years ago! Personally I think this plan was actually hatched by her and Bill back during his presidency.

The idea perhaps has seeds with them, but since Obama lifted so many former Clintonoids out of the dumpster to populate his appointments it is little wonder the idea gained in momentum.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:41:00 AM by Libertas »

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 11:32:54 AM »
@Libertas:

/agree
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 04:23:04 PM »
Right. And not just cheap, but when they get an AK or M16, they're getting the real deal fully automatic version. There's simply no reason why a criminal organization with their reach would bother with expensive, reduced function, strings-attached weapons from the US civilian market when they can get them through diverted Third World police and military supply. Everything that made its way from the US civilian market to these Mexican cartels was deliberately seeded.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 04:34:26 PM »
Perhaps it should not be surprising that every one of the Fast and Furious weapons are among those that gun prohibitionists like the Joyce Foundation, Violence Policy Center, and Brady Campaign have tried to have banned.

AKs, ARs, FN pistols and .50 cals.

Plus, as the cartels get them for a song on the blackmarket, why the hell would they pay US prices?

Diane Feinstein has a particular loathing for .50 cals - mentioned in the above-linked piece.  Now I find this, via bonz:

Making a case for national gun registration, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said “perhaps mistakes were made” in the botched gun-walking program known as Fast and Furious, but she said trying to assign blame misses the larger problem.

“This is a deep concern for me. I know others disagree, but we have very lax laws when it comes to guns,” Feinstein, an advocate of gun control,  said during Tuesday's hearing of the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime and Terrorism.

“My concern, Mr. Chairman, is that there’s been a lot said about Fast and Furious, and perhaps mistakes were made,” Feinstein said. “But I think this hunt for blame doesn’t really speak about the problem. And the problem is, anybody can walk in and buy anything.”

Said at the time Lanny Breuer was testifying before Congress, on Monday.  Read the rest; put breakables out of reach first.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 07:06:31 AM »
OMG she is one dumb   ::cussing::  batsh*t   ::cussing::  commie   ::cussing::  gun-grabbing   ::cussing::  pos!

“Of the 94,000 weapons that have been recovered from Mexico, 64,000 of those are traced to the United States. We have to do something to prevent criminals from getting those guns,”

THEN STOP THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION FROM SELLING THEM TO THE MEXICAN DRUG CARTELS YOU IGNORANT TWIT!!!
 “Do you believe that if there were some form of registration when you purchase these firearms that would make a difference?”

WE HAVE REGISTRATION ALREADY YOU IDIOT, AND IT DIDN'T STOP HOLDER'S DOJ FROM SELLING THEM TO MEXICAN DRUG LORDS, DID IT, IDIOT?!
Jesus, Mary & Joseph...I cannot take anymore of these lying piles of excrement!  They need to be purged from society!!!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 04:44:07 PM »
Jesus, Mary & Joseph...I cannot take anymore of these lying piles of excrement!  They need to be purged from society!!!

And the sooner, the better.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson