Author Topic: Total Capitulation & the Evangelical Surrender of Truth  (Read 1382 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Total Capitulation & the Evangelical Surrender of Truth
« on: October 27, 2011, 11:10:45 AM »
"Evangelical Christians are not surprised to find themselves analyzed and criticized within the pages of the secular press. After all, the truth claims that characterize authentic evangelicalism are increasingly seen as unusual (and perhaps even dangerous) by the secular mind. Nevertheless, evangelical readers of The New York Times recently found themselves taken to task by writers presenting themselves as fellow evangelicals. Their essay reveals the central question that evangelicals musty now answer: Do we really believe that the Bible is the Word of God?

In their opinion essay, Karl W. Giberson and Randall J. Stephens accuse evangelicals of “simplistic theology, cultural isolation, and stubborn anti-intellectualism,” among other things. They point specifically to the rejection of evolution, which they call “the rejection of science,” and then refer to this as “textbook evidence of unyielding ignorance on the part of the religious.”

Continue reading at www.bpnews.net

Interesting, the New York Times no less. "Do we really believe that the Bible is the Word of God?"
As for me, especially now!

[/b]

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: Total Capitulation & the Evangelical Surrender of Truth
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 06:41:05 PM »
I can still remember the people packing churches after 9/11. I guess they really didn't feel it after all.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 11:06:50 PM »
I can still remember the people packing churches after 9/11. I guess they really didn't feel it after all.

There's the rub AlanS--being a Christian is a wee bit more than just feeling it. I think they felt it--whatever that means--but what is one to do with it?  Live it?  Nah.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 07:02:13 AM »
Why don't Karl and Randy just come out and admit they're in favor of burning Christians at the stake and be done with it?

Their rabid bias against Christians illustrates how anti-intellectual they are in that they see believers to be such a nefarious threat to society?

How about these two buttheads analyze liberalism and the anti-intellectual bias running through the various strains in the pond and the destructive outcomes it spawns?  I dare you two brainiacs to impress me with your blinding insight into that!  Global cooling/global warming/climate change alone ought to occupy one full volume on the failures intellect and scientific reason!

How do these two morons rate an opportunity to express their views in an opinion essay?

::)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 10:49:04 AM »
Maybe a little off topic but, just the same, maybe not! ::angry::

School District Must Pay Muslim Teacher for Trip to Mecca

Filed under Government, Islam

"With unemployment mired above nine percent and new jobless claims hovering at 400,000 a week, the Obama administration needed a victory, and at last it has one. The Justice Department has forced a Middle American school district to pay a Muslim teacher $75,000 and implement a sensitivity training course throughout the district, after administrators refused to allow the new hire to take three weeks off for a trip to Mecca in 2008.

Safoorah Khan had held her job as a math lab instructor at McArthur Middle School in Berkeley, Illinois, less than a year when she asked unpaid leave to make hajj, the once-in-a-lifetime religious requirement that is one of the five pillars of Islam. The school district noted that she asked for the leave immediately before exams, was the only instructor in her department, and that the teachers’ union-brokered contract offered her infidel counterparts no comparable leave. Last December, the Justice Department filed suit against the district after the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission reported her complaint. The DoJ argued administrators had violated Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, discriminating against Khan because of her religion.

On Thursday, all Eric Holder’s men announced the school district had entered into a consent agreement to pay the Muslim mathematician $75,000 in compensation and damages."

http://floydreports.com/obama-wins-school-district-must-pay-muslim-teacher-for-trip-to-mecca/

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 11:01:58 AM »
"sensitivity training"

::mooning::

this reminds me of the funniest scene in NCIS when the team had to attend sexual harassment training:

NCIS - Sexual Harassment Meeting
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 11:15:29 AM »
The only sensitivity I care about is how a trigger feels on my finger and how recoil is felt in my hand.

If I was the school district I would tell the DoJ to eff off...but they already blew that opportunity by falling for Holder's "Justice Brothers" style shakedown...

If I were a taxpayer in this district I would be suing the school district for caving into thugs...you can't stop them from hiring morons...these are libtards working for libtards after all, so you know they'll replicate their failures time and time again...but I'd sue their ass for negligence just the same and work to have them all removed from the board!

Idiots!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 12:18:48 PM »
It's amazing that these things still happen. You know with the libs being sooooo enlightened and all.

/

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 12:46:23 PM »
It's amazing that these things still happen. You know with the libs being sooooo enlightened and all.

/

Only time a Lib is enlightened, when they enlighten a joint! ::pimp::

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 01:34:51 PM »

/

Only time a Lib is enlightened, when they enlighten a joint! ::pimp::

::laughonfloor::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 04:43:33 PM »

Hey media, how bout these questions.

Do I really believe islam is a religion of peace?
Do I really believe the koran is the word of allah?
Do I really believe sharia law is fair to women?

Should Karl W. Giberson and Randall J. Stephens accuse islam of “simplistic theology, cultural isolation, and stubborn anti-intellectualism,” among other things?

I didn't think so......
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.