Author Topic: Richmond Tea Party invoices city: Charge "OWS", or refund $10k for our rallies  (Read 2222 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
This is something that has burned my ass from the beginning. The Tea Parties have been uniformly coordinated with municipalities, legally permitted, orderly, and left no footprint. These scumbag OWS mobs have done the exact opposite and have not been held accountable for any of it until the last day or two.

Personally, I think anyone should be able to gather anywhere without a stinking permit. That reeks of government doling out our right to assemble. But like good little conservatives, we obey the rules and do it the way you're supposed to do it, while human filth fills the public square without any consideration of propriety - and the same municipalities that the Tea Parties treated with such care allow the filth to destroy peace and tranquility with no accountability.

It is good that the Richmond Tea Party is sueing to draw attention to this disparity. Make city leaders publicly eat their double-standard.

HT: gatewaypundit...

Richmond Tea Party Sues City: Charge #Occupy Protesters Or Refund $10,000 For Rallies at Plaza
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:00:31 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Gateway Pundit's headline is misleading--the tea party group has sent an invoice to the city requesting a refund.  Perhaps I missed something but I don't see a lawsuit mentioned.

No doubt the Richmond officials will squirm up an answer to cover their a$$es.  

I hope they continue to make an issue of it.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:01:00 PM by IronDioPriest »
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

It's not necessary for it to have been the same park, if the Tea Party paid compliance
fees in the same city or township these scuzzbags are fouling,  they should sue.

They all ought to sue.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:01:22 PM by IronDioPriest »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
This needs to catch on..... Tea Party should petition everywhere they have paid a fee where the occupy wall stret crowd gathered.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:01:41 PM by IronDioPriest »
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Gateway Pundit's headline is misleading--the tea party group has sent an invoice to the city requesting a refund.  Perhaps I missed something but I don't see a lawsuit mentioned...

Good catch - title amended for accuracy.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
It's not necessary for it to have been the same park, if the Tea Party paid compliance
fees in the same city or township these scuzzbags are fouling,  they should sue.

They all ought to sue.

In the interest of fairness of course.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Yes, love the pushback!  And it should be reinforced with a lawsuit based upon 1st Amendment rights of free speech and assembly and argued in the context of equality under the law!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Levin was talking about this yesterday. He pointed out that not only should it be equally applied (or not applied), the OWS crowd should pay the fee for each day. The Tea Party organizers had to pay that for one day of assembly.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Levin was talking about this yesterday. He pointed out that not only should it be equally applied (or not applied), the OWS crowd should pay the fee for each day. The Tea Party organizers had to pay that for one day of assembly.

Yes!

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Either Column A, or Column B, you be the judge? ::saywhat::

Video:Occupy Wall Street vs. the Tea Party –You be the Judge

Helen Sabin,FloydReports.com

"This video shows exactly what Occupy Wall Street is all about. A picture is worth a thousand words,and these pictures speak volumes about the movement. Notice the words of the president,then stay tuned for the comparison with the Tea Party.

Feel free to copy the video link and pass around to all your friends,neighbors,and family. Then vote against Barack Obama in 2012.

You watch and decide which movement has America’s best interests at heart."

http://www.exposeobama.com/2011/10/28/video-occupy-wall-street-vs-the-tea-party-you-be-the-judge/ ::thinking::

OWS EXPOSED!

« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 09:08:08 AM by jpatrickham »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero

"This video shows exactly what Occupy Wall Street is all about. A picture is worth a thousand words,and these pictures speak volumes about the movement. Notice the words of the president,then stay tuned for the comparison with the Tea Party.

Feel free to copy the video link and pass around to all your friends,neighbors,and family. Then vote against Barack Obama in 2012.

http://www.exposeobama.com/2011/10/28/video-occupy-wall-street-vs-the-tea-party-you-be-the-judge/ ::thinking::

OWS EXPOSED!

Great Video. The differences are so stark even a President should tell the difference.....Unless your agenda is one of division.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero

OWS EXPOSED!

Great Video. The differences are so stark even a President should tell the difference.....Unless your agenda is one of division.

I can't hardly tell the appart. Bullshyter.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
It's Growing!

TEA Party to Sue Atlanta Over Giving Occupy Protesters Special Treatment

Filed under Politics

"Local Tea Party organizers are threatening to sue the city of Atlanta, saying Mayor Kasim Reed has given special treatment to Occupy Atlanta protesters.

Atlanta Tea Party co-founder Julianne Thompson told Channel 2 Action News that the group, which supports limited taxes and reduced government deficits, has made a request in writing after being denied permission to hold an event downtown because city officials said there was too much red tape and cost involved.

“I think it’s very sad that in the city of Atlanta, we seem to have a mayor who picks and chooses who receives special rights regarding free speech — based on his political ideology,” Thompson told Channel 2.

Debbie Dooley, national coordinator of the Tea Party Patriots, told the AJC that the group had inquired about renting Woodruff Park or Centennial Olympic park but had decided against it due to fees, red tape and restrictions.

If Tea Party members had used civil disobedience, “we would have been removed and arrested,” Dooley said."

Post Continues on www.ajc.com

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
It's Growing!

TEA Party to Sue Atlanta Over Giving Occupy Protesters Special Treatment

Filed under Politics

"Local Tea Party organizers are threatening to sue the city of Atlanta, saying Mayor Kasim Reed has given special treatment to Occupy Atlanta protesters.

Atlanta Tea Party co-founder Julianne Thompson told Channel 2 Action News that the group, which supports limited taxes and reduced government deficits, has made a request in writing after being denied permission to hold an event downtown because city officials said there was too much red tape and cost involved.

“I think it’s very sad that in the city of Atlanta, we seem to have a mayor who picks and chooses who receives special rights regarding free speech — based on his political ideology,” Thompson told Channel 2.

Debbie Dooley, national coordinator of the Tea Party Patriots, told the AJC that the group had inquired about renting Woodruff Park or Centennial Olympic park but had decided against it due to fees, red tape and restrictions.

If Tea Party members had used civil disobedience, “we would have been removed and arrested,” Dooley said."

Post Continues on www.ajc.com

Tea Party needs to keep petitioning cities. If the news keeps getting worse and liberals are called on their biases, the soros money will dry up....and the protestors will go back to thier moms basement.

charlesoakwood

Absolutely, this is another form of sanctuary city that the fed endorses and
liberal big cities (is there a conservative big city?) support.  They ought
to cut the request and go for the suit.  No, wait! Going straight to court would
be a tactic of the extortionists. Yeah, good for them giving the cities an opportunity
to do the right thing.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero

to cut the request and go for the suit.  No, wait! Going straight to court would
be a tactic of the extortionists. Yeah, good for them giving the cities an opportunity
to do the right thing.

But make sure they know you're preparing a legal case just to keep the heat on.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero

to do the right thing.

Preparation is the key.....Give the cities the opportunity to make it right, but I'm betting we will need at least one lawsuit filed to show inequality will be challenged.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero

to do the right thing.

Preparation is the key.....Give the cities the opportunity to make it right, but I'm betting we will need at least one lawsuit filed to show inequality will be challenged.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/11/28/richmond-tea-party-claims-to-be-treated-unfairly-by-occupy-friendly-mayor/

http://biggovernment.com/cowens/2011/11/28/richmond-city-audits-local-tea-party-after-standoff-with-mayor/

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011/11/outrage-after-demanding-refund-from-city-for-plaza-protests-richmond-tea-party-gets-letter-youre-being-audited/

Two weeks after the Richmond Tea Party delivered an invoice to Richmond Mayor Dwight Jones for costs incurred for previous rallies, we received a letter from the City of Richmond formally stating that the city is auditing our Tea Party. Coincidence? This audit is an obvious attempt to intimidate and harass us for standing up against the unfair treatment and discrimination against our Tea Party.

First some back story: as reported on the front page of the Richmond Times Dispatch, the Richmond Tea Party delivered an invoice for charges incurred in our previous three Tax Day rallies at Kanawha Plaza because Mayor Jones chose to allow Occupy Richmond protesters to convene in the same park for two weeks.

The Mayor not only allowed the Occupiers to break the law, but he visited them in the city-owned park. “Jones said that as a ‘child of civil rights’ and protests, he had allowed the group to remain in the park but understands his mayoral responsibility to uphold laws of the city,” reported the Richmond Times Dispatch.

Apparently his mayoral duties included preferential treatment for a group he sympathizes with ideologically at the expense of the taxpayers.

The blog Virginia Right reported that the city provided services such as portable toilets, trash pickup, etc. The incomplete invoices obtained from the city totaled $7,000. This was only a portion of the actual costs to taxpayers because the costs of police, helicopter and incarcerations were not included. Also not accounted for was the 24-hour police protection of the Mayor’s home after the Occupiers moved their camp next door to the Mayor’s house. The Richmond Tea Party, conversely, paid for all services for our rallies, including the police, portable toilets, park fees and permits, amounting to approximately $8,500.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
Well, since the city likes being told to FO by the OWS trash and since the mayor likes civil rights demonstrations, then the local Tea Party org is fully justified in calling a press conference where they announce their civil disobedience of city hall, declare their rule tyrannical, unconstitutional and un-American, light effigies of the mayor on fire and tell city hall to FOAD!!!

::doublebird::

::whoohoo::