Author Topic: Gay and lesbian service members sue government  (Read 2434 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Gay and lesbian service members sue government
« on: October 27, 2011, 01:39:54 PM »
Oct 27 11:06 AM US/Eastern

"BOSTON (AP) – A group of married gay current and former military personnel sued the federal government on Thursday, seeking equal recognition, benefits and the same support as married heterosexual couples who serve in the military.

The lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Boston says the government’s Defense of Marriage Act violates their constitutional rights and asks the military to recognize their legal marriages.

“This case is about one thing, plain and simple,” said Aubrey Sarvis, executive director of the Servicemembers Legal Defense Network, which filed the suit. “It’s about justice for gay and lesbian service members and their families in our armed forces rendering the same military service, making the same sacrifices, and taking the same risks to keep our nation secure at home and abroad.”

The lawsuit names as defendants Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric K. Shinseki.

Under current law, the Pentagon is required to ignore same-sex marriages."
::saywhat::

COMPLETE ARTICLE:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9QKN70O0&show_article=1

.....and the Caissons Keep Rolling Along! ::rimshot::

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Gay and lesbian service members sue government
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 02:07:45 PM »
I hate the word "gay". It used to mean lighthearted and happy - as in the Flintstones theme song, from when I was a kid. Now it just means nasty faggot. Perversion of behavior; perversion of language.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 02:21:14 PM »
I hate the word "gay". It used to mean lighthearted and happy - as in the Flintstones theme song, from when I was a kid. Now it just means nasty faggot. Perversion of behavior; perversion of language.

Tell me about it, I am a lover of the Classic Movies. "The Gay Divorce!" That was a Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers Movie. With all the Lawsuits flying about we should maybe start a new one, Homo's need to give the Gay vernacular back. ::danceban:: 

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 02:32:52 PM »
A landmark shop in Myrtle Beach, SC is called The Gay Dolphin.  That shows you its age, because it was completely unironic in the 50s and 60s.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Janny

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 02:51:22 PM »
“This case is about one thing, plain and simple,” said Aubrey Sarvis, executive director of the Servicemembers Legal Defense Network, which filed the suit. “It’s about justice for gay and lesbian service members and their families in our armed forces rendering the same military service, making the same sacrifices, and taking the same risks to keep our nation secure at home and abroad.”

Methinks this idiot doesn't know the definition of the word "justice." This is about nothing more than forcing the military to defy federal law and cramming their "lifestyles" down people's throats.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 04:42:56 PM »

Methinks this idiot doesn't know the definition of the word "justice." This is about nothing more than forcing the military to defy federal law and cramming their "lifestyles" down people's throats.

G R O S S..... ::puke::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 06:11:23 PM »
Many pointed at this as inevitably coming on the heels of the repeal of DADT; here it is, right on schedule.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Janny

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 08:54:17 PM »
Many pointed at this as inevitably coming on the heels of the repeal of DADT; here it is, right on schedule.

They homo-activists admitted that this was a goal of the repeal, and if I pointed it out on other forums, I was basically told I was crazy and/or stupid.  ::gaah::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 09:20:36 PM »

They homo-activists admitted that this was a goal of the repeal, and if I pointed it out on other forums, I was basically told I was crazy and/or stupid.  ::gaah::

Natural selection gone awry. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 09:28:21 PM »

Then, you weren't at the right place(s) and now you are.  You're neither crazy nor stupid.  Furthermore, the polygamists are at the ready to build on the DADT repeal, the legality of homo "marriage" in a couple states and now forcing the military to recognize their "rights".

This is the incrementalism of the left.  We conservatives point it out as "the slippery slope" and we're mocked and pilloried.

f**k 'em if they don't see the truth, Janny.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Castaway

• Likes the place
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 10:30:59 PM »
Wrong on so many levels.  The National Guard was set up to be what has now become Homeland Security due to the RIF during the Clinton years.  If this person was true PT military guarding her state she would be working and her employer would be taking care of the insurance with her premiums.

#2 she is going to find out that the government provided insurance is not what she might think.  As a tier two disabled vet it takes me weeks, sometimes months to get an appointment for something as simple as the flu.  Walking in gets you a trip to the ER because they are under staffed.  The military hospitals normally only see active duty people. 

Tri-Care supplemental insurance is priced by age and has a six month wait on pre-existing conditions.  Then you have to find a doc willing to take it! 

We haven't even scratched the surface of DADT which was nothing more than an attempt to buy votes.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 03:02:30 AM »

We haven't even scratched the surface of DADT which was nothing more than an attempt to buy votes.

How much will medical care for HIV Positive soldiers cost the taxpayers ? Oh ... and will that qualify them for a "Purple Heart" or a "Purple Penis" ?

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 07:15:11 AM »
Yeah, gosh...who could have foreseen this?

::gaah::

And it's only gonna get worse!

If this crap keeps up pretty soon the military will be just a queers-only preserve...about all they'll be ready to fight for is pantyhose and lip gloss...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Janny

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 11:20:21 AM »

Then, you weren't at the right place(s) and now you are.  You're neither crazy nor stupid.  Furthermore, the polygamists are at the ready to build on the DADT repeal, the legality of homo "marriage" in a couple states and now forcing the military to recognize their "rights".

This is the incrementalism of the left.  We conservatives point it out as "the slippery slope" and we're mocked and pilloried.

f**k 'em if they don't see the truth, Janny.

Oh, I know. This place rocks!  ::thumbsup::

I just don't want to see them acting surprised over any of this. We warned them, and they ignored the warnings, because they were in denial of reality. Then again, maybe the ones who denied it would happen are okay with all of it??  ::thinking::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 12:28:56 PM »
maybe the ones who denied it would happen are okay with all of it??  ::thinking::

ding ding ding

we have a winner
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."