Author Topic: Why Are We Still In Germany? By MARK STEYN  (Read 3932 times)

hemm

Why Are We Still In Germany? By MARK STEYN
« on: March 05, 2011, 06:59:56 PM »
The link I have posted below has a pop up. Don't know what it is, I just know it's there b/c that's how I have my machine set up.

worth the read. so read it.

having been stationed in Germany once upon a time or two, this really fires me up.

Steyn. Spot Fricking On.

LINK here WITH some kinda POP-UP

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Why Are We Still In Germany? By MARK STEYN
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 07:18:55 PM »
There are so many of these "lone wolves" and "isolated extremists" you may occasionally wonder whether they've all gotten together and joined Local 473 of the Amalgamated Union of Lone Wolves and Isolated Extremists, but don't worry about it: As any Homeland Security official can tell you, "Allahu akbar" is Arabic for "Nothing to see here."

Good find, hemm!  I was just coming here to post just this.

Why are we still anywhere, really?  Korea?  THE BALKANS??

P.S. Firefox took care of the popup, heheh.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

Re: Why Are We Still In Germany? By MARK STEYN
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 08:34:57 PM »
The strange shrunken spectator who serves as President of the United States, offering what he called "a few words about the tragic event that took place,"

The passivity of these remarks is very telling.

• ...Bismarck's second best-known maxim on the region is that the Balkans start in the slums of Vienna.
  • ...Today, the Muslim world starts in the suburbs of Frankfurt.
    • ...[Arid Uka, the murderer] is, according to multicultural theory, as German as Fritz and Helmut and Hans. Except he's not. Not when it counts.
      • ...Okay, why is a Muslim who wants to kill Americans holding down a job at a European airport?

In the U.S., the baby boomers did not have enough children to maintain their mid-20th century social programs.

Whoa

Now he turns the topic, IT'S THE BOOMERS FAULT.  There seems to be a new mantra in the air, IT'S THE BOOMERS FAULT.
They are going to start blaming everything from Harry Truman through Wild Bill Clinton on boomers. 

Breaking news Mark, NO! No, we did not vote for Jack Kennedy,
we did not vote for the Great Society. 
The oldest of us were still in high school. 
So take that mantra and put it back in the closet
or we will take and stuff it up your exhaust pipe.

Back to topic:

The best we can do with foreign affairs is to mark time. If any of the PTBs do anything of world influence it will be bad or wrong.
Now, with Peter the Great Jr. knocking on Germany's door it would be better to wait for a more mature administration before entering a decision making process.

And also get those rockets positioned in Poland.