Author Topic: Fire Boehner  (Read 1165 times)

charlesoakwood

Fire Boehner
« on: October 27, 2011, 09:35:33 PM »

Posted by The Right Scoop on Oct 27

Mark Levin calls out Speaker Boehner for suggesting that he won’t rule out a Balanced Budget Amendment that does not cap spending as a percentage of GDP and won’t require a two thirds majority to raise taxes. In other words, this kind of Balanced Budget Amendment would lead to higher taxes to balance the budget. Levin says that’s exactly what we don’t want.

Levin also asserts that people on Capitol Hill have told him that Speaker Boehner made it his task to take the Tea Party Conservatives under his wing and poison them with the typical RINO establishment mentality. He goes on to suggest that we need new leadership because this leadership is sabotaging the conservative agenda:

Mark Levin: John Boehner is Republican Mush

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Fire Boehner
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 11:45:30 PM »
This is where I sometimes get a bit frustrated with Rush. I get why he doesn't like to do endorsements (or anti-endorsements), but I think we are at the point where we need to make a concerted effort to target the lameass leadership of this Party. It's not enough to talk around the issues and have everyone read between the lines. Boehner needs to be defeated. Cantor needs to be defeated. McConnell needs to be defeated. We can't even begin to take the fight to the Left because we keep getting shivved in the back by "our" party.

A caller to Levin this week used an example I have often thought of before too. In Braveheart you had William Wallace rising up to defend his nation, only to see the Scottish nobles stymie his efforts at every turn -- all while they tried to take advantage of his popularity by feigning solidarity with him. Wallace ended up knocking them off after they sold him down the river. We must do the electoral equivalent to Boehner et al.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KdjUNIcP8k
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:56:58 PM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 11:54:24 AM »

Before his last appearance with Rush he was unopposed as a candidate,
he now has a primary opponent.  That's what I read.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 12:11:08 PM »
"Wallace ended up knocking them off after they sold him down the river. We must do the electoral equivalent to Boehner et al."

Right on, G!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 04:46:34 PM »
This is where I sometimes get a bit frustrated with Rush. I get why he doesn't like to do endorsements (or anti-endorsements), but I think we are at the point where we need to make a concerted effort to target the lameass leadership of this Party. It's not enough to talk around the issues and have everyone read between the lines. Boehner needs to be defeated. Cantor needs to be defeated. McConnell needs to be defeated. We can't even begin to take the fight to the Left because we keep getting shivved in the back by "our" party.

A caller to Levin this week used an example I have often thought of before too. In Braveheart you had William Wallace rising up to defend his nation, only to see the Scottish nobles stymie his efforts at every turn -- all while they tried to take advantage of his popularity by feigning solidarity with him. Wallace ended up knocking them off after they sold him down the river. We must do the electoral equivalent to Boehner et al.

Yeah, Rush won't name names but states we know who they are. It's time to name names, Rush.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 05:51:13 PM »

Yeah, Rush won't name names but states we know who they are. It's time to name names, Rush.

Anybody else find it odd he slams the RINOs but refuses to name names? I guess he likes to curry favor for when they actually do something conservative, like talk big before they cave in.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 06:42:51 PM »
http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/11/the_second_most_important_election_this_season.html

Huelskamp's sobering confirmation of conservatives' worst fears throws into perspective how much we need new, braver Republican leadership.  Even under the most ideal circumstances, Republicans will enter 2013 with control of the House, a Senate majority with seats numbering in the low to mid-50s and the presidency.  Democrats will still have the power and the will to filibuster every attempt at a major reduction in the size, scope, and spending of government.  Unless the Republican leadership is willing to stand firm enough to force the Democrats to shut down the government, we are bound to repeat the failures of 2011 over and over again.

It will be very difficult to replace the current leadership.  Representative Jason Chaffetz (R-UT), another solid conservative, while speaking at a recent town hall meeting with constituents, estimated that just 45 Republican House members would take a conservative stand even in the face of intense political pressure.  We must assume that far fewer still are likely to oppose the reelection of the House leadership.  Consistent constituent pressure is needed just to introduce the idea of leadership-change into the Republican caucus.

Though the potential difficulty in electing new leaders is great, it is still more difficult to envision the current leadership living up to the challenges of our time.  Europe's near-daily bouts with collapse are ominous reminders of how short our time may be.  We have none to waste.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 07:32:26 PM »

He sounds like a glass-half-full sort of fellow.
We're going nowhere with Boehner in leadership.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 09:06:34 AM »
Boehner, McConnell, et al will go down in history (to the extent that history is even recorded) as being the ones who headed the nominal opposition that stood by idly while confirmed Marxists slit America's throat.

At this point I would be fully in favor of a military coup to seize control of government from these enemy agents.

- Yours Truly

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 09:12:50 AM »
...At this point I would be fully in favor of a military coup to seize control of government from these enemy agents.

I've had the same thought. No turning back from such an event, but we're into lesser of evils territory already anyway.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 10:17:22 AM »
Such is our frustration...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2011, 12:10:01 PM »
Seriously. Every member of the military from Private to flag officer took an oath to defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. It's time.

- Yours Truly

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2011, 12:13:42 PM »

By training they will accept their superior's
interpretation of the constitution.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 12:15:11 PM »
Yeah I know. It's wishful thinking. That oath is pointless because "the Constitution means what we say it means".

- Yours Truly