Author Topic: What Obama Hath Unleashed Against Eric Cantor  (Read 640 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
What Obama Hath Unleashed Against Eric Cantor
« on: October 28, 2011, 10:54:52 AM »
It’s been about nine months now since Democrats, dripping with sanctimony, suggested conservative rhetoric was what caused a lunatic to shoot Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) and it was time to “change the tone.”

That this was actually a transparent attempt to silence conservatives is now all the more apparent as President Obama and his Democratic allies proceed with their plan to destroy House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.).

I wrote two weeks ago about about Obama’s anti-Cantor campaign. I said it probably wouldn’t stick. I was mistaken.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing the Republican leader. Cantor takes strong stands, and it’s everyone’s right to argue against them with due vigor.

But what’s going on is an effort to make Cantor the emblem of all the evil Democrats are sure is residing within the dark hearts of Republicans. They need symbol to run against, and it’s better politics to run against the Devil than a flawed Saint.

In a piece this running this morning, Politco describes Cantor’s effort to recover his identity.

More of the politics of personal destruction.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: What Obama Hath Unleashed Against Eric Cantor
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 11:44:11 AM »
SSDD new target...rinse/repeat...

You'll never get anywhere playing nice with all this trash...you have to expose the trash for being trash and ask We the People what we would like to do about this trash and then do it.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 11:47:02 AM »
SSDD new target...rinse/repeat...

You'll never get anywhere playing nice with all this trash...you have to expose the trash for being trash and ask We the People what we would like to do about this trash and then do it.

Cantor needs to push back. It's not like he doesn't have any friggin ammo.................
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 11:51:37 AM »

They don't expect Cantor to push back, it's not his style. 
He's more in the Boehner league.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 12:09:36 PM »

They don't expect Cantor to push back, it's not his style. 
He's more in the Boehner league.

Yup.

Rot at the core spreads outwards.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.