Author Topic: Democrats want to fine oil companies for not producing oil  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Democrats want to fine oil companies for not producing oil
« on: March 06, 2011, 12:12:58 AM »
I guess the hypocrisy shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. On the one hand, we have an administration denying offshore drilling permits in violation of a court order, and encouraging and enabling innumerable environmental and labor regulations; yet on the other hand, they cop an attitude when oil companies aren't producing enough. The top Democrat on the Natural Resources Committee is introducing a bill to fine oil companies for not producing oil and gas on Federal lands they've leased.

http://www.rigzone.com/news/article.asp?a_id=104712
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Democrats want to fine oil companies for not producing oil
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 12:14:10 AM »
 ::gaah::

::overkill::
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 12:26:27 AM »
Let's see....What a racket obama has goin. Cut their write offs to increase revenue and charge more fees to increase revenues....While issuing no permits.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 12:38:34 AM »
Oh yes, just in case you were wondering, the administration is appealing the order to issue deepwater permits within 30 days. This is the most lawless administration in my life time, not that I've been around that long. They just ignore court orders as a matter of policy, it seems to be the rule rather than the exception.

Typical Obama administration quote:

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar had hinted the appeal was coming at a Senate hearing Wednesday.

“The judge in this particular case in my view is wrong," Salazar said. “And we will argue the case because I don’t believe that the court has the jurisdiction to basically tell the Department of Interior what my administrative responsibilities are.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0311/50703.html

- Yours Truly

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 12:44:01 AM »
“The judge in this particular case in my view is wrong," Salazar said. “And we will argue the case because I don’t believe that the court has the jurisdiction to basically tell the Department of Interior what my administrative responsibilities are.”

He's essentially saying that he IS above the law.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 12:46:25 AM »

Markey is on that list of communists.  

Congressional Progressive Caucus
http://itsaboutliberty.com/index.php/topic,335.msg2610.html#msg2610

« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 12:50:00 AM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 06:11:03 AM »
This "Bill" will go nowhere and isn't really designed to . It's merely window dressing , a red herring if you will , to throw the American people off the stinking scent of their real agenda which is to drive fuel prices through the roof .

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2011, 11:56:42 AM »
I told you this is what should be done. Set up guillotine on the steps and....::guillotine::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2011, 01:33:22 PM »
This Regime only thrives by being above the law, it would otherwise collapse overnight!

Typical DemonRat ploy though, set up your bogeyman with a no-win scenario and make it sound like you give a damn about the poor masses forking over more ever-devaluing dollars for a few drops of gas!

They are as predictable as they are dishonest and loathsome!

Damn proglodytes!   ::mooning::
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:22:35 AM by Libertas »
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 10:08:53 AM »
Rep. Ed Markey, a Democrat from Massachusetts, said charging fees on such nonproducing leases will "encourage energy companies to produce more oil and gas and increase the revenue collected by the federal government.

Little know factoid.  Most Geology majors are geology majors because they couldn't handle of the rigors of Political Science.  

Cetainly Ed Markey knows more about finding and extracting oil than actual geologists, right?

Right?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 08:40:37 AM by MNHawk »

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 10:17:06 AM »

This kind of crap makes my blood boil. It makes me want to join 10,000,000 people in Washington DC to simply remove the offenders physically, one at a time. When it comes right down to it, this "Salazar" sonofab*tch has no "administrative responsibilities" that We the People do not cede to him. If we really wanted him or anyone else gone, we could do it.

How much tyranny will the American people tolerate?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 11:15:25 AM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 10:59:38 AM »
If Salazar feels the judge is wrong in his factual determinations, he is wasting his time. Once the lower court finds the specific facts, they are accepted for appeal unless "clearly erroneous." Not likely to happen. Salazar may properly question the courts application of the law to the facts on his appeal.
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 12:01:58 PM »

And you know, maybe it's just a small thing and I'm reading too much into it, but I took note of his use of the possessive "my". It might be because that seems to be a pattern with this lot, they act as if it's all theirs to do with as they please. I just never would have referred to it as "my responsibilities", I would have referred to it as "the Department's responsibilities" or "the Department's mission", etc. There's supposed to be a distinction between office holders and the office itself. The former is just a temporary employee of the people.

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 12:04:57 PM »
Oh yes, just in case you were wondering, the administration is appealing the order to issue deepwater permits within 30 days. This is the most lawless administration in my life time, not that I've been around that long. They just ignore court orders as a matter of policy, it seems to be the rule rather than the exception.

One would have to go back to FDR to find an equal. Make it up as you go along and to hell with the People or the Law!

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 09:47:36 PM »
Cetainly Ed Markey knows more about finding and extracting oil than actual geologists, right?

Right?

You obviously missed the memo. Once one is elected into office, one is all knowing and all seeing. Don't ask again. ::hysterical::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson