Author Topic: Jesus' Name Ruled 'Unconstitutional'  (Read 1190 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Jesus' Name Ruled 'Unconstitutional'
« on: October 29, 2011, 09:22:00 AM »
Filed under Constitution, Government, Religion

"A board of county commissioners in North Carolina is asking the Supreme Court for help: Its members don’t believe they should have to forbid volunteers from mentioning the name of Jesus in prayers offered before their meetings.

But the American Civil Liberties Union and Americans United for Separation of Church and State are standing by their victory in a U.S. circuit court decision that states even “a solitary reference to Jesus Christ” in invocations before the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners’ meetings could do “violence to the pluralistic and inclusive values that are a defining feature of American public life.”

Furthermore, wrote Judge James Harvie Wilkinson III in the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals majority opinion, legislative invocations offered in Jesus’ name are inherently “sectarian” and thus should be censored lest they make some attendees feel “uncomfortable, unwelcome and unwilling to participate in … public affairs.”

Post Continues on www.wnd.com

This ties it! If these People in North Carolina, or anywhere else in this Country allow something like this to happen, then they deserve it. May they all rot in Hell!

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Jesus' Name Ruled 'Unconstitutional'
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 10:39:23 AM »
lest they make some attendees feel “uncomfortable, unwelcome and unwilling to participate in … public affairs

People need to show up to the county board meetings and when they get a chance to speak just offer up a prayer.

Normally, I'm not one to go wearing my religion on my sleeve.  I don't feel the need to tell everyone I meet I'm a Christian but I am getting sick of this.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 02:09:21 PM »
lest they make some attendees feel “uncomfortable, unwelcome and unwilling to participate in … public affairs

People need to show up to the county board meetings and when they get a chance to speak just offer up a prayer.

Normally, I'm not one to go wearing my religion on my sleeve.  I don't feel the need to tell everyone I meet I'm a Christian but I am getting sick of this.

Me niether but, I would be glad to come along and punch anyone in the nose who tries to stop you! ::angry::

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 08:59:57 PM »

Me niether but, I would be glad to come along and punch anyone in the nose who tries to stop you! ::angry::

::curtsy4::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 12:30:10 PM »
I pray "In Jesus Name".. or "In Your Son's Name".. because that is the only way I have authority to speak to/before God.

The removal of that ability to pray in that manner rips at the foundation of Christian beliefs.  Might as well be praying to a golden calf at that point.

The reason they are throwing such a fit is because that want to exclude Christians.  If we can water down and make everything a one-size-fits-all religion.. then we've won.  We've undermined the very foundation of Christianity.

People don't realize that it's an us vs them war.  A literal war of God vs Lucifer.  Pick your side.

Lucifer only has to take 1% of the truth and twisted it.  Leave the people with 99% truth and guess what... they're off and are following a cult/lie/deception.

All he has to do is take out Jesus, or make people question his divinity and just call him a nice guy that taught people good things.  There are many many ways where you can poison Christianity.  One of them is by people thinking they can come before God without the authority/power of Jesus Christ.  You've just created another cult.

Tada... another lost Soul.  Yeah.. the fella means well.. but by compromising.. he just choose the side against God.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 06:49:07 AM »
Once again the religion-hating morons (especially those who loath Christianity) see "of" and interpret it as "from"!

I'm all for disabusing people of foolish notions, and emphasizing it as needed.

This situation calls for bold civil disobedience.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.