Author Topic: ??  (Read 4096 times)

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
Re: ??
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 03:58:25 PM »

The most scandalous thing about the debates is Newt.
Newt is a whore using the debates to increase his value.

I'm not saying you said this but your comment makes me ask this....

What makes Ron Paul any more/less a whore than Newt?  They have the same chance of becoming President.  They also have their own reasons for wanting to take part in the process.  ...

First things:  

The most scandalous thing about the debates is gNewt.
gNewt is a whore using the debates to increase his value.

He and all the politicos know he is unelectable.  He resigned congress
because of a book deal not unlike Speaker Jim Wright's.  He divorced
his dying first wife, then a second wife and now he's toting 'round a
third blowing his budget.  The same people who would not vote for
McStinky will certainly not vote for him, more so.

This is the unedited quote.  If one edits a quote it should, in some way, be identified. ::oldman::

Newt is a whore using the debates to increase his value. ...

I'm not saying you said this but your comment makes me ask this. ...

What makes Ron Paul any more/less a whore than Newt?  They have the same chance of becoming President.  They also have their own reasons for wanting to take part in the process.  

Precisely, they do have different reasons, however; gNewt, is an unelectable whore as illustrated in the original post.  No Republican candidate could
overcome his baggage. Ron Paul is unelectable, in my opinion, however; he is not there on a self promotional tour, he is running for president because he sincerely wants to be president. Ron Paul is not a whore, therefore his appearance is not scandalous.

Sorry for any confusion.  I thought I had made reference to saying I was not putting words in your mouth... but wanted to speek additionally on a point.
I was agreeing with you and tying it in to Ron Paul as an extension of the same thought.
From now on I'll spam full quotes.

Offline Janny

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 03:59:14 PM »

Newt is a whore using the debates to increase his value.

I'm not saying you said this but your comment makes me ask this....

What makes Ron Paul any more/less a whore than Newt?  They have the same chance of becoming President.  They also have their own reasons for wanting to take part in the process.  ...

First things:  

The most scandalous thing about the debates is gNewt.
gNewt is a whore using the debates to increase his value.

He and all the politicos know he is unelectable.  He resigned congress
because of a book deal not unlike Speaker Jim Wright's.  He divorced
his dying first wife, then a second wife and now he's toting 'round a
third blowing his budget.  The same people who would not vote for
McStinky will certainly not vote for him, more so.

This is the unedited quote.  If one edits a quote it should, in some way, be identified. ::oldman::

Newt is a whore using the debates to increase his value. ...

I'm not saying you said this but your comment makes me ask this. ...

What makes Ron Paul any more/less a whore than Newt?  They have the same chance of becoming President.  They also have their own reasons for wanting to take part in the process.  

Precisely, they do have different reasons, however; gNewt, is an unelectable whore as illustrated in the original post.  No Republican candidate could
overcome his baggage. Ron Paul is unelectable, in my opinion, however; he is not there on a self promotional tour, he is running for president because he sincerely wants to be president. Ron Paul is not a whore, therefore his appearance is not scandalous.

You may believe that about Ron Paul, but I don't. I think he is nothing more than an attention whore, who strings his supporters along to pad his campaign coffers. As far as Newt's baggage, I tend to agree, but this is a very different political climate, these days. I don't think that type of baggage is as condemning as it was ten or even five years ago.

Offline Janny

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2011, 04:00:33 PM »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2011, 04:00:42 PM »
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Janny

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2011, 04:02:52 PM »

charlesoakwood

« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2011, 04:15:16 PM »

Sample Tax Return; Perry's plan:

http://www.rickperry.org/content/uploads/2011/10/sample-tax-return.pdf

Heck, I like it.

Well, then you must be in favor of keeping the current system!  ;D

I'm confused, those four of five lines of deductions don't resemble the multiple pages of multiple forms now necessary.  And a deduction for capital gains and dividends, never seen a tax form with that on it.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2011, 06:06:27 PM »
I disagree with those questioning Ron Paul's motives. Nothing in his career suggests he is doing anything other than attempting to put the constitution as he interprets it front and center, and using Presidential campaigns as his evangelism tent.

Regardless of what we think of his style, the particulars of his politics, or the idiocy of his disciples, few have done more in the last several years to focus the national conversation on what are and are not constitutional functions of this government.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »
I disagree with those questioning Ron Paul's motives. Nothing in his career suggests he is doing anything other than attempting to put the constitution as he interprets it front and center, and using Presidential campaigns as his evangelism tent.

Regardless of what we think of his style, the particulars of his politics, or the idiocy of his disciples, few have done more in the last several years to focus the national conversation on what are and are not constitutional functions of this government.

I agree.  I think Ron Paul -and- Newt are genuine, but with nope hope of winning they are using the platform to speak their ideas.

Offline Janny

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2011, 06:25:18 PM »

Heck, I like it.

Well, then you must be in favor of keeping the current system!  ;D

I'm confused, those four of five lines of deductions don't resemble the multiple pages of multiple forms now necessary.  And a deduction for capital gains and dividends, never seen a tax form with that on it.

Recently, I was told when I said I was in favor of keeping the IRS in place, with a much simpler tax code, that I was "in favor of keeping the current system."

I was making a point. This keeps the IRS in place, presumably with a much simpler tax code which is exactly what I said I was in favor of.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2011, 06:28:38 PM »

Heck, I like it.

Well, then you must be in favor of keeping the current system!  ;D

I'm confused, those four of five lines of deductions don't resemble the multiple pages of multiple forms now necessary.  And a deduction for capital gains and dividends, never seen a tax form with that on it.

Recently, I was told when I said I was in favor of keeping the IRS in place, with a much simpler tax code, that I was "in favor of keeping the current system."

I was making a point. This keeps the IRS in place, presumably with a much simpler tax code which is exactly what I said I was in favor of.

But with their teeth pulled and their power stunted.I have no problem with the IRS being there but I do have a problem with their number and power.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2011, 06:42:32 PM »

Heck, I like it.

Well, then you must be in favor of keeping the current system!  ;D

Under Perry's one page plan to file your taxes, the IRS has been rendered useless. The initials may be the same, but the power is gone. There is the incremental change you argued weighed against a one page form.

I'm waiting for you to take his plan to task, as you did Cain's. I stated I like the plan because on the surface, it is simplistic, same reason I like Cains, but if it became dependant on withholdings from pay stubs, quarterly filings, etc, then the beast will regain its power and my "liking" would vanish.

Now, if either is one page and you only mail in your proof of deduction, I would like it. I would support it. I do not support anything that keeps the IRS with any power.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2011, 06:56:29 PM »
... if it became dependant on withholdings from pay stubs, quarterly filings, etc, then the beast will regain its power and my "liking" would vanish.

Now, if either is one page and you only mail in your proof of deduction, I would like it. I would support it. I do not support anything that keeps the IRS with any power.

Any agency not disbursed, defunded and defanged will regain regulatory power under another Administration, so I want them all "dead"; beheaded, dismembered, drawn and quartered, burned, buried and the ground salted.  And afterward, the next person, who merely whiffs a suggestion of resurrection, promptly shot.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2011, 07:09:58 PM »
... if it became dependant on withholdings from pay stubs, quarterly filings, etc, then the beast will regain its power and my "liking" would vanish.

Any agency not disbursed, defunded and defanged will regain regulatory power under another Administration, so I want them all "dead"; beheaded, dismembered, drawn and quartered, burned, buried and the ground salted.  And afterward, the next person, who merely whiffs a suggestion of resurrection, promptly shot.

Priceless.But how do you really feel?
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2011, 07:34:59 PM »

Pan, I don't know if this is possible, but any new plan needs to come with the guarantee once established, it can never be raised, only lowered. I'd also make part of my plan if  deductions are greater than your income, tough crap, no refund.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2011, 07:38:21 PM »

I tend to agree.

To paraphrase what I said on another thread...define income, define exemption, define, define....

It is in writing the definitions that TPTB slip in exceptions and special cases....this year we should have empowerment zones and hey those guys over there need relief so they get something too!! and so it goes....

then you need an agency to enforce the collection because "everyone" will try to be an exception   ::hysterical::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2011, 08:39:45 PM »

Johnny-boy, that is one of the most inane, stupidest, most aggravating responses to a comment.  It's as though ya can't think of anything better to say.  I'm already telling you "how I really feel", and you know it, so cut the crap.

Just sayin'.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2011, 08:44:48 PM »

Politico is either going for the kill a little early or Machiavelli is alive and well. 

Link
During Herman Cain’s tenure as the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, at least two female employees complained to colleagues and senior association officials about inappropriate behavior by Cain, ultimately leaving their jobs at the trade group, multiple sources confirm to POLITICO.

Tryin' to lynch him they are.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »

Politico is either going for the kill a little early or Machiavelli is alive and well. 

Link
During Herman Cain’s tenure as the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, at least two female employees complained to colleagues and senior association officials about inappropriate behavior by Cain, ultimately leaving their jobs at the trade group, multiple sources confirm to POLITICO.

Tryin' to lynch him they are.

Yep, they are.

Can't pull out the race-card?  Next up is the sexual oppression/harassment charge.

Men are all beastly rapists, anyway.

/

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2011, 09:31:58 PM »
It's a repeat of the Clarence Thomas confirmation and the pubic hair on the Coke can. They'll find their Anita Hill soon enough, especially if he wins the nomination.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2011, 09:36:01 PM »

Johnny-boy, that is one of the most inane, stupidest, most aggravating responses to a comment.  It's as though ya can't think of anything better to say.  I'm already telling you "how I really feel", and you know it, so cut the crap.

Just sayin'.

Just checkin.
 Filippo Mazzie