Author Topic: ??  (Read 4103 times)

Offline Janny

Re: ??
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2011, 09:37:04 PM »

Under Perry's one page plan to file your taxes, the IRS has been rendered useless. The initials may be the same, but the power is gone. There is the incremental change you argued weighed against a one page form.

I'm waiting for you to take his plan to task, as you did Cain's. I stated I like the plan because on the surface, it is simplistic, same reason I like Cains, but if it became dependant on withholdings from pay stubs, quarterly filings, etc, then the beast will regain its power and my "liking" would vanish.

Now, if either is one page and you only mail in your proof of deduction, I would like it. I would support it. I do not support anything that keeps the IRS with any power.

Once again, you completely mischaracterize what I have said previously. I did not "argue for incremental change." That is a lie. I said it would be difficult to get drastic changes through congress.

And your condescending crap about me taking this plan to task, as I did Cain's is just that...condescending crap.

Offline Janny

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2011, 09:43:46 PM »
... if it became dependant on withholdings from pay stubs, quarterly filings, etc, then the beast will regain its power and my "liking" would vanish.

Now, if either is one page and you only mail in your proof of deduction, I would like it. I would support it. I do not support anything that keeps the IRS with any power.

Any agency not disbursed, defunded and defanged will regain regulatory power under another Administration, so I want them all "dead"; beheaded, dismembered, drawn and quartered, burned, buried and the ground salted.  And afterward, the next person, who merely whiffs a suggestion of resurrection, promptly shot.

The agency appointed by the federal government to collect taxes is going to have power.  If you think we are going to get THIS CONGRESS or ANY OTHER CONGRESS to move us away from a system of witholding and quarterly tax payments in one fell swoop, then you're dreaming. I want it as much as you and the rest of us do, but I'm trying to be realistic about it. There is going to be a federal agency to collect taxes. There is no way around that. We can only LIMIT the power it will have as much as possible. Greatly simplifying the tax code is a big step in the right direction. This Perry plan seems to qualify. Cain's plan is complex and, in my opinion, completely unworkable....because it would never get through congress, for several reasons.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2011, 09:52:40 PM »
... if it became dependant on withholdings from pay stubs, quarterly filings, etc, then the beast will regain its power and my "liking" would vanish.

Any agency not disbursed, defunded and defanged will regain regulatory power under another Administration, so I want them all "dead"; beheaded, dismembered, drawn and quartered, burned, buried and the ground salted.  And afterward, the next person, who merely whiffs a suggestion of resurrection, promptly shot.

The agency appointed by the federal government to collect taxes is going to have power.  If you think we are going to get THIS CONGRESS or ANY OTHER CONGRESS to move us away from a system of witholding and quarterly tax payments in one fell swoop, then you're dreaming. I want it as much as you and the rest of us do, but I'm trying to be realistic about it. There is going to be a federal agency to collect taxes. There is no way around that. We can only LIMIT the power it will have as much as possible. Greatly simplifying the tax code is a big step in the right direction. This Perry plan seems to qualify. Cain's plan is complex and, in my opinion, completely unworkable....because it would never get through congress, for several reasons.

LIMIT the power?  Until what time and what administration?

I'm not picking between the Cain/Perry tax plans in my response, Janny; I'm stating a fact, period.  Any agency left standing will regain the power it holds presently, or more.  And killing any of them is no guarantee it won't be resurrected.  Where is your argument with any of this as a generally stated principle?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2011, 10:35:42 PM »

Call it what you want there will always be an agency
to collect taxes.  This plan, who in the world would
elect to keep the old one, will cause the IRS to wither
on the vine.The Perry plan will attrit the IRS. 
If a candidate comes out and says I'm going to shut
down the IRS the Dhimocrats will trot out babies
mothers and every afflicted employee and call him killer.

Perhaps, if the IRS were taken out of the Treasury and
not given the Nepoleoniac policing and confiscation authority
you would then feel more comfortable. 

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2011, 10:51:20 PM »

Call it what you want there will always be an agency
to collect taxes.  This plan, who in the world would
elect to keep the old one, will cause the IRS to wither
on the vine.The Perry plan will attrit the IRS. 
If a candidate comes out and says I'm going to shut
down the IRS the Dhimocrats will trot out babies
mothers and every afflicted employee and call him killer.

Perhaps, if the IRS were taken out of the Treasury and
not given the Nepoleoniac policing and confiscation authority
you would then feel more comfortable. 

I don't know to whom you speak, but for me, I am not comfortable with your theory.  No governmental authority ought to be sticking its f**king nose into any individual's financial business unless there's proof of lawbreaking.

Push me in that direction, I'm likely to dig in my heels even further.

Not a threat; a promise.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2011, 10:58:40 PM »

Anarchist.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2011, 11:16:17 PM »
Whatevs.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2011, 11:57:48 PM »

Janny, I don't think anybody is calling you a liar.
It's difficult sometimes for one to express what
one thinks and be a diplomat at the same time.
We're not professional writers and what we intend
to convey when we write, the thought and emotion,
may be interpreted entirely different than intended.

We all want to make the best choice and we need
for each other in order to sort it out.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2011, 11:38:36 AM »

Under Perry's one page plan to file your taxes, the IRS has been rendered useless. The initials may be the same, but the power is gone. There is the incremental change you argued weighed against a one page form.

I'm waiting for you to take his plan to task, as you did Cain's. I stated I like the plan because on the surface, it is simplistic, same reason I like Cains, but if it became dependant on withholdings from pay stubs, quarterly filings, etc, then the beast will regain its power and my "liking" would vanish.

Once again, you completely mischaracterize what I have said previously. I did not "argue for incremental change." That is a lie. I said it would be difficult to get drastic changes through congress.

And your condescending crap about me taking this plan to task, as I did Cain's is just that...condescending crap.

OK....It would be difficult to get thru congress...so what?  Any change of this nature will be extremely difficult. So far, a difficulty you have with the Cain plan is your displeasure with the avenue he has taken to present it. Is that a fair assessment? I'm willing to allow it to play, since it is the issue Cain has real traction with the voter. Any other difficulty I may have with the ( any) plan will eventually be played out in the halls of congress, where my support will either strengthen or wane.  In the meantime, I'll throw my support to the simplicity of both the Cain and Perry plans.

I'm not attempting to be condenscending, sorry you took it as such.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.