Author Topic: "We Are Wall Street .... "  (Read 1994 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
"We Are Wall Street .... "
« on: October 30, 2011, 06:28:23 AM »

H/T savage
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: "We Are Wall Street .... "
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 07:13:37 AM »
Heh.

In a post-Galt world these little dweebs fail to see how much more miserable their lives could truly get!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 09:20:49 AM »
Given the irrationality and hostility of the leftist mobs, I get why something like this was done. I still don't really like it though. It has a certain self-congratulatory quality that I find obnoxious, the smug belief that pushing around digital representations of fictional wealth all day automatically and easily trumps the worth of what anyone else is doing with their lives.

Don't get me wrong, government is the principal bad actor in this mess, but "high finance" is not blameless in our transition to a Bullsh*t-based Economy.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 09:30:46 AM »
Given the irrationality and hostility of the leftist mobs, I get why something like this was done. I still don't really like it though. It has a certain self-congratulatory quality that I find obnoxious, the smug belief that pushing around digital representations of fictional wealth all day automatically and easily trumps the worth of what anyone else is doing with their lives.

Don't get me wrong, government is the principal bad actor in this mess, but "high finance" is not blameless in our transition to a Bullsh*t-based Economy.

Hmmm.  I didn't read it that way at all, especially the "trumps the worth" part. 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 11:03:26 AM »
It's the "I didn't hear America complaining...." part. Which is not to say that I don't largely agree, but I do detect a snotty tone.

This American was complaining and had been for a long time. Partly out of ignorance of our financial system. I sought answers to how and why the market behaved the way it does and got gobbledy-gook and BS for answers.

Partly out of wariness for people who I perceive as amoral and unprincipled sharks.

I do admire the can-do "we will prevail" spirit evinced in that note.  ;)

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 12:11:53 PM »
Yes, snotty, that's the word. I just interpreted a tone of "Wall Street is for the creme de la creme, so if you work anywhere else doing anything else, it's a testament to your mediocrity; if you kick us out of our nest then we'll just effortlessly come eat the dinner right off of your plate, because whatever it is you do would have to be a cakewalk for people of our brilliance". The author seems to look at the chicken-egg conundrum from simply a different angle. He/she thinks Wall Street financiers are somehow carrying the load for everyone else ("No more free rides on our backs", "Joe Mainstreet our food supply") when ultimately they deal exclusively in abstractions, abstractions that have no purpose if not for other sectors of the economy actually producing value-added goods.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 12:20:32 PM »
I remember seeing a cartoon of a sports equipment store with a sign above the weight-lifting equipment that said, "Shoplifters will be treated with the utmost respect".

Like I said, I admire the authors chutzpa, and if he can manage to eat off of my plate and retain both arms I salute him!

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 05:19:18 PM »

G, this self congratulatory statement is a statement in
response to the attacker, it's not directed to the rest of
the working citizens of the US.  I do believe the voracity
that they would eat these maggots lunch.

I also believe if they directed those thoughts toward
working America they may be put on a diet.  If it were
not for productive America they would have no paper to
fight over.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 05:37:16 PM »
You'd think some of these Wall Street guys are so oblivious to the perceived divide, they'd pose for photographs with sh*t-eating grins and  their jackets stuffed with dollar bills.

Not that I buy into the class division, mind you. But aesthetics do have meaning for some.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Castaway

• Likes the place
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 11:11:10 AM »
Dear Mr WallStreet,

I wash my own car, my work day starts at 0430 you light weight.   You are not the only American that employees other Americans.   Seems like I read your average salary was 85K?   If so living in NY must be tough. 

I get the jest of the letter.  I agree with some of the predictions.  I also feel like if left unfettered Americans would find a way to correct the market. 

Rent "The Company Men", it might be closer to real life for you than you realize. 

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 11:35:43 AM »
You have to know most of these folks, protesters and the financiers are godless creatures which is why corruption runs in such high concentrations ::facepalm::
Therefore changing the attitude of these people will be next to impossible. We all know how the Founders thought about the Republic and a religious people needed to go hand in hand so people would tend to correct themselves however, have flipped 180 into a dog eat dog world where sh*tting on others gets you bonus points.

Hard work should be rewarded and laziness equally scorned. I suppose we have little left to do but wait for the system to reset.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 12:05:06 PM »
End the Occupation Thursday, 03 November 2011 07:03 Daniel Greenfield    

"The big lie of Occupy Wall Street begins with its name, it isn't occupying Wall Street, it's occupying the resources of a city with a budget crisis on its hands.  

Wall Street has been locked down since after September 11 and the Zuccotti Park encampment and its associated barricades isn't doing much to impact the lives of the brokers and financial analysts the idiots in their best protest gear are braying about. The people who are being impacted are the small businesses adjacent to the protesters who are experiencing a return of the post 9/11 lockdown that wiped out so many downtown businesses.  

But the people who are suffering the most from the OWS brats are the 1 percent, not the top 1 percent, but the bottom 1 percent, the people who are the most dependent on city services that are being diverted directly or indirectly by OWS.                                                      

That means the kid in the projects who needs the police to be there instead of macing white guys from Portland who think that braiding their hair makes them just like Bob Marley. It also means patients who need medical services from city hospitals whose budgets are already being cut, and will be cut further because of the unexpected expenses for the city associated with having thousands of idiots decided that a park in the middle of the city is their ideal location for a campground."

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2011110314878/editorial/world-opinion-and-editorial/end-the-occupation.html?

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 12:24:17 PM »
End the Occupation Thursday, 03 November 2011 07:03 Daniel Greenfield    

"The big lie of Occupy Wall Street begins with its name, it isn't occupying Wall Street, it's occupying the resources of a city with a budget crisis on its hands.  

Wall Street has been locked down since after September 11 and the Zuccotti Park encampment and its associated barricades isn't doing much to impact the lives of the brokers and financial analysts the idiots in their best protest gear are braying about. The people who are being impacted are the small businesses adjacent to the protesters who are experiencing a return of the post 9/11 lockdown that wiped out so many downtown businesses.  

But the people who are suffering the most from the OWS brats are the 1 percent, not the top 1 percent, but the bottom 1 percent, the people who are the most dependent on city services that are being diverted directly or indirectly by OWS.                                                      

That means the kid in the projects who needs the police to be there instead of macing white guys from Portland who think that braiding their hair makes them just like Bob Marley. It also means patients who need medical services from city hospitals whose budgets are already being cut, and will be cut further because of the unexpected expenses for the city associated with having thousands of idiots decided that a park in the middle of the city is their ideal location for a campground."

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2011110314878/editorial/world-opinion-and-editorial/end-the-occupation.html?

Record numbers of overdoses being treated.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 12:38:10 PM »
Record numbers of overdoses being treated.

And STD's, and rape kits, and food poisoning, and.....