Author Topic: F/F Decry Cuts  (Read 608 times)

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
F/F Decry Cuts
« on: November 16, 2011, 02:38:25 PM »
The top executives of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac told U.S. lawmakers Wednesday that slashing employee and executive pay would make running the two mortgage-finance companies far more difficult at a time when the housing market remains weak.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/fannie-freddie-ceos-argue-against-pay-cuts-2011-11-16?siteid=rss&rss=1

Boo fracking hoo!  And I don't give a tinkers damn about who makes what, that is a red-herring argument the Left would like to see the Repub's capitulate on...the real argument is why these toxic waste dumps are allowed to exist in the first place!  If they were not around and every jackass piece of legislation from CRA forward were repealed only people who can afford a freaking home would be getting freaking loans!  That way the default rate and systemic risk in the system would be a tiny fraction what it is now!!!

IDIOTS!

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
Re: F/F Decry Cuts
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 02:53:37 PM »
And yet, they want to limit the salaries and bonuses of real producing CEO's. ::rockets::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 03:22:31 PM »
The top executives of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac told U.S. lawmakers Wednesday that slashing employee and executive pay would make running the two mortgage-finance companies far more difficult at a time when the housing market remains weak.

Sounds like an argument for slashing pay!   ::danceban::  ::cool::
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 06:01:07 PM »
If running them into the ground, then yes, they are correct.

Any slime can approve every loan that come across thier desk. I'd say minimum wage should cover it.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.