Author Topic: Bill Whittle: The End of the Beginning  (Read 3652 times)

Offline rickl

• Established Member
Bill Whittle: The End of the Beginning
« on: March 06, 2011, 10:28:26 AM »
The protests in Wisconsin are just the surface of a far, far larger phenomenon taking place beneath the surface. In this Firewall, Bill examines the three great waves of human civilization, and how what we are seeing in Madison is a war the Unions ultimately cannot win.

THE END OF THE BEGINNING
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Bill Whittle: The End of the Beginning
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 10:43:30 AM »
Bill Whittle has optimism bordering on faith that America's "new age" will emerge from its birthing pains with a constitution intact. I only have hope.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 12:17:12 PM »
Bill Whittle has optimism bordering on faith that America's "new age" will emerge from its birthing pains with a constitution intact. I only have hope.

I'm well past hope I believe.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 03:19:30 PM »
I like his presentations, but I agree with you guys...he's got more faith in people than I do.

Modern American's are too soft, lazy, spoiled and ignorant.  I just don't see the will to do the necessary things to keep this nation free let alone solvent.

I have a growing affinity toward a knowledgeable citizen of Rome who saw what was coming and was powerless to stop it no matter how loud he screamed...

If the first Dark Age was so bad, can the second one not be magnitudes worse?!

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 03:23:43 PM »
I like his presentations, but I agree with you guys...he's got more faith in people than I do.

Modern American's are too soft, lazy, spoiled and ignorant.  I just don't see the will to do the necessary things to keep this nation free let alone solvent.

I have a growing affinity toward a knowledgeable citizen of Rome who saw what was coming and was powerless to stop it no matter how loud he screamed...

If the first Dark Age was so bad, can the second one not be magnitudes worse?!

Nov 2010 should have gone a long way to restoring your faith. 2012 will take you over the finish line.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 03:33:32 PM »
Sounds an awful lot like a promise JF!  Gonna hold ya to it!   ::pokeineye::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 08:26:45 PM »

If I don't believe that we might as well turn out the lights cause there's no reason to even talk about it any more.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 06:56:02 AM »

If I don't believe that we might as well turn out the lights cause there's no reason to even talk about it any more.

It's not easy to believe some days.  Some days more than others.  But your right.  And I haven't gone Galt yet, so I'm still up for the fight!   ;)

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 10:44:54 AM »

It's not easy to believe some days.  Some days more than others.  But your right.  And I haven't gone Galt yet, so I'm still up for the fight!   ;)

Yup, in spite of it all, John's is the right attitude. We don't give up, and we don't entertain hopelessness.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 11:24:29 AM »
I get frustrated as anybody and some days I could just scream. But once I'm over it I get back to doing what we need to do and look forward to the next opportunity at changing things the way we need to. By change I mean return to out core.

In sales when things aren't going well it's usually because I change something along the way and it was always getting back to basics the put things right.It's no different here,stick to the basics and watch for the weaknesses in the opposition. Let them make the mistakes and we work to exploit them every inch of the way.

It's not big bites that solve things it's the low steady nibbles that get it done.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 11:36:54 AM »
I think it's pretty obvious we are all fighters here, no quitters in this bunch!   ::thumbsup::

But humans wouldn't be humans if they don't experience despair from time to time.

I suspect none of us has to be reminded to "cowboy up" and "get back in the saddle"!

(But encouragement doesn't hurt!  ::thumbsup:: )

::USA::

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 12:41:10 PM »
I think it's pretty obvious we are all fighters here, no quitters in this bunch!   ::thumbsup::

But humans wouldn't be humans if they don't experience despair from time to time.

I suspect none of us has to be reminded to "cowboy up" and "get back in the saddle"!

And were here as a group to support each other in those moments of dispair.Were gonna win 2012 and win it big!!Even if God forbid Bambi is still our president(Lord hear our prayer)we will have enough steam to keep him bottled up.
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 01:48:20 PM »

And were here as a group to support each other in those moments of dispair.Were gonna win 2012 and win it big!!Even if God forbid Bambi is still our president(Lord hear our prayer)we will have enough steam to keep him bottled up.

The Good Lord willing and the river don't rise.   ;)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 01:59:22 PM »

The Good Lord willing and the river don't rise.   ;)

Amen!
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 10:11:26 PM »
IF, and that's a big if, conservatives FINALLY take over Congress and the WH, will they have the cajones to do away with entitlements? And if they do, how loud are the takers gonna cry?
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 10:19:46 PM »
No.  And LOUD!  But, tough noogies, that's what earplugs are for.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 06:56:25 AM »
Frankly, I like it when leftard's go apenuts, how else are we to know we're doing things right?!

;D