Author Topic: Monday Brief: Michelle Obama Tells Us We Need Government  (Read 752 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Monday Brief: Michelle Obama Tells Us We Need Government
« on: October 31, 2011, 12:19:10 PM »
Read this on the Web at http://patriotpost.us/edition/2011/10/31/brief/

Brief · October 31, 2011

The Foundation

"Liberty must at all hazards be supported. We have a right to it, derived from our Maker. But if we had not, our fathers have earned and bought it for us, at the expense of their ease, their estates, their pleasure, and their blood."
--John Adams

The Foundation

"Michelle's message is not an American one"[Michelle Obama is] back on the campaign trail, and for some reason is returning to the same hardball politics. The other day, she thundered, 'Will we be a country that tells folks who've done everything right but are struggling to get by, "Tough luck, you're on your own"? Is that who we are?' Given that the federal budget has increased by $2 trillion in just a decade, entitlements are at record levels, and this administration is now running $1.5 trillion annual deficits, it is hard to imagine that any government has told anyone 'tough luck.' And it is even harder to suggest that nine months of a Republican-controlled House -- voted in as part of the largest midterm correction since 1938 -- has had much effect on the Obama employment agenda of nearly three years, the majority of which time Obama controlled both houses of Congress and borrowed nearly $5 trillion in sending unemployment over 9 percent. And when Ms. Obama charges, 'Will we be a country where opportunity is limited to just the few at the top? Who are we?' one wonders, why, then, in the past three years of hard times, did she insist on vacationing, in iconic fashion, at Vail, Martha's Vineyard, and Costa del Sol, the tony haunts of 'the few at the top'? In these rough times, surely a smaller staff, less travel, and budgetary economies would have enhanced her populist message of some at the top enjoying perks at the expense of others. In short, even if she does not revert to 2008 style and restart her lamentations about life in her country being unfair, I think it a mistake for any president to put the First Lady out, in highly partisan fashion, on the campaign trail to attack her husband's political rivals. And, I think, the public unease with it will soon prove the point."
--historian Victor Davis Hanson

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Monday Brief: Michelle Obama Tells Us We Need Government
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 12:26:28 PM »
I dread the day when this wretched woman runs for political office a la Hillary Clinton in the wake of her husband's presidency. Senator from Illinois, it will likely be.

So much to loath about politics.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 12:45:45 PM »
She gives America a black eye...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 12:50:11 PM »

And a red ass !

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 12:56:38 PM »

And a red ass !

Yuck, can't get the picture out of my mind! ::puke:: ::barf::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 02:11:20 PM »
 ::hysterical::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 02:22:26 PM »
Michelle Obama needs us to need government and she needs government.  Who in the private sector would put up with Her Royal Highnessing.

I don't need her, it, or them.

Some days .... these people ........ I swear ............
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 02:26:09 PM »
Just keep that List up to date...

;)

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 04:43:57 PM »
Actually, I need government. I need it to get out of my life and leave me the alone.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 12:44:00 AM »
The VERY Angry First ”Lady” Michelle Obama

By Joseph Curl

-The Washington Times

Sunday, October 30, 2011

"First lady Michelle Obama has been a bitter mood lately, heaping criticism on the Republican Party as her husband campaigns for re-election.

Michelle’s back, and she’s madder than ever. She was already pretty angry, seemingly unhappy with just about everything. As her husband wrapped up the Democratic nomination in 2008, she let fly her real feelings: “For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country.” A few months into her job as first lady, her French counterpart asked how she liked the gig: “Don’t ask!” she reportedly spat. “It’s hell. I can’t stand it!”

She even seems to be mad at her silver-tongued husband. When the two were to set off on a luxurious 10-day vacation to Martha’s Vineyard, she left early – four hours early – and flew up alone. And those private vacations. She’s traveled to some of the world’s most plush resorts, taking 42 days off in the past year – that’d be eight weeks of vacay time if she held down a normal job.

Now, she is ready to spew her bilious disgust with America on the campaign trail. A dignified, transcendent first lady? No chance. Michelle is going to break with a hundred years of tradition and play the role of attack dog, heaping derision on her husband’s political opponents like no other first lady before her.

And it’s already begun. Mad Michelle this week popped down to Davis Island, Fla., to hobnob with the very people her husband despises – the 1 percent. At a massive mansion on the bay, filled with the wealthiest of the wealthy, America’s first lady launched into a tirade about “them” – the Republicans.

“Let’s not forget about what it meant when my husband appointed two brilliant Supreme Court justices, and for the first time in history, our daughters – and our sons – watched three women take their seats on our nation’s highest court. But more importantly, let’s not forget the impact their decisions will have on our lives for decades to come – on our privacy and our security, on whether we can speak freely, worship openly and love whomever we choose. That is what’s at stake here,” she said to applause.

Yes, Republicans hope to regain the White House so they can install Supreme Court justices who will trample Americans’ privacy, ignore the nation’s security, crush free speech and persecute the religious.

Oh, and they’re rich and racist to boot. “Will we be a country where opportunity is limited to just the few at the top? Who are we? Or will we give every child a chance to succeed no matter where they’re from, or what they look like or how much money their parents have. Who are we?”

That’s right, rich people (white, of course) certainly don’t want black people to succeed. They want to squelch success based on what people look like, how much money they have. “Are we going to let them succeed?” the first lady yelled. “Nooo!” the rich white people screamed."

COMPLETE ARTICLE AT:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/oct/30/curl-the-very-angry-first-lady/#disqus_thread

Wow! Even reading the article you can feel the venom spewing forth from Michelle Obama! ::smallestviolin::

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 02:38:51 AM »
Being a Good Little Commie , Michelle ("Moms Mabley") Obama knows that if she gets her way , she will be a part of another 1% .... The 1% that gets to run everything in a totalitarian state . She deals in lies , distortions and miss-representations . She wouldn't know the truth if hit her right in that broad ass . What she represents is so vile and despicable that to call it what it really is would have me exiled from polite society for an indeterminate period of time .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 07:54:52 AM »
She's a hater, that's for sure.  Her language is filled with hate.

She is one sick sorry excuse of a human being...and her hubby is the sickest of them all.

Don't you just love having this trash in the White House?

::puke::