Author Topic: Beat on Herman Cain, Step II  (Read 725 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Beat on Herman Cain, Step II
« on: October 31, 2011, 02:00:21 PM »
Campaign finance improprieties at Team Cain?

... the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel compares some financial records and comes up with a couple of serious allegations of its own ...

Seems this stuff is coming out a little early, which also seems to me *somebody* is feeling a bit threatened.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Beat on Herman Cain, Step II
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 02:22:53 PM »
"It is not known if Cain’s election fund eventually paid back Prosperity USA, which now appears defunct."

Revealing, could be innocent mistake in the books, nothing nefarious, but the timing is interesting.

I smell The Butthead!  All these attacks on a surging Cain smells of overt Machiavellian manipulation.

But hell, don't look at the clown behind the curtain, let us follow the crumbs and blow them up into mountains!

Who does this benefit?

That is the real question...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 02:24:23 PM »
I'm not sure if it would be Romney or one of the notRomneys
Don't think it would be Stymie yet

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 02:25:40 PM »
I'm not sure if it would be Romney or one of the notRomneys
Don't think it would be Stymie yet

If Stymie is smart, not him.  When your enemies are killing each other, just stay the hell out of it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 02:31:17 PM »
It certainly seems that way.  If it turns out to be true, I’d guess that it has a lot more to do with inexperience (and probably some incompetence) at Team Cain than any attempt to hide these transactions, which are very small potatoes in terms of their fiscal impact on presidential bids.  Romney, Paul, and Perry can raise more than $40,000 simply by waving at a camera, for instance.  But it’s another reminder that playing in the top tier means more scrutiny about everything, including funding and campaign management, and Cain had better prepare himself for that kind of attention.

Seems this stuff is coming out a little early, which also seems to me *somebody* is feeling a bit threatened.

I agree that they are threatened by Cain - because; a) he's the real deal and b) if he gets the nomination he's the worst possible one to have to run against for the dems mainly because of a) above, but also because he's not an 'old white guy'..
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 02:43:43 PM »
Reading through the comments at HotAir, I find more than a little contempt for Mark Block -- "Prosperity USA was owned and run by Wisconsin political operatives Mark Block and Linda Hansen, Cain’s current chief of staff and deputy chief of staff, respectively".

Oy.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 02:50:32 PM »
This has pudgy Rovian fingerprints all over it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 07:27:10 AM »
This has pudgy Rovian fingerprints all over it.

See!  I am not paranoid!  Or maybe I am but for good reason!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.