Author Topic: Don't get mace - get a firearm!  (Read 2087 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Don't get mace - get a firearm!
« on: October 31, 2011, 05:43:10 PM »
http://www.wyff4.com/r/29638219/detail.html

Wright said in his view, gun control is, "Is when you can get you barrel back on the target quick. That’s gun control."

Wright said the attack is not the fault of Millken Park. He said, "It's a nice place for families."

He said officers patrol the area all the time and respond to various calls there. He said, "Don't blame anyone for having an animal on their property … We can't get it all."

He encouraged women to walk in groups, and he ended by saying again, "I want you to get a concealed weapons permit. Don't get Mace. Get a firearm."

And then he said, "I think I better stop before I get sanctioned."

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

Re: Don't get mace - get a firearm!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 05:45:52 PM »

Sheriff Chuck Wright opened his news conference by saying, "Our form of justice is not making it."

He said, "Carry a concealed weapon. That'll fix it."

SC, that figures.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 08:42:52 PM »
Good.  Some official LE is saying it.  I hope he tells the same thing to women seeking Restraining Orders.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 09:18:10 PM »

Good.  Some official LE is saying it.  I hope he tells the same thing to women seeking Restraining Orders.

::thumbsup::

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 09:25:51 PM »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 11:34:37 PM »
I saw this earlier today.

Warmed my heart.

Made me think fondly (again) of Charles Bronson in Deathwish.

I carry a Taurus .38 special revolver with a titanium frame. Small, light, relatively easy to conceal...easier than my S&W .40 Sigma, anyway. I've never had to use it and I hope that I never do. But it's very nice knowing it's usually within my reach if it's ever needed.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:40:32 PM by trapeze »
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 06:42:42 AM »
Well, Chuck is one LEO I'll stand up for!

::thumbsup::

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Sheriff: Time For Citizens To Arm Themselves
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 09:43:07 AM »
Filed under 2nd Amendment, Culture, Law

"The Spartanburg County Sheriff is known for speaking his mind, and at a news conference on Monday, he didn’t hold back his anger and frustration after a woman was attacked in a park over the weekend.

Investigators said 46-year-old Walter Lance grabbed a woman who was walking her dog in Milliken Park on Sunday afternoon. They said Lance choked the woman, made her take off her clothing and tried to rape her.

Lance is in custody and was denied bond on Monday.

Sheriff Chuck Wright opened his news conference by saying, “Our form of justice is not making it.”
He said, “Carry a concealed weapon. That’ll fix it.”

Post Continues on www.wyff4.com

OK! ::thumbsup::

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 03:05:08 PM »
This subject is covered on one of the fishing sites I frequent. One of the members had this to say:

I live in Spartanburg county and Sheriff Wright is the man. He dont like trash. He has been on a mission since he took office. He started what he calls "operation rolling thunder". He brings in LE from a bunch of other counties and they sit on the side of I-85 and randomly pulls over cars, trucks, vans and tractor trailers. It amazing that after 5 or 6 years of this they still recover tons of drugs and drug money. He said in a statement last year for all the drug dealers to keep running thier drugs through Spartanburg cause we gonna take it, your money and vehicle. He is the man and highly respected by law abiding citizens.

I was all behind Wright until I read that little segment. I brought up the 4th amendment, but the yahoos over there had no qualms about LEO's pulling them over for no reason. ::bashing:: I guess our country just accelerates to warp speed as it rolls down hill.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 03:09:53 PM »
This subject is covered on one of the fishing sites I frequent. One of the members had this to say:

I live in Spartanburg county and Sheriff Wright is the man. He dont like trash. He has been on a mission since he took office. He started what he calls "operation rolling thunder". He brings in LE from a bunch of other counties and they sit on the side of I-85 and randomly pulls over cars, trucks, vans and tractor trailers. It amazing that after 5 or 6 years of this they still recover tons of drugs and drug money. He said in a statement last year for all the drug dealers to keep running thier drugs through Spartanburg cause we gonna take it, your money and vehicle. He is the man and highly respected by law abiding citizens.

I was all behind Wright until I read that little segment. I brought up the 4th amendment, but the yahoos over there had no qualms about LEO's pulling them over for no reason. ::bashing:: I guess our country just accelerates to warp speed as it rolls down hill.

::facepalm::

No, they had no qualms because they're willing to surrender their liberty for a cause of their choice.  Wait until they become the unwilling targets and see if that doesn't penetrate their bubbles.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 08:34:01 PM »
I guess being on that road is enough probable cause, eh?

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 12:26:37 AM »
This is where a lot of conservatives have a bizarre Law Enforcement fetish that drives me nuts. It underscores the true genius of the Founders that their default position was always one of limiting the government. They recognized that no matter how righteous an exercise of the state's mighty powers are for this-or-that purpose today, tomorrow it might be twisted into justifying something else entirely, so it's best to just deny the state that power entirely, as long as the consequences are tolerable.

I resent this sort of aggressive "proactive" policing. You can bet there's a damn federal or state grant in this mix somewhere too.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 12:29:43 AM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 06:40:25 AM »
Yeah, that's not what I call proactive policing...proactive policing used to be cops walking beats...

::)

Treating the entire public like a criminal doesn't make me feel safer, but it does make me less free.  This guy must have gotten this idea from the TSA...

charlesoakwood

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 02:06:16 PM »

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/daily-dispatch/tx-investigating-handgun-instructor-who-refused-to-train-muslims.html

A Texas handgun instructor is facing a state investigation after he ran a radio ad telling Muslims and non-Christian Arabs that he would not teach them how to handle a firearm.

Crockett Keller told Fox News he would not apologize for the ad – which ran on a country music station in Mason – about 100 miles west of Austin.

“I have no regrets,” he said. “I’m not a mean individual – not to say that occasionally I’ll get a little bit saucy or crude with my language.”

Nevertheless, he said he considers Muslims “our enemy” and he said they aren’t the only ones not welcomed at his handgun class.

Keller Crockett's Famous Gun Classes Radio Ad

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 02:28:08 PM »
I heard a little bit of one of his interviews.  He asked, rhetorically, how the flying instructors must have felt, after 9/11, who gave lessons to muslims who didn't care to learn how to land.

Some are saying he has "no right" to discriminate as he is credentialed by a government agency.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 04:26:03 PM »
I heard a little bit of one of his interviews.  He asked, rhetorically, how the flying instructors must have felt, after 9/11, who gave lessons to muslims who didn't care to learn how to land.

Some are saying he has "no right" to discriminate as he is credentialed by a government agency.

::ohno::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 06:58:31 AM »

First, credentialing doesn't mean squat!  Federal, state and local governments contract corporations and individuals for all manner of services, and something service-oriented like this is basically a license to operate, there should be no strings attached as to how the business is run as a private enterprise, as long as the purpose of the license is honored!

Second, while it sucks to live in a pc/diversity/multi-culti world, this guy could have conducted his business as he wanted...quietly.

Point two above should not have to be tolerated but it is what it is...until it can be changed.