Author Topic: Holder sues South Carolina over immigration reform  (Read 2307 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Holder sues South Carolina over immigration reform
« on: November 01, 2011, 10:33:25 AM »
Published: 12:13 AM 11/01/2011

By Neil Munro

"The Obama administration has boosted its efforts to bar state-level enforcement of the nation’s immigration laws by suing South Carolina over its new immigration reform law.

The Monday announcement by the Department of Justice follows the news that the Department of Homeland Security has quietly canceled long-standing checks of transportation hubs for illegal immigrants.

Administration officials defended the controversial lawsuit Monday, despite the nation’s unemployment rate of at least 9 percent.

“Today’s lawsuit makes clear once again that the Justice Department will not hesitate to challenge a state’s immigration law, as we have in Arizona, Alabama and South Carolina, if we find that the law interferes with the federal government’s enforcement of immigration,” read a statement from embattled Attorney General Eric Holder.

But South Carolina officials pushed back. “If the feds were doing their job, we wouldn’t have had to address illegal immigration reform at the state level,” said Rob Godfrey, a spokesman for the Republican Gov. Nikki Haley. “Until they do, we’re going to keep fighting in South Carolina to be able to enforce our laws.”

In September, a coalition of Democratic-leaning groups sued to stop the state’s reform, which is due to take effect in January. The coalition includes the Southern Poverty Law Center and the ACLU."
(RELATED: Congressional calls for Holder’s resignation more than double to 17)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/01/holder-sues-south-carolina-over-immigration-reform/#ixzz1cT4qm57w

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Holder sues South Carolina over immigration reform
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 11:05:05 AM »
Holder should be so busy responding to an onslaught of subpoenas from the House that he doesn't have a moment in which he could file a lawsuit on behalf of anybody.

Damn these Republicans for failing this country in its moment of need.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 11:13:30 AM »
Holder should be so busy responding to an onslaught of subpoenas from the House that he doesn't have a moment in which he could file a lawsuit on behalf of anybody.

Damn these Republicans for failing this country in its moment of need.

Eric Holder: Attorney General in the Prosecution of American Citizens. Something definitely wrong with this picture! ::gaah::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 11:19:07 AM »
The required response by SC would be "We do not recognize the authority of a corrupt Obama Administration Attorney General to know anything about illegalities beyond those this criminal breaks on his own on a daily basis, so we will not be responding to their frivolous attempt to distract the American people from their criminal negligence of and outright mockery of the law."

So F-U!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 11:23:22 AM »
The US Federal Government has become a malignant entity, and the Republican "opposition" shares in the culpability for their failure to do anything meaningful to stop it.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Online benb61

• Established Member
  • My 2 fast cars
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 11:28:08 AM »
It is the responsibility of the executive branch of the federal government to enforce the laws that are on the books,  regardless of whether they agree with those laws or not.  When does the obama impeachment start for deriliction of duty?  How do "we the people" force our representatives in the legislative branch to do their duty and bring this clown to justice?

Anyone???
Eschew Obfuscation

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 11:31:29 AM »
It is the responsibility of the executive branch of the federal government to enforce the laws that are on the books,  regardless of whether they agree with those laws or not.  When does the obama impeachment start for deriliction of duty?  How do "we the people" force our representatives in the legislative branch to do their duty and bring this clown to justice?

Anyone???

It would fall on House Republicans to undertake impeachment. Imagine John Boehner, Erich Cantor, or any other Republican leader facing down the media as they embark on impeaching the first Black president.

They don't have the f**king stones.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 12:19:03 PM »
The required response by SC would be "We do not recognize the authority of a corrupt Obama Administration Attorney General to know anything about illegalities beyond those this criminal breaks on his own on a daily basis, so we will not be responding to their frivolous attempt to distract the American people from their criminal negligence of and outright mockery of the law."

So F-U!

::mooning::

Totally agree, Eric Holder is a "Criminal Walking" his decisions, and Prosecutions, every single one, will be struck down, when he is convicted.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 01:52:06 PM »
We have an executive branch picking and choosing which laws it will enforce, which laws it won't, which ones it will defend in court, which ones it won't. In other words, the body of law does not determine what is allowed and disallowed, but rather individual personalities -- most of whom are unelected bureaucrats.

On top of that already intolerable state of affairs, the same bunch are aggressively quashing lower levels of government when they attempt to pick up the slack out of sheer and desperate necessity.

They deserve every bit of what they're going to get some day.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2011, 02:50:47 PM »
We have an executive branch picking and choosing which laws it will enforce, which laws it won't, which ones it will defend in court, which ones it won't. In other words, the body of law does not determine what is allowed and disallowed, but rather individual personalities -- most of whom are unelected bureaucrats.

On top of that already intolerable state of affairs, the same bunch are aggressively quashing lower levels of government when they attempt to pick up the slack out of sheer and desperate necessity.

They deserve every bit of what they're going to get some day.

You know, we ought to get some high priced Ambulance Chaser like Gloria Allred, and have Her file a Class Action Lawsuit against Eric Holder, and by extension Barack Obama. We didn't elect the hypocrite to Sue American Citizens. As long as they are wasting Tax Payer Money, we may as well get paid also!

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 07:33:34 PM »
 How the hell does N.C. keep that asshat as a senator and pass this?
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 08:00:17 PM »

Who?  Hagan?  Pass what?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 08:25:47 PM »

Who?  Hagan?  Pass what?

Lady Lindsey Graham,not pass enforce immigration laws.My BOOBOO.
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 08:30:01 PM »

Who?  Hagan?  Pass what?

That's SC, BooBoo.  ;)
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 08:33:01 PM »

Who?  Hagan?  Pass what?

That's SC, BooBoo.  ;)

::unknowncomic:: ::doh:: ::oldman::
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 06:47:39 AM »
Carolina's...they all look alike!

::hysterical::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.