Author Topic: NASCAR Week 3: Las Vegas  (Read 2493 times)

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
NASCAR Week 3: Las Vegas
« on: March 06, 2011, 02:10:49 PM »
The Nationwide race yesterday was won by Mark Martin.  As the most senior driver, he gives a lot of us old guys hope.

Danica Patrick had her best ever finish coming in fourth.  I think they said that the last time a female finished that well in a NASCAR race was in 1949.  I suppose it's only a matter of time before she wins one.  She will have to have a very good year in the Nationwide before she gets promoted to the Sprint series, though.

Kyle Bush looked very strong before he lost control on an inside corner and ran into the wall.

Should be a great race today.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: NASCAR Week 3: Las Vegas
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 03:05:54 PM »
Yeah, not much of a Kyle fan, big brother Kurt seems OK, Kyle just rubs me wrong.

But the Vegas boys usually do good on home turf...
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 03:30:18 PM »
Heh, first a spin out, now Kyle caught on fire!

God does have a sense of humor!

::hysterical::

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »
Two weeks off now but then... Bristol.  NASCAR in a football stadium. I love Bristol. It's nuts.
In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 11:48:07 AM »
I like the bigger tracks, but I've only been to Ontario, so I may be biased.  I hear first hand KC isn't too bad either, and a short drive from Minneapolis.  (Will not go to Chicago, just on principle!) There is one guy I know who swears Bristol is a racing temple!  He's made several pilgrimage's.  I'd love to get to Daytona and Talladega sometime.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 12:25:39 PM »
The race at Bristol is special. It is the best short track racing to be seen. You see all the action. There will be bumping and grinding on every turn.

Trap is correct. It's like going to watch the Vols play in front of 100,000+ , but there are cars. Now, the trip after the game going home..... ::gaah::
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 02:58:26 PM »
There are two races every year at Bristol. This one is going to be a day race* and the next one (in August) is a night race.

Before I die I will see one of these two races. Bristol is that important. It's like roller derby with cars.

Briston Motor Speedway
Capacity: 160,000

And it's loud.

*They are calling it the Jeff Byrd 500, a memorial to Bristol's longtime president who died last year.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 03:07:18 PM by trapeze »