Author Topic: Virginia State Senator Edd Houck's Anti-Family Record  (Read 840 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
Virginia State Senator Edd Houck's Anti-Family Record
« on: November 02, 2011, 12:12:02 PM »
Wednesday, 02 November 2011 06:00 Terry Beatley

"Senator Edd Houck's represents District 17 in Virginia, but not parental rights.  His territory covers a large area from Charlottesville to Fredericksburg and the following Virginia Precincts:
City of Fredericksburg – All
Orange County – All
Albemarle County – Agnor-Hurt, Branchlands, Dunlora, Free Bridge, Georgetown, and Keswick precincts; part of Jack Jouett, Stony Point and Woodbrook precincts.
Culpeper County – East Fairfax, Mitchells, Pearl Sample, and West Fairfax precincts.
Louisa County – Cuckoo, Fredericks Hall, Louisa #1, Louisa #2, Mechanicsville, Mineral, Patrick Henry, Yanceyville and Zion precincts.
Spotsylvania County – Battlefield, Belmont, Brents Mill, Brokenburg, Chancellor, Courthouse, Fairview, Frazers Gate, Hazel Run, Ni River, Piedmont, Salem, Smith Station, and Todds Tavern precincts; part of Brock and Plank Road precincts."

Sen. Houck: A long history of undermining parental rights

by Terry Beatley
"As a concerned mother of two girls, I began searching for answers as to why and how parental rights are being undermined by our government. For example,

Why are minors allowed to receive abortions with a judicial bypass without the consent of their parents, yet the parents are held financially liable if their child is hospitalized or suffers post-abortive psychological complications? Why do certain school systems deny parents the right to opt their children out of government mandated sex education? Who gains by voting against legislation that protects parental authority? And why do certain legislators protect industries that exploit children?    I found some of the answers in New York in 2009. But as explained below, more answers came when I attended Senator Edd Houck’s January 2011 Spotsylvania Townhall meeting.

In 2009, my quest led me to Manhattan to interview Dr. Bernard Nathanson, ob/gyn. In 1969, he helped organize the nation’s largest pro-abortion lobby group, National Association for the Repeal of Abortion Laws, (NARAL). According to Dr. Nathanson, they were able to advance a culture of abortion based on framing the debate around a woman’s right to “choose,” transitioning Americans from thinking about the “immorality of killing another human being.”

He explained how the abortion industry is based on fabricated facts, cynical slogans, false poll results and deception. He made it very clear: the abortion industry learned decades ago that the best way to advance their agenda was to market it to teenagers and then dismantle parental rights by supporting pro-abortion representatives in state legislatures. After aborting 75,000 children, Dr. Nathanson saw the error of his ways, and switched sides, becoming pro-life.

So what does a New York Ob/GYN and the erosion of parental rights have to do with our Senator Edd Houck?"

http://www.rightsidenews.com/2011110214864/editorial/us-opinion-and-editorial/virginia-state-senator-ed-houcks-anti-family-record.html?

Senator Edd Houck's Unadvertised Voting Record Against Parental Rights

« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 01:42:40 PM by jpatrickham »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Virginia State Senator Edd Houck's Anti-Family Record
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 12:17:42 PM »
jpat, interesting piece.  May we please read the rest?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 01:43:19 PM »
jpat, interesting piece.  May we please read the rest?

Oops! ::evil::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 01:53:25 PM »
I know.  I usually forget to add the H/T.

At the Spotsylvania meeting, when I rose to point out some of his votes, and asked Senator Houck if he saw these votes as undermining parental rights, he initially refused to answer my questions. Finally, at the very end of the meeting, he responded by saying that it is acceptable to him for a 16 or 17 year old to make those decisions for herself.

Wow, everything Dr. Nathanson said now made sense. I witnessed a powerful Senator so confident of his reelection prospects that in a public meeting he was willing to tell me to my face that my minor children are better prepared to determine what is best for them than I am.

And such politicians are Legion.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 02:04:06 PM »
I know.  I usually forget to add the H/T.

At the Spotsylvania meeting, when I rose to point out some of his votes, and asked Senator Houck if he saw these votes as undermining parental rights, he initially refused to answer my questions. Finally, at the very end of the meeting, he responded by saying that it is acceptable to him for a 16 or 17 year old to make those decisions for herself.

Wow, everything Dr. Nathanson said now made sense. I witnessed a powerful Senator so confident of his reelection prospects that in a public meeting he was willing to tell me to my face that my minor children are better prepared to determine what is best for them than I am.

And such politicians are Legion.

I just cut down a huge tree, cut it up, and moved it to the front yard. I am definitely to old for this crap! ::falldownshocked::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 02:33:12 PM »
What kind?  Saving the wood?  Do you have a fireplace/stove?

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 02:38:47 PM »

Crab Apple, and no have gas fireplace. It had grown huge and was stunting a Norwegian Spruce. Put it on curb for trash or, someone looking for wood for fireplace! That is the fifth tree this year. Over planted years back.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 05:27:30 PM »

Crab Apple, and no have gas fireplace. It had grown huge and was stunting a Norwegian Spruce. Put it on curb for trash or, someone looking for wood for fireplace! That is the fifth tree this year. Over planted years back.
WHAT that is the an owesome wood for smoking wish I lived near you!
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 05:50:29 PM »
Cut, split, and stacked 1 1/2 cords this weekend. I'm surprised that it went as easy as it did. I also put up the frame for one of those "rubber room" portable auto shelters. Those are real fun to put up alone  >:(