Author Topic: Keystone XL CEO - Pipe Stall Could be Grim  (Read 5145 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Keystone XL CEO - Pipe Stall Could be Grim
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 10:04:29 AM »
Even with a new president in office, dedicated to getting this done, the EPA-assisted "environmental" groups will keep it tied up in court.  Plus, there's a deadline -- the Canadians have already stated they cannot afford the delay and will make alternate arrangements to send the oil to Asia.

We talk about defunding the EPA and it really needs to be done as part of its budget is "granted" to all of these "green" groups for them to sue with.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 05:13:44 PM »
Even with a new president in office, dedicated to getting this done, the EPA-assisted "environmental" groups will keep it tied up in court.  Plus, there's a deadline -- the Canadians have already stated they cannot afford the delay and will make alternate arrangements to send the oil to Asia.

We talk about defunding the EPA and it really needs to be done as part of its budget is "granted" to all of these "green" groups for them to sue with.
That's just it, the EPA gives money to these groups to sue itself. Talk about self defeating.
Come on now, admit it, war with these anti everything crowd would be preferable to what we've got now.
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 08:05:08 PM »

One of the candidates wants to rebuild the EPA from the ground up.

Can't remember which one.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 09:22:37 PM »
Again... A coalition of states between Alberta and Mexico need to give every intention that they intend to move forward, barring a law produced by the legislature and signed by the president specifically addressing a prohibition.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 09:27:08 PM »
Even with a new president in office, dedicated to getting this done, the EPA-assisted "environmental" groups will keep it tied up in court.  Plus, there's a deadline -- the Canadians have already stated they cannot afford the delay and will make alternate arrangements to send the oil to Asia.

I would bet that if the EPA was killed all those people would get private funding the next day from soros types. All we've done by creating the EPA is use our money to sue ourselves as you stated and give the damned dems a political arm at our expense.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 09:58:19 PM »
Again... A coalition of states between Alberta and Mexico need to give every intention that they intend to move forward, barring a law produced by the legislature and signed by the president specifically addressing a prohibition.

That would be a delight but it might be a little too soon to do that.
If Obama wins that action will be expected my many more than now.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2011, 05:11:38 AM »

I would bet that if the EPA was killed all those people would get private funding the next day from soros types. All we've done by creating the EPA is use our money to sue ourselves as you stated and give the damned dems a political arm at our expense.

That's been part of the strategy for years dontcha know !

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 05:14:41 AM »

I wish you wouldn't use the word "coalition" . It seems like every group of activists which identifies itself as a "coalition" turns out to be a pack of Commies .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 03:02:39 PM »
I'd say the affected states should move forward regardless what The Regime does, screw 'em, got to draw a line in the sand somewhere, if the feckless Repub's in Congress won't the states damn well better!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2011, 01:18:26 PM »
We're gettin' piped alright ... by Stymie !  ::gaah:: ::cussing::

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2011, 02:38:58 PM »
Yeah SH, and like a battered spouse, most Repub's just get back in line for the next pummeling!

::bashing::

::gaah::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2011, 05:59:20 PM »

Like tossed salad?

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/Energy-Resources/2011/11/14/China-wants-our-crude-Canada-says/UPI-84881321289166/?spt=hts&or=5

Canada expects strong interest in its heavy crude oil reserves from China after the U.S. government balked on a major oil pipeline project, the government said.
The Canadian government said a heavy crude oil pipeline would get built to carry oil from tar sands projects in Alberta province one way or the other. The direction of that pipeline would depend on the end consumer.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2011, 07:32:39 AM »
As usual, there is no way in hell Obama will stab the enviro-nazi leftist faction part of his base in the back, that knife, as always, goes into the backs of the productive class, especially those not of the same political pedigree!  So in the end Obama is handing what should have been ours on a silver platter to the ChiCom's!  The States better act in unison soon, or any chance to keep this deal is shot to hell!

::cussing::  Obama!!!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »
With a citizenry depraved enough to elect the likes of Obama, and depraved enough to allow the incestuous collusion of statists from both parties, then America as a country deserves every bad thing coming to it. It deserves to fall from power. It deserves to be pushed aside in favor of civilizations that have a sense of purpose and are unashamed about their upward trajectory.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline BMG

• Established Member
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

charlesoakwood

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2011, 11:01:09 AM »

The Canadians may keep dawdling around to both our benefits.

drill, drill, drill, pump, pump, pump

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2011, 08:08:26 PM »

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2011, 08:17:14 PM »
  I spoke to my cousin in Montreal and he says their papers are say that there will be a pipeline because Canada doesn't give a crap about waiting this guy out of office.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2011, 08:18:30 PM »
I don't blame 'em, not one bit, but Obama I will blame A LOT!

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2011, 09:05:42 AM »

Good one. Yeah I couldn't believe the unmitigated gall, even from this guy, when he said American business has just been lazy about new development and sense of purpose and all that. Saying that while being the single biggest impediment to economic development we've ever seen from one single individual. He stops the pipeline, stops the fracking, stops Boeing from opening a new factory in SC to build the world's most advanced jetliner, withholds drilling permits in the Gulf (defying court orders), shafts the rightful bond holders in GM and Chrysler, I mean it goes on and on. And he pretends that the problem with the economy is somehow the system itself?

This guy can't be out of office soon enough.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly