Author Topic: Catholic symbols at Catholic University offend muslim students  (Read 2357 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Catholic symbols at Catholic University offend muslim students
« on: October 28, 2011, 06:21:32 AM »
The Religion of the Perpetually Offended strikes again.

The Washington, D.C. Office of Human Rights confirmed that it is investigating allegations that Catholic University violated the human rights of Muslim students by not allowing them to form a Muslim student group and by not providing them rooms without Christian symbols for their daily prayers.

The investigation alleges that Muslim students “must perform their prayers surrounded by symbols of Catholicism – e.g., a wooden crucifix, paintings of Jesus, pictures of priests and theologians which many Muslim students find inappropriate.”

A spokesperson for the Office of Human Rights told Fox News they had received a 60-page complaint against the private university. The investigation, they said, could take as long a six months.

The complaint was filed by John Banzhaf, an attorney and professor at George Washington University Law School. Banzhaf has been involved in previous litigation against the school involving the same-sex residence halls. He also alleged in his complaint involving Muslim students that women at the university were being discriminated against.

Banzhaf said some Muslim students were particularly offended because they had to meditate in the school’s chapels “and at the cathedral that looms over the entire campus – the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception.”

Patrick Reilly, the president of the Cardinal Newman Society, an organization that promotes Catholic identity among Catholic schools, seemed stunned by the complaint.

“I don’t know what the attorney wants them to do – if he wants them to actually move the Basilica or if the Muslim students can find someplace where they don’t have to look at it,” he told Fox News.

Catholic University, he said, is a Catholic institution.

“One wouldn’t expect a Jewish institution to be responsible for providing liturgical opportunities for other faiths and I wouldn’t expect a Catholic institution to do that,” he said.

“This attorney is really turning civil rights on its head,” he said. “He’s using the law for his own discrimination against the Catholic institution and essentially saying Catholic University cannot operate according to Catholic principles.”
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Catholic symbols at Catholic University offend muslim students
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 07:27:52 AM »
Devolution into the absurd.

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Not saying the church or the university is good. But I am saying that we are in a time when good/evil; lies/truth; right/wrong; reality/fantasy; just/unjust; rich/poor; education/indoctrination - and a host of other opposites - are carelessly interchanged by those with evil intentions.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 07:39:02 AM »
Catholic symbols at Catholic University offend muslim students

GOOD!

Now, you don't like it?  Tough, STFD STFU and GTFO!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline fingerroll

• Likes the place
Muslims want religious equality at Catholic university
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 10:21:57 AM »
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2011/10/28/muslims_want_crosses_at_catholic_university_removed_before_they_pray

Interesting that they chose to go to a private catholic school.  If they wanted to whine about this at a public school I would be with them, but to force a private catholic school to change is incredibly ballsy!  WTF, go to a Muslim school.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
Re: Muslims want religious equality at Catholic university
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 10:22:59 AM »
I have had damn well enough of this.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 10:27:23 AM »
The proper response is for the university to state it, as an institution, is consecrated to Christ so not only will Christian symbols not be removed, no part of its facilities will be used to accommodate other religions at all.

Furthermore, you can't convince me that this was not precisely the motivation of Muslims even attending a Catholic university. This is part of their cultural jihad, to walk into our homes that we foolishly opened up to them out of some misguided notions of "fairness", "diversity", blah blah blah, and plant their flag of conquest.

The sheer unmitigated audacity of this entire theopolitical cult is breathtaking. If this university caves in, the Catholic Church should sever its relationship and give it the equivalent of an institutional excommunication.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:32:33 AM by Glock32 »
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 10:46:42 AM »
I'm not sure why Catholic symbols should offend them.  If that's not their faith aren't they just objects devoid of any meaning?

I'm sure this school accepts federal money so they may be on the hook unless they give it up. 
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 10:53:24 AM »

Isn't it inviolate of their "religion" to go into such places?  If that is so
their presence there could only be jihad.  If their presence there isn't
jihad they are apostates and have no claim as muslims.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 11:42:31 AM »
I'm sure any Muzzie schools comform to Christians.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 12:08:26 PM »
I'm not sure why Catholic symbols should offend them.  If that's not their faith aren't they just objects devoid of any meaning?

I'm sure this school accepts federal money so they may be on the hook unless they give it up. 

They view such things as idolatry yadda yadda yadda...

Keep this crap out, display more, serve only pork products, wear revealing clothing...

;D

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 12:08:42 PM »
I'm sure any Muzzie schools comform to Christians.

::laughonfloor::

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 04:50:55 PM »
Note to private christian based schools:

If a follower of islam applies to your school, turn them down.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 05:53:27 PM »
Note to private christian based schools:

If a follower of islam applies to your school, turn burn them down.

FIFY. ::jihadnanner::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 08:49:47 PM »
 My response to me would be to boot them all the hell out of school instantly. This bunch of ass wipes is looking for a reason to slap a lawsuit on the school just like the flying imams did and so many other muslim groups right down to the cashiers that would not handle pork did all being passed as needing an accommodation.

When muslims in the middle east stop killing Catholics/Christians and people start being executed for those crimes you all can come back and (maybe but probably not)talk to me about an accommodation and it won't include taking down the Cross or images of Jesus Christ. The only thing I'll agree to is an education and nothing more TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 02:54:01 AM »
According to Catholic University not a single Muslim student has registered a complaint regarding this issue . It was all begun by that ass wipe John Banzhaf from George Washington University Law School who is a political gadfly and has a history of making groundless complaints against C.U.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 07:15:53 AM »
According to Catholic University not a single Muslim student has registered a complaint regarding this issue . It was all begun by that ass wipe John Banzhaf from George Washington University Law School who is a political gadfly and has a history of making groundless complaints against C.U.

Then he has no standing and as should be ignored.

Time for an Occupy Banzhaf effort?