Author Topic: Ah crap, Obama's crew figured out how to win next year  (Read 1150 times)

Offline MacWell™

• Likes the place
Ah crap, Obama's crew figured out how to win next year
« on: November 04, 2011, 01:06:54 PM »
This is bad news and also good news. Obama's gonna strike Iran, probably along with Israel. This way, he kills 2 birds with one stone. We all know he'll do anything to garner more time to destroy America, and a move like this will cement his reelection. He'll be supported by the right and the left because he'll spin it as helping the poor distraught Iranians. Who on the left could be against that? The right won't have the nerve to speak out against it. He'll go to the American people first, then congress and it'll be a win win for the status quo.
It's gettin scary out there.

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Ah crap, Obama's crew figured out how to win next year
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 01:16:41 PM »
We'll see. Obama's involvement in Libya was based on far thinner justification than Bush's involvement in Iraq or Afghanistan, and those who screamed in outrage over Iraq gave Obama a total pass. The Left showed that war is only unjust and evil when it is waged by a Republican Commander in Chief.

Could Obama attack Iran and get away with it? I'd have to say it is possible.

BTW, Nice to see you posting MacWell.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 01:25:24 PM »
I don't think he has the guts .

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 01:38:57 PM »

Ha had the guts to send troops into Libya without congressional approval. Different scale, I know. But still. One thing he HASN"T shown is a lack of guts to do what he wants when he wants for flagrantly political reasons. If ever there was a President who would send young men to die as part of a political campaign strategy, it is this man.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 01:48:19 PM »

If he and his whorl planners think it will help him
suppress the congress or to be reelected he'd do it
in a minute.

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 01:59:36 PM »
This is bad news and also good news. Obama's gonna strike Iran, probably along with Israel. This way, he kills 2 birds with one stone. We all know he'll do anything to garner more time to destroy America, and a move like this will cement his reelection. He'll be supported by the right and the left because he'll spin it as helping the poor distraught Iranians. Who on the left could be against that? The right won't have the nerve to speak out against it. He'll go to the American people first, then congress and it'll be a win win for the status quo.
It's gettin scary out there.

I see your point MacWell™ (BTW: I like the "™"...maybe I should get one too!), but I'm not sure that I agree with your analysis that it automatically helps Øbozo. Yes, there have been lefties who gloat that Øbozo got done what GW couldn't (killing osama bin ladin) but they don't really care because they don't even believe in the WOT (to the point where they have banned the term in official communications).

Especially at this point in the game I do not know anyone to the right of hillary who could ever possibly bring themselves to support him. Those few who did in '08 did so for the novelty of voting in a black person. The bloom is off that rose.

I do have to hand it to the bass turd - he does know how to dispatch his enemies. It's too bad that GW couldn't have been as ruthless and cold-blooded. The problem is that as a sociopath the next time could just as easily be you and I. People are finally waking up to that truth.

Offline MacWell™

• Likes the place
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 03:17:36 PM »
Yeah, Hi all, sorry for the long time out, but there's so many blogs to post to, it seems like it's a never ending job. I'm shouting from the rooftops the importance of next year's elections.

At this point, I wouldn't put anything past this guy. His minions might be corrupt, but they know what they're doing. Everything this guy does is contrived, he's nothing more than an actor. Being from the soviet state of NJ, it's next to impossible to get a gun permit, let alone a CC. I still have the vote, and I intend to use every bit of information I can get before I elect anyone else.

It's up to us folks. If we the people allow OUR government to remain as it is, then maybe we don't deserve the freedoms so many died to preserve. If anyone thinks we're going to skate through elections any longer, they're wrong. We MUST be vigilant and start to remove all career politicians from office. We must revert back to the model the founders left us, citizen government.

It's our only hope!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 04:46:28 PM »
Charles, I don't think he needs to suppress congress.
They have chose to suppress themselves

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 06:40:49 PM »
  I'm betting Israel dumps in Iran before we leave Iraq so they can fly through the airspace just as we shut off our Radar so Bambi can give us the outrage speech and mouth off about Israel and cover with the Arabs.

But then again I'm nuts and we all know it.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 07:27:45 PM »
  I'm betting Israel dumps in Iran before we leave Iraq so they can fly through the airspace just as we shut off our Radar so Bambi can give us the outrage speech and mouth off about Israel and cover with the Arabs.

I had to look at a map. They can fly out of Eilat and cross
Saudi Arabia, they have permission.

RickZ

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 07:32:44 PM »

Ha had the guts to send troops into Libya without congressional approval. Different scale, I know. But still. One thing he HASN"T shown is a lack of guts to do what he wants when he wants for flagrantly political reasons. If ever there was a President who would send young men to die as part of a political campaign strategy, it is this man.

Going into Libya was a way for Obama to gain cred for his bona fides as Commander-in-Chief.  (Remember, Libya was before Osama was killed.)  Gaddafi was low hanging fruit easily swept aside, but thanks to Barack's military prowess wasn't so easy after all.  Were he to go after Iran, he would unleash a much more determined enemy to attack us here at home.  With his inept Homeland Security apparatchiks, that would be suicide.  He was able to sweep Maj. Hasan under the rug, but that was on a military base.  Attacks on malls, etc., are a whole 'nother matter.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 07:48:54 PM »

The Saudis gave them permission???
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 03:24:17 PM »

I don't call letting the French , British and other NATO members conduct almost all of the airstrikes "guts" .

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 01:15:48 PM »

I don't call letting the French , British and other NATO members conduct almost all of the airstrikes "guts" .
I agree spending our tax Dollars that we are barrowing from China.
Doesn't take guts it takes Stupidity! ::bashing::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 04:36:56 PM »

I recall an unattributed Saudi source saying as much.  I don't see Stymie participating in this, it is not a risk-free operation like dropping bombs on a backassward sh*thole like Libya...most of these nuclear sites are buried deep and fortified...it will take multiple strikes of multiple sites to knock out their program.  Besides, Stymie would like to let the Musslim world go apesh*t and heap hate upon the Jews for conducting such an operation.  Letting Israel do the dirty work would be a win-win for Stymie and take a foreign policy problem out of play going into the election.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 04:45:55 PM »

I recall an unattributed Saudi source saying as much.  I don't see Stymie participating in this, it is not a risk-free operation like dropping bombs on a backassward sh*thole like Libya...most of these nuclear sites are buried deep and fortified...it will take multiple strikes of multiple sites to knock out their program.  Besides, Stymie would like to let the Musslim world go apesh*t and heap hate upon the Jews for conducting such an operation.  Letting Israel do the dirty work would be a win-win for Stymie and take a foreign policy problem out of play going into the election.

If that's the case all I can say is. ::popcorn::
 Filippo Mazzie

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 05:20:43 PM »

Stacking it up.

IIRC, the Brits have said they will help.