Author Topic: What's it gonna take?  (Read 885 times)

Offline MacWell™

• Likes the place
What's it gonna take?
« on: November 05, 2011, 07:03:02 AM »
How do you think history will reflect what's going on in America?

I've heard several people quote that it's too late for America already, we're already beaten, the Marxist have won, do they have a valid point?

Does anyone here believe this is going to end well?

I'm not being sarcastic or pessimistic, just realistic. I actually fear for America. The more I read, the more I'm starting to believe they may be right.
50 years ago, things were done different. Call it the "times", call it what you will, it doesn't matter, it worked better than the present one. Was it perfect?, of course not. There was real discrimination, for silly reasons, not valid ones.
That is wrong.
I seem to remember a time when a man's handshake meant something. Many people did business when a handshake was enough, as was a man's word. Now, we have "Law School". A place that teaches what the con men of yesterday knew, how to twist words, how to get around the truth.
Example, why does it take 3 paragraphs to say yes or no?
I'm sure our left turn brothers... and sisters, will tell us how much (progress) we've made since Plymouth. What they call progress, I'd call decay. We the people, in our need to create better lives for our children, put our trust in those we sent to congress to speak on our behalf.

Does anyone think they've been up front and honest with that trust?

It appears that America is at an impasse, we must decide if we are willing to allow things to remain as is, or will we demand that "all is well" in america.

There is a lot at stake, on both sides.

They have many resources, we have few.

They have us outgunned.

At this point, they have us out manned.

I thought the tea party showed our strength, but they have been strangely quiet.

We have less than a year to come up with someone to represent us in the white house, and I'm not thrilled by any of the ones in the race, as of yet.

We need a patriot to stand up and take control. Someone who isn't afraid to take on the system, because it's not going to be a pushover, as some think. It might get bad, real bad. I just hope Americans are up to the task.
thanks fer lettin me dump.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: What's it gonna take?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 09:14:08 AM »
I agree with you that it appears "things" may get very bad, but, they neither have us outgunned or outmanned. 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 10:12:58 AM »
I agree with you that it appears "things" may get very bad, but, they neither have us outgunned or outmanned.  

Outmanned, perhaps not. But if the military and the police are persuaded to turn against the people, then they do have us outgunned. They also have the ability to inhibit transportation, mobility, shipping, and communication. They could disrupt the food supply.

There was a congressman not too long ago that was caught on video saying that he thought there was pretty much no limit on what the federal government could do to the people. He was smug and condescending, and there was much outrage over his comment. But I think it was a candid moment of truth bubbling to the surface. Not just his truth steeped in hubris. Real truth.

This federal government does not have the consent of the people, yet it tightens its grip almost daily. It will continue to tighten its grip until the people resist. Then it's go-time. It's that simple, I'm afraid.

Do we have one chance to avoid a worst-case scenario, if somehow we can make it to 2012 and roundly defeat the Marxist coup, and purge the Democrat party of Marxists forever? Perhaps. All hope of avoiding go-time relies on it, doesn't it?

How will history reflect on this time? I said yesterday on the thread marking the 3rd anniversary of the election of Barack Hussein Obama...

[blockquote]History will either treat this as a demarcation of a renewal of the American era as the primary force in Western civilization, or as the tipping point at which the decline of America and Western civilization became inevitable and irreversible. I see no other options.[/blockquote]

I think that's probably about right.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 10:25:30 AM »
But if the military and the police are persuaded to turn against the people, then they do have us outgunned.

To expand on the point, I believe the majority of the military will not be persuaded.  Some will, of course, and it is at that point of tension where the patriots will make the choice.

They also have the ability to inhibit transportation, mobility, shipping, and communication. They could disrupt the food supply.

They could do all of that, but for how long?  Long enough?  Before a majority of the military defect? I don't know.

History will either treat this as a demarcation of a renewal of the American era as the primary force in Western civilization, or as the tipping point at which the decline of America and Western civilization became inevitable and irreversible. I see no other options.

Yes. 

We'll never be completely free of the Marxists, though.  They are the eternal evil on earth with whom we're destined to deal.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
...We'll never be completely free of the Marxists, though.  They are the eternal evil on earth with whom we're destined to deal.

I am to the point that I would be in favor of the most drastic measures to eliminate the promotion of collectivist government in the United States.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 10:54:34 AM »
This old badger is one selfish SOB. I like the world I was born into and I intend to live it out. I will oppose the left as circumstances dictate. It is they who define and dictate my response. They can either leave me be to quietly live out my days or they can assault me in which case they will reap the whirlwind.

I never planned on living forever anyway...

Edited to add that I'm on my way out the door to attend a Veteran's Day memorial.

Hug a vet, will ya?  ::USA::

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 12:09:46 PM »
It should also be noted that the Tea Party isn't exactly silent. The Tea Party isn't out in the face of the public on a national stage right now...but that doesn't mean that the Tea Party isn't still doing what they were doing previous. We are still very active - where it counts - on the local level. We need to rebuild our crumbling foundation starting at the bottom before we can adequately attack the rot at the top I'm afraid.

If you haven't joined your local Tea Party you really ought to consider doing so.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus