Author Topic: The Cultural Decline of Men is a Problem for Us All  (Read 1480 times)

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
The Cultural Decline of Men is a Problem for Us All
« on: November 05, 2011, 08:58:20 AM »
“Most of us [men] were raised by women,” reflects the iconic Tyler Durden in the movie Fight Club. “I’m wondering if another woman is really the answer we need.” Around the time that he was born, a significant number of women were deciding that men weren’t the answer—which led to large numbers of Tyler’s generation being brought up without fathers. And that leads to the oft-remarked phenomenon of the couch-potato man-child, thumbs twitching over his PlayStation. It’s a disturbing trend, especially to social observers like William Bennett.

Bennett’s latest book, patterned on his classic Book of Virtues, is titled The Book of Man: Readings on the Path to Manhood. It’s obviously intended as a guide to pre-men, a selection of instructional and inspirational passages. “Why Men Are in Trouble,” an opinion piece for CNN, explains why he wrote it: “For the first time in history, women are better-educated, more ambitious and arguably more successful than men.?… We celebrate the ascension of women but what will we do about what appears to be the very real decline of the other sex?”

Continue reading at www.worldmag.com ::grouphug::

http://www.worldmag.com/articles/18767
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 09:21:44 AM by jpatrickham »

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: The Cultural Decline of Men is a Problem for Us All
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 09:18:59 AM »
Continue reading where at World Mag?
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 09:23:14 AM »

It was there, I believe they tried to camouflage it. Probably a Woman! ::exitstageleft:: ::unknowncomic::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 09:39:34 AM »

It was there, I believe they tried to camouflage it. Probably a Woman! ::exitstageleft:: ::unknowncomic::

::rockethrow::

You read it, right?  You just didn't grab the right link.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 09:46:44 AM »

::rockethrow::

You read it, right?  You just didn't grab the right link.

ouch! ::facepalm::

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 10:08:02 AM »
The root of the problem, like so much else, goes back to the Garden. The man neglected his leadership role, allowing the woman to make a bad decision, which broke their bond with God and set their relationship at odds. Mutual dependence ever since—men for protecting, women for domesticating—held a rough approximation of the creation order together by force. Until now, that is. Now we're dependent on the grid instead of each other. Anyone can fake independence, as long as the infrastructure holds up and the checks keep coming.

But even though we're not so obviously dependent, men and women are still connected. What God joins together is impossible to sever totally. Men need high expectations, worthy goals, respect. Women need security, approval, love. Each needs what the other can give, but if we refuse to support each other with our positives, we'll drag each other down with our negatives. If men and women don't mutually pledge their strengths, they will default to their weaknesses. The harder a woman pushes, the faster a man retreats. The more a man forfeits, the more a woman takes on. He gets lazy, she gets bitter. He turns violent, she becomes passive.

Fight Club ends with a symbolic collapse of civilization, but an actual collapse of civilization is not out of the question. Some men (especially Christian men) are waking up to their responsibility. May God wake up more and more. It's not just their wives and sons and daughters who need them; we all do.

We need to beat the crap out of the Left before they're able to finish the job.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 03:39:05 PM »
The root of the problem, like so much else, goes back to the Garden. The man neglected his leadership role, allowing the woman to make a bad decision, which broke their bond with God and set their relationship at odds. Mutual dependence ever since—men for protecting, women for domesticating—held a rough approximation of the creation order together by force. Until now, that is. Now we're dependent on the grid instead of each other. Anyone can fake independence, as long as the infrastructure holds up and the checks keep coming.

But even though we're not so obviously dependent, men and women are still connected. What God joins together is impossible to sever totally. Men need high expectations, worthy goals, respect. Women need security, approval, love. Each needs what the other can give, but if we refuse to support each other with our positives, we'll drag each other down with our negatives. If men and women don't mutually pledge their strengths, they will default to their weaknesses. The harder a woman pushes, the faster a man retreats. The more a man forfeits, the more a woman takes on. He gets lazy, she gets bitter. He turns violent, she becomes passive.

Fight Club ends with a symbolic collapse of civilization, but an actual collapse of civilization is not out of the question. Some men (especially Christian men) are waking up to their responsibility. May God wake up more and more. It's not just their wives and sons and daughters who need them; we all do.

We need to beat the crap out of the Left before they're able to finish the job.

Your wish is my command!

;)
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.