Author Topic: ***** OOTD ****** (Outrage of the Day)  (Read 2898 times)

Offline radioman

• A Regular
***** OOTD ****** (Outrage of the Day)
« on: November 05, 2011, 10:30:38 AM »

Ok, feel free to post anything you think is outrageous.

Here is my first contribution:
Fron San Diego, my favorite City too!

Victim Ordered to Pay Attacker Spousal Support

http://abcnews.go.com/US/victim-ordered-pay-attacker-spousal-support/story?id=14876268&page=2
TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Re: ***** OOTD ****** (Outrage of the Day)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 12:13:44 PM »
Here's my outrage of the day (omitting the obvious of course - Obama, Reid and Pelosi outrage me on a daily basis simply because they remain in politics!).

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/05/union-tries-to-fire-trustee-who-asked-to-audit-taxpayer-funded-account/

This incident takes place in Phoenix, Arizona at the offices of AFSCME Local 2960, where one of their trustees – charged with monitoring the prudent spending of union funds – apparently exercised the poor judgement to ask if she should be auditing where some of that money goes, specifically in the handling of a large insurance fund.

Oh, she was doing something wrong, alright. She was asking questions about how the massive insurance scheme was being administered and whether she should be seeing if everything was being run in a proper and efficient manner. The result was a series of attacks where her own union tried on multiple occasions to force her from her position as a trustee and even launched an investigation to see if they could force her from her regular, full time job. After the better part of a year she finally gave up and resigned from her position as trustee, saying she felt “beaten down” by the constant pressure and attacks.

Keep in mind that we’re not talking about funds representing dues paid by (mostly) willing members of a private labor union. These are taxpayer dollars. They have people such as Ms. Nimer in place not simply for internal housekeeping, but also to supposedly ensure that taxpayer dollars aren’t being wasted or worse. Apparently that’s all well and good… unless someone actually attempts to do their job.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:46:30 PM by BMG »
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 02:12:34 PM »
Aw jeez.  So many outrages, so little page-space.

How's this:

Occupy DC protesters tried to force entry into the Washington Convention Center on Friday, where Americans for Prosperity {Those horrible Koch brothers! - P.} is hosting their “Defending the American Dream Summit.” The protesters also formed roadblocks, surrounding the convention center and only allowing non-luxury cars to pass.

WATCH:

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/05/chaos-video/#ixzz1crLePb2F

Who decided which are luxury and which aren't, using what criteria.  Not the same, but brought to mind Mao targeting those who wore eyeglasses.

Mostly peaceful, though  ::)  nothing to see here, move along.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »
You had to be driving a Trabant to get in .

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 02:46:38 PM »
They'll have us riding rickshaws if they get their way.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline radioman

• A Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 07:46:12 AM »
Here is my outrage for the day:

Shouldn't we be pursuing policies that keep people working and not finding reasons to be firing:

Teaser:
Congressman Says Hospital Guilty of ‘Abortion Coercion’

"A New Jersey congressman accused a hospital of violating the civil rights of a dozen pro-life nurses who refused to assist in abortions, calling the decision illegal and unethical and suggested the hospital could put its federal funding at risk."

http://radio.foxnews.com//toddstarnes/top-stories/congressman-says-hospital-guilty-of-abortion-coercion.html

TGIF - "Thank God I'm Forgiven"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 08:15:22 AM »
Meryl Streep portraying Lady Margaret Thatcher with Hollyweird writers and directors and all that entails!

http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=6738

We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 08:56:35 AM »
http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/obama-i-delivered-change-you-can-believe#.TsHpFpVUQ4I.twitter

Obama: I delivered 'change you can believe in'

Yeah, but only if you're a communist...
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 10:33:02 AM »
I believe in the change Obama has delivered. Damn right I believe it. I also believe it is imperative for him to be rendered as impotent and irrelevant as if he did not exist at all.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2011, 05:16:40 PM »
Ever wonder what would happen if you could go back in time and say stop.......
Hitler.......
Stalin..........
Lenin...........
ObaMoa...........

::danceban:: Happy Days are here again! ::danceban::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 10:53:13 PM »
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/nebraska-refuses-pot-promoting-vanity-plate-aclu-sues-232451997.html

OMAHA, Neb (Reuters) - The American Civil Liberties Union is suing Nebraska's motor vehicle department for refusing to issue a personalized license plate that refers to an unofficial holiday known as National Pot Smoking Day.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline rickl

• Established Member
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
An attorney who supports marijuana legalization had requested a plate reading "NE 420", letters and numerals that refer to Nebraska and April 20, the date of the unofficial holiday.

Frank Shoemaker, the attorney from Holbrook, Nebraska, who requested the plate, is the sponsor of a petition drive for a state ballot measure next year to legalize marijuana.

Beverly Neth, director of the DMV, refused to issue the plate and said the "420" numerals were used to promote marijuana use, an illegal drug in the state.

She said the numbers were also a combination that could be associated with Adolf Hitler, who was born on April 20, 1889, and the Columbine High School massacre in Colorado, which took place on April 20, 1999.

Got that?  The number 420 means that you may secretly support Nazis and/or psychopathic killers.

The stupid.  It burns.
We are so far past and beyond the “long train of abuses and usurpations” that the Colonists and Founders experienced and which necessitated the Revolutionary War that they aren’t even visible in the rear-view mirror.
~ Ann Barnhardt

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2011, 10:11:32 AM »
http://www.jammiewf.com/2011/runaway-occu-mom-locked-up-during-ows-temper-tantrum/

The unemployed Long Island native and self-described “vegan freak” — who said she was into “unschooling” her children — had been a fixture at the protest camp since she abandoned her home in Deland and her kids, ages 7 to 17.

“I’m not planning on going home,’’ the wayward flower child had told The Post about two weeks after she joined the rabble at Zuccotti Park.

“I have no idea what the future holds, but I’m here indefinitely. Forever.”

Bizarrely, she compared her decision to leave her family to choices made by heroic members of the armed forces.

“Military people leave their families all the time,” she said.

“I’m fighting for a better world.”

This imbecile is so offensive to me on so many levels - but let me just cite the two most egregious:

1) “Military people leave their families all the time,” she said.

Sorry jerk, but you aren't even close to representing the kind of sacrifice that the military personnel have to endure...NOT EVEN CLOSE!

2) she abandoned her home in Deland and her kids, ages 7 to 17.

Abandoning her kids to participate in this orgy of filth, free sex and abject degradation is not an exercise in honor on her part. It is an exercise in self-indulgence at the expense of her kids...this display represents the height indifference that she shows toward her kids. It's beyond disgusting!

I'm glad I'm not married to an animal like this. She can only be good for 3 things - IF she can do dishes and laundry. I'm afraid I'd have to file for divorce if I was her husband...I would have filed the papers the day she left frankly. I wonder if he had/has the sense to do that?
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline warpmine

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2011, 11:02:34 AM »
http://www.jammiewf.com/2011/runaway-occu-mom-locked-up-during-ows-temper-tantrum/

The unemployed Long Island native and self-described “vegan freak” — who said she was into “unschooling” her children — had been a fixture at the protest camp since she abandoned her home in Deland and her kids, ages 7 to 17.

“I’m not planning on going home,’’ the wayward flower child had told The Post about two weeks after she joined the rabble at Zuccotti Park.

“I have no idea what the future holds, but I’m here indefinitely. Forever.”

Bizarrely, she compared her decision to leave her family to choices made by heroic members of the armed forces.

“Military people leave their families all the time,” she said.

This imbecile is so offensive to me on so many levels - but let me just cite the two most egregious:

1) “Military people leave their families all the time,” she said.

Sorry jerk, but you aren't even close to representing the kind of sacrifice that the military personnel have to endure...NOT EVEN CLOSE!

2) she abandoned her home in Deland and her kids, ages 7 to 17.

Abandoning her kids to participate in this orgy of filth, free sex and abject degradation is not an exercise in honor on her part. It is an exercise in self-indulgence at the expense of her kids...this display represents the height indifference that she shows toward her kids. It's beyond disgusting!

I'm glad I'm not married to an animal like this. She can only be good for 3 things - IF she can do dishes and laundry. I'm afraid I'd have to file for divorce if I was her husband...I would have filed the papers the day she left frankly. I wonder if he had/has the sense to do that?

If she could do retro-abortions, ther children would be dead. What a slime! ::rockethrow::
Remember, four boxes keep us free:
The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2011, 11:11:25 AM »
I'm afraid you're right Warp. She's all about self-indulgence. Once you have kinds to be concerned about, all other aspects of your life become secondary...but not to a piece of human filth such as this...

...absolutely reprehensible.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2011, 02:31:01 PM »
Ug...I know, I already posted something today! But dangit, these liberals are just pissing me off to no end.  >:(

http://www.jammiewf.com/2011/great-news-ows-to-celebrate-organic-thanksgiving-or-something/

A renowned New York chef says he’s preparing a massive, organic Thanksgiving repast for 1,000 Occupy Wall Street protesters.

The Zuccotti Park regulars will feast on 150 turkeys, 400 pounds of potatoes, 300 pounds of stuffing and 250 pounds of cranberry sauce, chef Eric Smith said Friday.

“We have a great Thanksgiving dinner planned for all the occupiers,” Smith said as he moved forward with plans for the holiday meal.

Cider and water will be served, and the former chef at Sheridan New York said he’s looking for someone to donate 300 pies.

“We hope on Thanksgiving we can bring solace to all these people,” said Smith. “Get together. Give everyone an inspirational boost. These people need a chance to rejoice. It’s been a rough two months.”

The “very traditional” meal for 1,000 demonstrators will be held far from Wall Street — perhaps even in rural Woodstock.

These a$$clowns rail against this very thing - excess (which is what the liberals scream about every Thanksgiving) - and yet, here they are partaking in that same 'excess' that they claim Thanksgiving represents. The hypocrisy is mind-numbing...
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2011, 02:42:05 PM »
1,000 protesters?  Did OWS Zuccotti Park even have that many "regulars"?

I thought the OWSers and their "suppliers" already found out what happens when free food is put out -- grifters of all stripes will show up, besides their "regular" set of grifters.  Well, it will be Thanksgiving, so maybe they don't care and the idea is to share the "excess". 
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2011, 03:40:01 PM »
Did OWS Zuccotti Park even have that many "regulars"?

Not that I'm aware of. At one point for a short period of time there was somewhere around 1,000...but the average was somewhere around 200.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2011, 06:54:30 PM »
1,000 protesters?  Did OWS Zuccotti Park even have that many "regulars"?

Doesn't matter. When you say "Free Food", the flock will come.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2011, 12:33:06 PM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/22/aclu-occupy-mn-has-right-to-unrestricted-use-of-public-property-and-free-electricity-too/

The American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota sued Hennepin County on Monday on behalf of OccupyMPLS, the protest group camping out on the Government Center Plaza in downtown Minneapolis in defiance of county rules.

The ACLU suit contends that those rules, which forbid tents and electricity, and “certain unwritten procedures enforced by the county” violate the demonstrators’ free speech rights. …

The suit asks that new rules restricting the use of chalk, electricity and tents be declared unconstitutional. The plaintiffs are also seeking an injunction against the rules, and they want the county to provide electricity for the protesters. It also asks that officials stop giving trespass notices to protesters who build temporary shelters or use chalk to express their views.

The county has said the plaza is not designed for long-term occupation and that the restrictions adopted earlier this month are needed because of health and safety concerns and increased security costs.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus