Author Topic: How much cash have you sent to the Occupy movement?  (Read 482 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
How much cash have you sent to the Occupy movement?
« on: November 05, 2011, 12:23:46 PM »
How much? Likely way more than you realize! You see, you don't have to donate to the cause to support it financially it seems...

http://www.verumserum.com/?p=32348

Turns out there are costs associated with a tent city, few of which are being picked up by the occupiers. Michelle Malkin already did an excellent column on this but that was two weeks ago and the costs continue to rise. I’m just going to put together a list of costs mentioned in the press and I’ll continue to update this over the next few weeks:

Occupy Asheville – $170,000
    Occupy Atlanta – $451,691
    Occupy Austin – $78,000
    Occupy Boston – $150,000
    Occupy Charlotte – $1,700 per day
    Occupy Denver $365,000
    Occupy LA – $45,000 plus estimated $400,000 to repair the lawn
    Occupy Minneapolis – $200,000
    Occupy New York – $3,400,000
    Occupy Oakland – $2,000,000 for police overtime alone
    Occupy Philadelphia – $500,000
    Occupy Phoenix – $200,000
    Occupy Portland – $208, 796
    Occupy Raleigh – $51, 000
    Occupy Sacramento – $300,000
    Occupy San Diego – $49,000
    Occupy San Francisco – $100,000
    Occupy Seattle – $426,000

Total: $9,111,487

Some of these numbers haven’t been updated in more than a week, so they’ll go up. And I’m sure I’ve missed a few cities. If anyone sees one that should be added, please send it or post it in the comments.

Yes, that's quite right - this list (incomplete as it is) shows that the taxpayers of the various cities where these occupiers are are on the hook for 9 mil - and this number is on the low side!
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline trapeze

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • Hippies smell bad. Go away, hippie.
Re: How much cash have you sent to the Occupy movement?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 01:58:26 PM »
I really don't have a problem with this. The OWS crowd is about as good an advertisement against liberals and their Marxist belief systems as one could possibly hope for.

Each day they seem to find a new way to lower themselves.

If there is any indication that they might be running out of money we might want to donate to them ourselves. At least through the fall of next year.

Ultimately, there will be extreme violence and riots. There is nothing like burning buildings and dead bodies to drive voters away from the Democrats.

In a doomsday scenario, hippies will be among the first casualties. So not everything about doomsday will be bad.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 02:12:57 PM »
I really don't have a problem with this. The OWS crowd is about as good an advertisement against liberals and their Marxist belief systems as one could possibly hope for.

Each day they seem to find a new way to lower themselves.

If there is any indication that they might be running out of money we might want to donate to them ourselves. At least through the fall of next year.

Ultimately, there will be extreme violence and riots. There is nothing like burning buildings and dead bodies to drive voters away from the Democrats.

Only if our republican brethern do not cave in and accept OWS as legitament...... But the story would be so much sweeter if part of the narrative was the refusal of OWS to pay for the proper permits
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 02:42:35 PM »
The entity which is the official donation site for OWS and distributes the $$ to them is the Alliance for Global Justice , a communist front organization which has acted as an organ of the Nicaraguan Sandinistas for over thirty years . So far they've collected over $500,000.00 in donations for OWS in NYC .