Author Topic: Perry rebound?  (Read 454 times)

charlesoakwood

Perry rebound?
« on: November 08, 2011, 01:02:12 AM »

Perry and gNewt are making parallel moves up in the poles and there is a Perry gNewt connection.  Very interesting.
Behind the scenes pollsters have always thought it would come down
to Perry vs Romney. Will we see the so charming at the Lincoln-Douglas
debate gNewt revert into Mr. Hyde in order to take out Perry?

Link

So when Perry shows at 11 and 10 after being at 14 on Friday, making three straight recoveries since his single-figure collapse, while Gingrich is at 13 and 12 after being at 12 on Friday, I have to conclude Rick Perry and Newt Gingrich are both in the hunt. Appropriately enough they move together, as Gingrich wrote the foreword to Perry’s book.

Forward to Fed Up!

Moving Power Back to the People

The evidence of what works and what doesn't is empirically irrefutable, yet the ideologically stubborn Keynesians in the Obama administration and the Pelosi-Reid Congress refuse to acknowledge it.  They ignore both the Texas success under Governor Perry's leadership and the Contract with America success in the 1990s.

Devolving power out of Washington is critical to our long-term survival. Rick has done a great service by explaining how we got here and what we can do about it.  His position as governor of Texas gives him a tremendous platform for helping us change course and return to sound conservative fiscal policies.  But he can't do it alone,  Every American has a duty to rein in the our-of-control federal government.  Fed Up! is you handbook. It will arm you with the facts so that you can inform your family friends, and neighbors.  An informed citizenry is the best tool we have in the arsenal to defend our Republic.
                                               Newt Gingrich, August 2010

Can Rick Perry Rebound With A Flat Tax?

@3:12
A president can do two things very powerfully, he can help create an environment, because that's what I've done as the governor of the state of Texas over the last ten years.  The government doesn't create jobs.  I don't walk around and tell people I've created X numbers of jobs in the state of Texas.  I tell people that I was engaged with the legislature and understand instinctively that government doesn't create jobs, that government can create an environment where those entrepreneurs know they can risk their capital an have a chance to have a return on investment.  That's what the President of the United States needs to do. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Perry rebound?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 07:10:48 AM »
Perry's got a lot of work to do if he hopes to make any move in this race...step one would be to stop the AlGore robot impersonation and start showing some fire in the belly and some sense in the head!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 08:55:59 AM »
Perry's got a lot of work to do if he hopes to make any move in this race...step one would be to stop the AlGore robot impersonation and start showing some fire in the belly and some sense in the head!

An illegal immigration attitude would help.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 09:13:15 AM »

step one would be to stop the AlGore robot impersonation and start showing some fire in the belly

Yup.
Alan West when asked to pick a candidate said there are some good
candidates but they need to step out of their "comfort zone" and go for it.
The writer's opinion was that he was talking about Perry.  The marquee
build up to Perry's announcement was unrealistic but he's got to get out there,
take some hits (not self inflicted) and rebound.