Author Topic: Coalition of Conservatives Launches "Not Mitt Romney"  (Read 442 times)

charlesoakwood

Coalition of Conservatives Launches "Not Mitt Romney"
« on: November 07, 2011, 11:45:44 PM »

Coalition of Conservatives Launches
“Not Mitt Romney” Effort in Early States
New Web Site with Petition, Web Ad
and Publishes Iowa and NH Op Eds
MYRTLE BEACH, SC — Today conservative activists, operatives and bloggers are announcing the formation of a new “Not Mitt Romney” (NMR) coalition dedicated to preventing Romney from winning the Republican nomination.

Nominee

http://notmittromney.com/press/coalition-of-conservatives-launches-not-mitt-romney-effort-in-early-states/]http://notmittromney.com/press/coalition-of-conservatives-launches-not-mitt-romney-effort-in-early-states/

Three of the coalition’s cofounders had a guest column published in the Des Moines Register on Sunday, “Conservative Iowans owe it to Nation to Reject Mitt.” They also had a guest column published in today’s New Hampshire Union Leader.

NotMittRomney.com

Offline IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: Coalition of Conservatives Launches "Not Mitt Romney"
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 02:25:02 AM »
I thought this was a good stand-alone thread Charles, so I split it from the other one.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 06:04:21 AM »
This is ridiculous . If they mean "Anybody but Mitt" then say so ! If they have an alternative then name him/her . I've pitched my tent in the "Anybody but Stymie" camp . I'm willing to vote for a candidate who represents only 75% of what I want because I can deal with the shortcoming later . Anything can happen in the next three or four months .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 07:24:15 AM »
I'm sure the second half of that equation comes into play as the results roll in SH.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.