Author Topic: Romney Will Be The Nominee  (Read 2620 times)

charlesoakwood

Romney Will Be The Nominee
« on: November 08, 2011, 08:24:32 AM »

Red flags from Red State. This article reads like a dime novel (hot and fast).  If you have a weak heart skip this or take appropriate medication before reading.  Also remove sharp objects or objects that can be thrown against the wall from the general area. 

Newt Gingrich will not be the nominee because, despite his daughter’s rebuttals to the horror stories of how Gingrich divorced his first of three wives, Jackie Gingrich told the Washington Post on January 3, 1985, “He walked out in the spring of 1980 and I returned to Georgia. By September, I went into the hospital for my third surgery. The two girls came to see me, and said Daddy is downstairs and could he come up? When he got there, he wanted to discuss the terms of the divorce while I was recovering from the surgery.”

Gingrich went on to cheat on the second wife with the third. Regardless of the actual facts or even the spin, he won’t win women.

I’ve been reading the 200 pages of single spaced opposition research from the John McCain campaign on Mitt Romney. There is no issue I can find on which Mitt Romney has not taken both sides. He is neither liberal nor conservative. He is simply unprincipled. The man has no core beliefs other than in himself. You want him to be tough? He’ll be tough. You want him to be sensitive? He’ll be sensitive. You want him to be for killing the unborn? He’ll go all in on abortion rights until he wants to run for an office where it is not in his advantage.

Link

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Romney Will Be The Nominee
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 11:03:07 AM »
Why Conservatism Will Die

Conservatism is already dying. Republicans on Capitol Hill are about to raise taxes on the American people with this Super Committee, but they’ll say they are just “raising revenue,” not taxes. Conservatives will give them a pass as they have on virtually every other major issue. Conservatives keep giving passes to people who shouldn’t be given passes because conservative in Washington have been there so long, they’d much rather get invited to the cocktail parties and avoid awkward encounters.

Washington, D.C. conservatives will also rally around Mitt Romney, just as they kept doing over and over and over with George W. Bush even after steel tariffs in Pennsylvania, No Child Left Behind, Medicare Part D, the GM Bailout, and TARP. At some point the public will cease taking conservatives seriously when the most prominent conservatives — those in Washington who pose as the faces, voices, and writers of the conservative movement at large, keep throwing their lot in with a guy who keeps selling out the very principles conservatives claim to hold dear.

Some conservatives, of course, will not go all in for Romney. These conservatives will be blamed by major Republican and “conservative” mouth pieces for not doing enough to help Mitt Romney. They will be alienated, blamed, and made the scapegoat for the failures of the establishment GOP.

But there is something else too — Mitt Romney is winning the nomination without conservative help. The only time he pays conservatives any attention is when they cry loud enough that the media takes notice and Romney decides the story needs to go away. Once he is the nominee, it will be all about wooing the independents.

Hell, he can give the base Marco Rubio as the veep nominee, just like McCain did with Palin — a token for the base. But don’t delude yourself into thinking he will seriously take conservatives seriously. He got the nomination without them and he’ll only use them when it is opportunistically convenient for him.

Conservatism itself will not really die. But it might as well be dead as even conservatives in the heartland of the country stop taking Washington conservatives seriously.
The Contrast To Be Drawn

It is striking to me that in 2012 there is broad based popular angst against Wall Street and Washington and the Republican Party is on the verge of nominating a multi-millionaire scion of the Rockefeller Wing of the Republican Party whose closest encounters with the common man are accidentally touching one of the many hired hands in one of the many rooms of one of his many mansions. But then many of the DC-NYC Republican “conservatives” who support Romney are the same, only coming into contact with regular people when they are served their breakfast by a steward in the first class car on the Acela Express.

Neither Romney nor the Washington GOP crowd who loves him have very much at all in common with fly over country conservatives who see the GOP and Democrats both as out to lunch tools of K-Street and Wall Street. The party that could lead a conservative, populist campaign against Wall Street and Barack Obama, the former getting fat off the latter, will instead nominate a guy more at home on Wall Street than Main Street.

There are conservatives and then there are "conservatives", and Erickson's made a muddle by not clearly and consistently delineating one from the other.  The "establishment GOP" is not conservative, and their supporters are not conservative, they're liberal Republicans, otherwise known as RINOs, and that includes the "conservative" mouthpieces and pundits.

Is he confirming the TEA Party-elected conservatives have been co-opted by the E-GOP?  I can't tell, and I don't know that they have.  There have been complaints voiced that "we" sent them to the House and they've done nothing, but I know the House has passed at least 15 pieces of legislation that would assist the private sector in job creation and they now sit in the Senate, gathering cobwebs.

Is Erickson calling Boehner a "DC 'conservative'"?  I can't tell -- he didn't specify by name -- but he's definitely an E-GOP problem; once he decided to complicate a House vote on repeal of Obamacare, that was plain.

But, I get it; Erickson believes Romney will be foisted on us and, therefore, we're doomed.

SSDD
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 11:31:10 AM »
Dang good analysis Pan, I'd say you've got it dialed in.

And if Romney is forced on us, then it is entirely likely Obama will be returned to the White House.  I have to believe of all the major candidates, he relishes a Romney match up more thatn any other.

I'm so tired of this tragically repetetive dance!

All we are doing is circling the drain...

And some days it seems unavoidable...

::gaah::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 11:46:40 AM »
Erickson's policy at RedState is "Conservative in the primary; Republican in the general."

Well Erick, you are now choking on the applied results your own policy. Bile doesn't taste very good, does it?
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:03:05 PM »

Wouldn't D.C. conservatives be the neo-cons such as Krauthammer and Kristol?

I'm not clear on the term, E-GOP.  It's a new one for me.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 12:26:33 PM »

Wouldn't D.C. conservatives be the neo-cons such as Krauthammer and Kristol?

I'm not clear on the term, E-GOP.  It's a new one for me.

Yah, sorry; I coined it as "shorthand" for "Establishment GOP".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 12:48:41 PM »

Of course! (I can't believe I didn't get that)  ::doh::
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 05:37:49 PM »

Of course! (I can't believe I didn't get that)  ::doh::
That makes two of us IDP and as far as Romney goes if what he is saying were true how do you explain the 2010 Mid-Terms?
I think he doth protest to much.  ::pokeineye::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 07:59:24 PM »
If romney is the nominee and defeats obama....he will be a one termer because the tea party elective will hold his feet to the fire and the media will spend 4 years belaboring the point republicans are obstructionists and can't even support with thier own president.

It will be a blood bath every day in print.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 08:10:16 PM »

I think he and the Tea Party folks are copacetic.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 08:16:58 PM »

To clarify:  you are of the opinion that TEA Party folks are not opposed to the Mittster?

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 08:18:00 PM »

Seriously?

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 08:21:35 PM »

1:14  ...they're doing nothing more than killing jobs.
               It is a cemetary for jobs at the E P A. 

Rick Perry's Tea Party Speech
9/12/11

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 08:25:14 PM »
That's Perry, not Romney.  Some clarification would be appreciated with regard to your remark about the TEA Party folks.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 08:27:43 PM »
I agree, the Tea party will embrace Perry....Not romney.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 08:31:41 PM »
I agree, the Tea party will embrace Perry....Not romney.

Maybe.  Not disputing that at this time. Charles' vid is of Perry, not Romney; that's what I'm trying to clear up here.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 08:34:09 PM »

Don, mentioned Perry and the Tea Party and it went from there.

ETA: I need glasses.

::falldownshocked::
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 08:37:33 PM by Charles Oakwood »

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 08:37:59 PM »
No, I posted if romney was the nominee and beat obama.....

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 08:42:48 PM »

Don, mentioned Perry and the Tea Party and it went from there.

ETA: I need glasses.

::falldownshocked::

No blood, no report, Charles.

Glad you clarified.  And to be honest, a few of us are sighing in relief that it's you, not us.   ;D

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 08:44:14 PM »
Well, something got lost in the translation. I think Charles is right - Perry could still garner the trust of the Tea Party folks. But so far, it looks as if his careless comments about immigration and his poor debate performances have left a lasting impression, and not a good one.

Romney? He'll be lucky to get endorsed by any group to the right of the GOP.

- Thomas Jefferson