Author Topic: Romney Will Be The Nominee  (Read 2700 times)

charlesoakwood

Re: Romney Will Be The Nominee
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »

Romney  will be the nominee unless conservatives do not allow
themselves to be divided.  Right action is a great burden.  It is
necessary to unify behind one candidate.  He must not only be
a good choice but he must qualify to run the post primary gauntlet
and get elected.

Newt, tonight on Fox gave a left handed OK to climate change saying,
the majority of scientists on WhatEver committee thought it was real. 
He is a genius and he's too smart by 1/2.  And undependable too.

Cain, is a total wildcard.  We don't know how he will fare with congress.
His schemes are more from the heart than technically functional.
He shoots from the lip and overloads it.  And ...

Perry, the best exposition is how his state has fared vs the other states.
He is a man of his word and he holds no grudges when he makes stupid
mistakes and is called on it.

Nobody else comes to mind. 

It's Perry or Cain who will garner the 36% base.  For the other candidates
the base will stay home.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 04:57:28 AM »
Just one problem ... Neither Perry or Cain can beat Stymie .

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
  • "No morn ever dawned more favorable than ours did;
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 09:53:10 AM »
It was all a forgone conclusion. Mitt Romney the next Republican Nominee for President. Why? Simply it was his turn, and being moderate like butter, he will do nicely for the Establishment Republican Party. Just like Ten Little Indians, the prospects were eliminated. Now cheer up, Romney will come real close to defeating Obama, just like in Horse Shoes! ::bashing::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 10:52:43 AM »
Just one problem ... Neither Perry or Cain can beat Stymie .

Cain can win handily if he puts this "scandal" down, which is beginning to look like
a fools errand on from the left, and stops stepping on his tongue.  He will get at least
30% of the black vote which will offset other lost votes.  This will also create an
attraction/interest in Republicanism and allow others to come "out of the closet" which
will be a long time win for conservatism.

Perry is very good on the stump, has a plan an a record to back it up. His border plan is
the most thought out and functional of all proposals.  It will be necessary for Perry to
effectively educate people that fences are a farce.  The "doesn't have a heart" crap will
be his biggest obstacle.  - Possibly, if he faces the nation and in apology says it was the
stupid thing I've ever said, he may be forgiven. - However he does it, he's got to recover
from that.

ETA: Perry's burdens are those he's created between himself and the base which is a
bigger negative in the primary than the national.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 11:28:15 AM »
The problem as I see it, the Republican brand made such a stink about the Tea Party when their message took off, made the Tea Party back off somewhat. With the incessant Liberal Media pounding and pounding, them, they became dormant somewhat. Now Romney is on the road to the Nomination, and doesn't really look like anyone is going to stop him. Then, Romney will come real close to defeating Obama, real close. If the Tea Party had stayed true to course, the threat of a new Conservative Party would have kept an attractive true Conservative like Sarah Palin in the running. 

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 11:43:07 AM »
Many feckless Repub's led by the nose by Ruling Class operatives like The Butthead, have antagonized the Tea Party movement and its supporters, the correct response is to target every feckless Repub up for reelection in the primary if possible and in the general if necessary.  This is primarily a congressional targeting mission, I don't think many members thought the Tea Party needed a particular horse in the POTUS stakes, they'd weigh in primary day and see what happens.  I think their attention all along has been on congressional races.  However, I think a real opportunity to nationalize the elections was missed, twice.  First, by Palin not jumping in, second by Bachmann failing to stick to Tea Party principles when she began morphing into a politician.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 11:54:54 AM »
Many feckless Repub's led by the nose by Ruling Class operatives like The Butthead, have antagonized the Tea Party movement and its supporters, the correct response is to target every feckless Repub up for reelection in the primary if possible and in the general if necessary.  This is primarily a congressional targeting mission, I don't think many members thought the Tea Party needed a particular horse in the POTUS stakes, they'd weigh in primary day and see what happens.  I think their attention all along has been on congressional races.  However, I think a real opportunity to nationalize the elections was missed, twice.  First, by Palin not jumping in, second by Bachmann failing to stick to Tea Party principles when she began morphing into a politician.

Bachmann was not ready for prime time. She got a thrill up her leg by Palin and took it to far. A great Congressional Republicans who works tirelessly for her constituents, but that is where she should have left it. I am not sure, with the free fall the Republican Party is in, if Sarah Palin should maybe offer herself up as an Alternative? I know I know she would just take votes from the Conservative side! ::gaah:: ::angry:: ::bashing::

charlesoakwood

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2011, 12:05:55 PM »

Articles have said Palin has lost her clout, I disagree. 
She still has the full faith and respect from conservatives
and Tea Party.  She's not lost mine and not a soul's here.
Why should she have lost it with any of the group?

She is waiting for the moment where her voice will be
most effective, she understands the dynamics of the
new political realities better than most.  She will speak
out. She will endorse a candidate.

If she and Rubio and DeMint all endorse the same man
it will be a big boost to his potential win.  It would virtually
insure a Florida win.

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 12:18:47 PM »

insure a Florida win.

Also, with the advent of who we have as Candidates now, Sarah Palin would look like a Hero. I really feel in my Heart, no one running could win against the onslaught brought on by Obama and the Mainstream Media. I am convinced, we true blooded Conservatives have been sold down the river!

Offline AmericanPatriot

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 12:19:41 PM »
DeMint said the other day he's not endorsing anyone

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 12:19:46 PM »

insure a Florida win.

So true. The media would love for Palin to be ineffective.....She is still the 800 pound grizzly in the room and an endorsement with a few choice conservatives would change the dynamics and polls overnite.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2011, 12:20:56 PM »

He must dispise the field.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2011, 12:49:18 PM »

Sen. Jim DeMint doesn’t think people much care about his presidential endorsement (“I don’t like the suggestion that there’s lots of people out there waiting for me to tell them how to vote,” he says).

The most disappointed GOP contender may be Mitt Romney, who received De­Mint’s endorsement in 2008 and could have used the senator’s support to woo skeptical conservatives this time around. Why did DeMint decide not to endorse Romney again? “It’s a different race, different people in it, different time for our country,” he said, adding, “I would be very comfortable supporting any of .?.?. [our candidates] for president.”

Note that DeMint leaves himself a little wiggle room. When asked why, he said, “As we get into next year, if we have two at the top and one is clearly the conservative and one’s not .?.?. I might look at it again. But my commitment right now is to stay out of it.”

The reason he is staying out, DeMint said, is that “I’ve got to keep my focus on electing conservatives to the Senate who are going to come in here and help us change the spending culture and help our new president turn the country around.” The tipping point for DeMint came last week, when he watched 32 of his Republican colleagues vote with Democrats to kill an amendment offered by Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.) to cut $1 billion from the Rural Development Agency, while 11 Republicans voted with Democrats against eliminating a paltry $6 million in funding for the Small Community Air Service Development Program. “I’ve realized over the last week, as I’ve seen how some of the votes were cast in the Senate, [that] we had some Republicans who were going to resist any cuts in programs.”

The lesson, DeMint said, is that while conservatives have made progress in the Senate, “We’re not there yet. We just need some more numbers.” He said he believes his role in 2012 is to unite conservatives behind the right candidates in critical Senate races. Notwithstanding last week’s votes, De­Mint said, he is optimistic and believes conservatives are on the verge of reaching “critical mass” in the Senate. The arrival of newly elected conservatives has “brought out the best in 20 others” in the GOP conference. If he can help elect five or eight more like them in 2012, DeMint said, it “would give us a conservative consensus — a critical mass of conservatives .?.?. who understand the mandate and the necessity of actually devolving the role of the federal government.”

Another reason for his decision, DeMint said, is that staying out of the presidential primaries will give him greater freedom to hold the next president’s feet to the fire, if a Republican wins in 2012. “I’m not going to be beholden to anyone,” DeMint said. He will lay out conservative principles during the campaign, and “if a candidate wins and is not doing those things, then I think I have a good platform to challenge that president to be true to what America elected us to do.”

DeMint said he believes that getting conservatives elected to the Senate could mean the difference between success and failure for whoever succeeds President Obama. “I want to do better for our next president than we did for George Bush,” he said. Bush “had a Congress that wanted to spend money, and if he wanted anything done, he had to agree to that spending .?. .?. I want our next president to have a strong conservative Senate that can push them in the right direction rather than the wrong direction. ”

I could have paraphrased, but I looked for the link.

So, there we are; three excellent reasons and I believe the last two apply as well to why he declined to throw his hat into the presidential race this go 'round.  He knows without a strong, conservative -- CONSERVATIVE -- congress, he'll accomplish nothing from the WH.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2011, 01:00:17 PM »
Thanks for the post Pan.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2011, 01:18:04 PM »
My pleasure and you're welcome.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2011, 01:51:48 PM »

Quite frankly, there isn't anyone to endorse, and he knows it! What seemed as a given in 2010, has turned into a lot of doubt right now.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2011, 04:57:32 PM »
Perhaps this is all a necessary turn of events. We've been trying for decades to make the GOP into the party of limited, constitutional government. With a few notable stalwarts on one side but lots more who give meaningless lip-service on the other, the GOP has stubbornly resisted these efforts. Even now, as the country is noticeably, palpably in a state of decline with alarm bells ringing everywhere they still stubbornly resist.

Why is this perhaps a necessary turn of events? Because it's time for the GOP to die. It's time for it to go the way of its Whig antecedents. This has the potential to be the stake through its heart and it's probably necessary. At this point the GOP is not even an uncomfortable, timid ally, it's an outright impediment. A roadblock. It's time for it to go away. Seriously, a minority with determination and guts in Congress could accomplish more in the service of limited government than a majority of these spineless cowards. The GOP has been kept on life support for quite some time now due to one thing in particular, and that's the mantra that going 3rd party or not voting only gifts the election to the Democrats. Well when the Grand Old Party finally goes to the Grand Old Glue Factory, that argument will no longer hold water. The GOP will be the 3rd party, if at all.

I honestly hold them in greater contempt than I do the Democrats. They've had ample opportunity to check the rampant infection of our entire culture, and they have consistently dropped the ball with cop-outs like "this is not the hill to die on". Well, here we are. Great job you treasonous snakes.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2011, 05:29:37 PM »
  Hell the only improvement is that McCain isn't running.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2011, 07:12:59 PM »
  Hell the only improvement is that McCain isn't running.

A negligible improvement at that.  What's the saying?  "Thank God for small Mercies"?  We're faced with Romney instead, so smaaaaaalll indeed

Offline jpatrickham

• A Regular
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2011, 07:33:32 PM »
Perhaps this is all a necessary turn of events. We've been trying for decades to make the GOP into the party of limited, constitutional government. With a few notable stalwarts on one side but lots more who give meaningless lip-service on the other, the GOP has stubbornly resisted these efforts. Even now, as the country is noticeably, palpably in a state of decline with alarm bells ringing everywhere they still stubbornly resist.

Why is this perhaps a necessary turn of events? Because it's time for the GOP to die. It's time for it to go the way of its Whig antecedents. This has the potential to be the stake through its heart and it's probably necessary. At this point the GOP is not even an uncomfortable, timid ally, it's an outright impediment. A roadblock. It's time for it to go away. Seriously, a minority with determination and guts in Congress could accomplish more in the service of limited government than a majority of these spineless cowards. The GOP has been kept on life support for quite some time now due to one thing in particular, and that's the mantra that going 3rd party or not voting only gifts the election to the Democrats. Well when the Grand Old Party finally goes to the Grand Old Glue Factory, that argument will no longer hold water. The GOP will be the 3rd party, if at all.

I honestly hold them in greater contempt than I do the Democrats. They've had ample opportunity to check the rampant infection of our entire culture, and they have consistently dropped the ball with cop-outs like "this is not the hill to die on". Well, here we are. Great job you treasonous snakes.

The last forum I was on, saying anything about a Third Party was a death sentence. The problem is, it's a true statement. The only way to kill Liberalism is to kill the Republican brand first.