Author Topic: Romney Will Be The Nominee  (Read 2701 times)

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
Re: Romney Will Be The Nominee
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2011, 07:42:50 PM »
Perhaps this is all a necessary turn of events. We've been trying for decades to make the GOP into the party of limited, constitutional government. With a few notable stalwarts on one side but lots more who give meaningless lip-service on the other, the GOP has stubbornly resisted these efforts. Even now, as the country is noticeably, palpably in a state of decline with alarm bells ringing everywhere they still stubbornly resist.

Why is this perhaps a necessary turn of events? Because it's time for the GOP to die. It's time for it to go the way of its Whig antecedents. This has the potential to be the stake through its heart and it's probably necessary. At this point the GOP is not even an uncomfortable, timid ally, it's an outright impediment. A roadblock. It's time for it to go away. Seriously, a minority with determination and guts in Congress could accomplish more in the service of limited government than a majority of these spineless cowards. The GOP has been kept on life support for quite some time now due to one thing in particular, and that's the mantra that going 3rd party or not voting only gifts the election to the Democrats. Well when the Grand Old Party finally goes to the Grand Old Glue Factory, that argument will no longer hold water. The GOP will be the 3rd party, if at all.

I honestly hold them in greater contempt than I do the Democrats. They've had ample opportunity to check the rampant infection of our entire culture, and they have consistently dropped the ball with cop-outs like "this is not the hill to die on". Well, here we are. Great job you treasonous snakes.

The last forum I was on, saying anything about a Third Party was a death sentence. The problem is, it's a true statement. The only way to kill Liberalism is to kill the Republican brand first.

'
 The problem is that you just can't kill it,but you can slowly chocke the living shyt out of it in the voting booth. It takes longer but in the end you get to where you need to be.
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
Re: Romney Will Be The Nominee
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2011, 07:18:13 AM »
I don't know if we have the time, but I have to pass it somehow, so might as well spend it doing the right thing!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.