Author Topic: Another Friday ObamCare™ Waiver Dump - now over 1000 waivers  (Read 1336 times)

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
If this powergrab is so damned wonderful, then why is the government handing out waivers to those who plead for them?

Number of healthcare reform law waivers climbs above 1,000

The number of temporary healthcare reform waivers granted by the Obama administration to organizations climbed to more than 1,000, according to new numbers disclosed by the Department of Health and Human Services.

HHS posted 126 new waivers on Friday, bringing the total to 1,040 organizations that have been granted a one-year exemption from a new coverage requirement included in the healthcare reform law enacted almost a year ago. Waivers have become a hot-button issue for Republicans, eager to expose any vulnerabilities in the reform law....

<snip>

..."We don't want to take away people's health insurance before they have some realistic other choices,” HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said in an interview with The Hill earlier this year.

More at The Hill...

My follow up question: "So you admit then, that your eventual goal is to take away people's health insurance once the government has some "other realistic choices" in place?"

Of course, that question will never be asked.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 07:54:33 PM by IronDioPriest »
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Re: Another Friday ObamCare™ Waiver Dump - now over 1000 waivers
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 09:21:33 PM »
..."We don't want to take away people's health insurance before they have some realistic other choices,” HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius said in an interview with The Hill earlier this year.

One would be tempted to *think* she is referring to the "state-run insurance exchanges" due in 2014; I choose to believe she means government-supplied "health" non-care as the only other realistic "choice".
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 05:45:21 AM »
Kathleen Sebelius is a lying , liberal piece of dog crap just like her lying , liberal piece of dog crap father , former Ohio governor John Gilligan .

I hope I'm not being too strident .

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 06:52:29 AM »
Stop holding back SH!

::stirpot::

;D

FOO (friends of obama) are dominating the opt out list, big shock.

But still The Regime acts as though this illegal piece of legislation isn't illegal!

Tell Obama & Sebelius and the rest of the criminals that AMERICA HAS OPTED OUT OF OBAMACARE ENTIRELY!!!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline Glock32

• Conservative Superhero
  • Get some!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 12:05:10 PM »
Yeah, so much for Equal Protection. The law applies to you unless you have a cozy business relationship with the White House.
"The Fourth Estate is less honorable than the First Profession."

- Yours Truly