Author Topic: Obama's new tax .......  (Read 3161 times)

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
Obama's new tax .......
« on: November 08, 2011, 09:08:41 PM »
Check Drudge >> http://www.drudgereport.com/  .. right now; go, GO!

Headline:  "Obama's New Christmas Tree Tax

In the interest of supporting "a new Federal program to improve the image and marketing of Christmas trees.", a 15 cent tax on the sale of each tree.

I can't even say what I want to say or I'd have to ban myself.

But I will say this:  this is a majority Christian country which, therefore, celebrates Christmas.  We don't need a new Federal program for marketing Christmas trees.  What we need is a tax on goats, purchased for slaughter at the end of Ramadan and the celebration of Eid.  Or whatthehellever the 'slims have labeled their sh*t.

Plus, who gave him the fcking authority to levy a tax ON ANYTHING for ANY PURPOSE??!
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Obama's new tax .......
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 09:15:53 PM »

In the interest of supporting "a new Federal program to improve the image and marketing of Christmas trees.", a 15 cent tax on the sale of each tree.

I can't even say what I want to say or I'd have to ban myself.

But I will say this:  this is a majority Christian country which, therefore, celebrates Christmas.  We don't need a new Federal program for marketing Christmas trees.  What we need is a tax on goats, purchased for slaughter at the end of Ramadan and the celebration of Eid.  Or whatthehellever the 'slims have labeled their sh*t.

Plus, who gave him the fcking authority to levy a tax ON ANYTHING for ANY PURPOSE??!

Surely this is some sort of joke. To improve the image and marketing?
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 09:18:50 PM »
IDK what the mudslime-in-chief has in mind, but I'll bet you a dollar it has nothing to do with CHRISTmas trees. ::gaah:: ::cussing::
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 09:22:12 PM »
obama is surely confused.......someone needs to inform him the date of christmas.
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 09:39:19 PM »
The agriculture department has no authority to tax.
"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 09:41:07 PM »

Well, he's the King, WTF do you think? 

When you hear surf's up you misunderstand, he said serf's up, now stand up and salute.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 09:47:19 PM »
Aw gee!  Missed the significance!  I'll certainly stand up, as a serf an' all ................

charlesoakwood

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 10:28:31 PM »

http://weaselzippers.us/2011/11/08/caesar-obama-hath-issued-a-decree-taxing-all-christmas-trees/

“And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.” — Luke 2:1

http://blog.heritage.org/2011/11/08/obama-couldnt-wait-his-new-christmas-tree-tax/
    (The Foundry) — President Obama’s Agriculture Department today announced that it will impose a new 15-cent charge on all fresh Christmas trees — the Christmas Tree Tax — to support a new Federal program to improve the image and marketing of Christmas trees.

In the Federal Register of November 8, 2011, Acting Administrator of Agricultural Marketing David R. Shipman announced that the Secretary of Agriculture will appoint a Christmas Tree Promotion Board. ...

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 10:31:30 PM »

Rendering Unto Caesar (Part 1)

Posted by Ann Barnhardt - November 6, AD 2011 11:16 PM MST

And now, ladies and gentlemen, is the hour in which the full and hideous scope of the horror that dares call itself “modern, Western Christianity” is revealed. After announcing my Federal tax strike, I have been overrun with sickening, nauseating email after email telling me that for me to enjoin a tax strike is “immoral”, “unchristian”, “contrary to scripture”, “pointless”, “a waste” and all the rest. To everyone who has sent such an email, and you know who you are, there are not words to express the depth of my disgust. I am ashamed – yes ASHAMED – of every single one of you. Your cowardice, your failure to grasp even the most rudimentary concepts of Christianity, starting first and foremost with the First Commandment, but most especially the shallowness of your discernment, is repellant to behold. Super-fun rockband church and “Pastor Jason” with his bee-ess six-minute sermons about ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has cleared the battlefield for satan in a war of attrition that would make William Tecumseh Sherman blush with shame. And let’s not forget that other tool of satan which has sent every other clergyman pecker-down in the dirt to lick the hooves, wet with the liquid manure of political correctness and the running blood of the unborn, of the federal government in utter submission: the 501(c)(3) exemption.

Here’s your catechetics and civics lesson for the week. “Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s” is NOT a release from the First Commandment. I had one guy email me and tell me that Jesus will not hold any of us responsible for any of the abortions in this country because we JUST HAVE to pay taxes and we have absolutely no choice in the matter. Bullsh*t. First, what the hell do you think is happening right now? Boys and girls, you are going to be held to account for sitting by and subsidizing the holocaust of the preborn. This country is being brought down as punishment for the genocide that every one of is is partially responsible for. Secondly, apparently you all have been brainwashed into believing that the I.R. fricking-S. is the most powerful entity in the universe, and that being condemned by the IRS is the worst and most permanent fate in the universe and in the realm of humanity. In other words, YOU IDIOTS WORSHIP THE I.R.S. ABOVE GOD. YOU FEAR THE I.R.S., BUT DO NOT FEAR GOD, HIS JUDGEMENT OR HIS WRATH IN THE SLIGHTEST. And you call yourselves Christian? Really?

Now let’s think logically. The words, “Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s; and render unto the Lord that which is the Lord’s” have as a direct corollary the asking of a question. What is that question? Come on. Think. You can do this. The question is, what rightfully belongs to Caesar and what rightfully belongs to God? The God part is easy. EVERYTHING belongs to God. Uh-oh. Now we have a mathematical conundrum, don’t we? If we believe in God, and we believe in the First Commandment, then “Caesar” is truly OWED nothing. We can CONSENT to pay taxes in a spirit of truth, justice, solidarity and freedom, but only if those four specific ends are served by our taxes. Let’s go through each of the four:

TRUTH: Barack Obama is a usurper. He is constitutionally ineligible to hold the office of the presidency, and he knows this, the entire Congress knows this, the entire upper-echelon of the military knows this, the entire intelligence community knows this, and the SCOTUS knows this. Barack Obama is an enemy of the United States, who is in a state of open, declared war upon it, its constitution and its people. This is the absence of truth. We are being “led” by a human lie, backed by an entire government of oath-breaking liars. Therefore, the government is illegitimate and has forfeited its licitness.

JUSTICE: The Rule of Law is effectively dead. From the presence of Obama himself in the White House, to the lawless Department of Justice, to Fast & Furious, to Solyndra, to the unconstitutional “czars” and “executive orders”, to the Federal Reserve, this is a society ruled by a government of men, not laws. When government is ruled by men and not laws, the determining criterion of how government relates to people becomes brute force of arms and violent coercion, and not transcendent truth. We are utterly deprived of justice by the government itself, and thus the federal government has forfeited its legitimacy.

SOLIDARITY: The government is inciting both race-centered, age-centered and class-based antagonism and violence. In declaring pre-born children non-human, a genocide has been legally sanctioned that has cost 50 million lives AND COUNTING. ObamaCare is poised to exterminate the elderly by determining that their lives are not worth living. The government is consciously and expressly trying to break down solidarity amongst citizens along race and class lines, and in that action it forfeits its legitimacy.

FREEDOM: From ObamaCare, to the TSA, to the forced acceptance of sexual perversions, to forced “political correctness”, to the overt support of Sharia law and muslim sedition, to the destruction of the Free Exercise and Equal Protection clauses, this government is working consciously and overtly against fundamental human freedom, and has thus forfeited its legitimacy.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 10:33:19 PM »

Rendering Unto Caesar (Part 2)
Posted by Ann Barnhardt - November 6, AD 2011 11:15 PM MST

1-2-3-4. I don’t owe Caesar a damn thing, and it is now to the point where the continued subsidizing of this utterly lawless and illegitimate government puts me in violation of the

First Commandment by forcing me to break God’s Law in order to follow the laws of the state; the

Second Commandment by punishing and imprisoning my fellow citizens (See Lakin, LTC Terry) who attempt to uphold their sworn oaths, and by forcing me to subsidize a government that is, to the man, populated by oathbreakers; the

Fourth Commandment by actively and consciously destroying the family, discouraging right-ordered marriage through the welfare state, legislating perverted “false marriage” paradigms, facilitating the murder of children by their parents, and pitting society against their parents by encouraging or even mandating euthanasia via ObamaCare; the

Fifth Commandment through the “legally sanctioned” and forced taxpayer subsidizing of the holocaust of preborn children; the

Sixth Commandment through the forced “legalization” of homosexual faux-marriage and the discouragement of chastity and marriage itself via the welfare state; the

Seventh Commandment via the coerced involuntary confiscation of private property, the illegal nullification of contracts by the federal government, and the stirring-up of envy and the sense of entitlement to the property of others; the

Eighth Commandment by forcing me to subsidize and give my tacit approval to the lie of Barack Obama’s presidency and the fundamental dishonesty of the Eric Holder Department of Justice; and the

Tenth Commandment by forcing me to subsidize a government that is built on a premise of and is attempting to fully convert to a system based wholly upon coveting the property of one’s neighbor.

We’re batting .800. Enough is enough. You CANNOT subsidize this government and still claim that God is “first” in your life. It is mathematically, metaphysically and morally impossible. You must choose your allegiances NOW. You must NOW choose who or what it is that you truly worship. Do you worship God or do you worship your wealth? Here’s a simple litmus test for you: are you or are you not willing to give up all of your wealth in bearing witness to God in His Truth? If the answer is no, then stop calling yourself a Christian, because you very simply are not. If you don’t like people speaking the truth to you like this, I’m sure “pastor Jason” will be very happy to lie to you and dry your tears with the rockband playing proudly behind him.

If you don’t want to take my word for it, that is fine. Here is paragraph 2242 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, which cites the Tribute episode as the ratification of civil disobedience:

The citizen is obliged in conscience not to follow the directives of civil authorities when
    they are contrary to the demands of the moral order, to the fundamental rights of persons
    or the teachings of the Gospel. Refusing obedience to civil authorities, when their demands
    are contrary to those of an upright conscience, finds its justification in the distinction
    between serving God and serving the political community. "Render therefore to Caesar the
    things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." "We must obey God rather
    than men."
    -CCC #2242

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 10:33:27 PM »
Oh yeah!  That was yesterday.  Wait until she gets a load of the Christmas Tree tax.  Or not.  Maybe she'll denounce it as a pagan symbol of no import.  Never can really tell which way Ann will go.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 10:33:59 PM »

Rendering Unto Caesar (Part 3)
Posted by Ann Barnhardt - November 6, AD 2011 11:10 PM MST
Now to the question of imprisonment and even execution. Again, I can not understand how Christendom has become so monstrously illiterate. “Oh Ann, you can’t do any good in prison”, and “leave the pointless martyrdom to the muslims”.

HOW. DARE. YOU. How DARE you piss all over the true Christian Martyrs. How DARE you call their deaths “pointless” and how DARE you equivocate the deaths of these saints to the murderous suicides of pagan musloids. Why don’t you turn off your precious TV for a few minutes and actually READ something? Like the biographies of the saints, for example? Or even just the Bible. Do you not realize that St. Paul wrote a goodly portion of the Epistles from prison? Do you not realize that St. John the Beloved spent most of his life either in prison or in remote exile? Do you not realize that eleven of the twelve original apostles were EXECUTED along with St. Paul? Only John died naturally in old age. Why don’t you tell me about the massive waste their lives were. If they had only lain low and watered down the Gospel, they could have lived long lives and “accomplished” so much more. Is that right? Isn’t that your argument? Well, why don’t you just make that argument for Our Lord while you’re at it? There are plenty of leftist pseudo-“theologians” running around saying exactly that. Jesus was a fool to have only led a three year ministry. If He had just been more politically savvy, He could have lived for decades – and then think how much He could have taught the world! The Incarnation really was a waste in terms of earthly accomplishment. Right? RIGHT?

St. John the Baptist: Beheaded
St. Stephen: Stoned
St. James the Great: Beheaded
St. Philip: Crucified
St. Matthew: Impaled on a halberd
St. James the Less: Clubbed to death after crucifixion and stoning
St. Matthias: Beheaded after stoning
St. Andrew: Crucified
St. Mark: Beheaded after being dragged
St. Peter: Crucified upside down
St. Paul: Beheaded
St. Jude: Crucified
St. Bartholomew: Flayed alive and then crucified
St. Thomas: Impaled with a spear
St. Luke: Hanged
St. Simon: Crucified
St. Antipas: Roasted alive

And that is just a few of the more “famous” Christians of the first century, whose deaths history recorded. Please understand that being a Christian was an assumed death sentence for the first several centuries. Thank God that those men and women weren’t the milquetoast, fair-weather, pants-pissing cowards that so many of you are today. Thank God that they had real courage and real fortitude and didn’t immediately water-down the Gospel into some filthy, narcissistic heresy just so they could stay in the good graces of the governments. Thank God that they actually understood their faith, and didn’t regard Jesus as a mere “philosophical construct” or “imaginary friend” and actually acknowledged that He is True God and True Man.

Whether you care to admit this or not, people are responsible for their government. And We The People of the United States of America have perhaps the most personal responsibility for our government than any other nation in history. Why? First, because we are a representative republic founded upon a firm foundation of Judeo-Christian law and philosophy. This is the best set-up in all of human history, and it also therefore bestows the most responsibility upon its people for the government itself, up to the very top. The other reason we are the most culpable nation in history for our government is because we are an armed nation. The people of North Korea, because they were disarmed decades ago, bear less responsibility for their government than we do – but they are still responsible. If the people of North Korea, disarmed and half starved to death, are responsible for their government, how much more are We The People, armed and fed, responsible for the absolute abomination that is our Federal government? This concept of citizen culpability for governance is why it was morally licit to firebomb Dresden, Tokyo and finally drop atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The civilians of Japan permitted, allowed and cooperated with their government in its wars of aggression during WWII. The same goes for the German people. They could have and should have put down their respective governments – but they didn’t and so they paid for it.

The exact same dynamic applies to us. We have let this happen. We have sat by, complacent, impotent and self-absorbed, coveting our personal wealth and possessions above EVERYTHING. And now that there is no denying or escaping what our duty is to God and neighbor, we can only concoct fictions about the omnipotence of the Internal Revenue Service in order to convince ourselves that we aren’t to blame, and that we have no duty except to ourselves. Because you fools refuse to act to correct your lawless government via the most effective, simple and utterly non-violent method, namely a tax strike, you are guaranteeing hot war, bloodshed and catastrophic suffering. The fact is that every single Christian clergyman should have called for a national tax strike on Sunday, January 28, 1973. Why? Because that was the Sunday after SCOTUS legalized the murder of preborn children. Because of that first moral failure, here we now sit, and it is no one’s fault but our own. Most of you out there apparently have the capacity for delusion that allows you to convince yourself that you will not be made to answer for any of this, but I do not, and for that I can only say “Thanks be to God.”

I fear God, and God alone, and thus I will render unto Him EVERYTHING, up to and including my wealth, assets, freedom and life, if that is what is required to remain in compliance with His commandments. The early Christians went to their death rather than offer a pinch of incense on the altar of Caesar. Incense is merely symbolic and burns away. Money subsidizes, finances and enables activities that break God’s law. Therefore I will not file, and I will not pay income taxes unless and until the Federal Government of the United States is reformed under the Constitution of 1787 as amended and the Rule of Law is reasserted, necessarily including the arrest and trial of Barack Obama, and the re-criminalizing of abortion in all cases, or until a new, legitimate government replaces it.

Ann Barnhardt
Lone Tree, CO
November 6, AD 2011

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 10:45:45 PM »
I hate these people with the burning intensity of a thousand suns...

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 11:01:25 PM »
Precisely.  And thank you.

Offline Sectionhand

• Conservative Hero
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 04:36:59 AM »
This makes me mad enough to sh*t pine cones !  ::gaah:: ::cussing:: ::outrage::

Online ToddF

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 07:37:33 AM »
Clue to dumbass leftist garbage out there.

One Scott Walker, calling a Christmas tree a Christmas, will generate more "improve the image and marketing of Christmas trees" than any room full of otherwise unemployable Poli Sci retards, sucking millions out of the industry.

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 07:46:22 AM »
I had just opened a new thread on this and then found this thread.... just cut/pasting my other thread here... going to have the other thread erased....

Our federal government has decided to grow even more.  With a new tax put on every Christmas tree sold this year they will be using that money to promote the sale of Christmas trees.

What ?!?!

A few issues here.

If I'm buying a Christmas tree.. why do I need the federal government to take more money from me to tell me to buy a Christmas tree next year?  You just made my Christmas tree cost more... causing me to consider the continued purchase of the tree next year.  It just became more expensive.. maybe I won't get one next year... I can't afford these cost increases.

How does that promote the sale of Christmas trees?

We've just created another federal government program that takes more money out of your pocket to promote something that does not need promoting.

Another issue:  The Federal Government has been shifting to the phrase "Holiday Tree".

The issue I see here is the gradual and persistant effort of the government to remove all mentions of Christ and/or Christianity from our society.  Now we're having the federal government take money from us when we buy a Christmas tree (Yeah, I know the damn tree has nothing to do with Christ)... but now the government can start shifting what it's called (with your stolen tax money from buying the tree).. to start insisting and molding the public and brainwashing them into calling it the Holiday Tree.

We giving it 5 years before even the word Christmas tree will be unlawful to put on a sign because it's no longer an approved government word?  The government is moving into the promotion/advertisement of all of these trees... you will soon find yourself out of compliance if you don't call it a Holiday Tree.

I'm so frick'n fed up with our government... someone please just give me the button to press.. I'm ready to hit reset (civil war if required to acomplish a full wipe of the hard drive I will no longer stand against.. bring it!)

Modified:--> Reminds me of the government program that existed to advertise and promote the use of Cheese on Pizza.  WHAT THE FRAG?!?!  What freak doesn't already put cheese on their pizza?  Why do they need to take my money to tell me to do something I'm already doing? !!!

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 07:53:45 AM »
The Great-Horned Grinch strikes again!

Two thoughts - 1) Will not buy a tree from anyone who includes this effing tax and 2) More sellers should rename them something else so they are not taxed...something like Anti-Obama Trees!

::mooning::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 10:28:03 AM »
There are approximately 25-30 million Real Christmas Trees sold in the U.S. every year.

This fee is on trees from anyone who sells over 500 fresh trees which is going to be the majority of sellers of trees I'm guessing. 

25 million times 15 cents is $3,750,000 

That's a lot of promotion. 

Sounds like another effort at full employment for Obama cronies.  And how long before it's $1 per tree or $2 or...?

While the amount "raised" is small right now I believe it really represents an effort to take money from us in small incremental ways. How many more of these committees and programs will we be funding?  I believe the potential is there for hundreds if not thousands.  Look at Great Britian--they have boards and agencies for everything!
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."