Author Topic: Fighting Back Against Occupy Thugs  (Read 641 times)

Offline BMG

• Established Member
Fighting Back Against Occupy Thugs
« on: November 11, 2011, 05:17:35 PM »
The best of my knowledge, this is the first story to date depicting an opposing group pushing back against the Occupy Movement.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/11/one-occupy-protester-arrested-at-conservative-conference-in-denver/

The clash erupted before I had a chance to get too close to the Occupiers themselves.  They were briefly in sight, but got swallowed up by the BlogCon attendees. Frankly, the BlogCon response overwhelmed whatever the protesters tried to say — with chants of “Mike check!” and “We paid for your student loans!”, among others, the Occupiers got roundly shouted down. At one point, the entire BlogCon contingent in the lobby started chanting, “We want the dog!”, a reference to the elected leader of Occupy Denver — a pooch named Shelby.

"We want the dog!" I got a chuckle out of that...lol
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Offline Weisshaupt

• Conservative Superhero
Re: Fighting Back Against Occupy Thugs
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 05:21:06 PM »
I love the festive attitude among the bloggers - nothing makes leftists madder than laughing at them

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 05:30:35 PM »
I love the festive attitude among the bloggers - nothing makes leftists madder than laughing at them

Yup!  ::thumbsup::
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline michelleo

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 05:48:02 PM »
Somehow I don't think this little stunt will be paraded on the HuffPo and the DailyKos.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 07:23:11 PM »
Somehow I don't think this little stunt will be paraded on the HuffPo and the DailyKos.

No mention in the LSM either. ::lalanotlistening::
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 09:20:35 AM »
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/11/hilarious_confrontation_between_occupy_denver_and_blogcon_2011.html

If the occupier's goal was to tick the conservatives off enough that fights would break out, they were disappointed. Instead, a healthy dose of mockery unsettled them and caused them to flee.
- Patrick Henry

- Tacitus

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 09:40:01 AM »
    A Denver high school teacher brought students to an Occupy Denver event for a field trip today where they joined Occupy Denver activists as they storm the BlogCon conference. The teacher said she was showing them how democracy worked.

The teacher was too ashamed to give her name or the name of the private girls school she teaches at.

I was just thinking to myself as I watched the vids that this is exactly the way democracy works (or doesn't as the case may be). Leftists feeeeeeeeeeel that they can simply overwhelm any process or program and automatically get their way. On this day they learned that other people have viewpoints too, and sometimes aren't so hesitant to 'express them'.

We're seeing an inevitable trend at play here. The OWS agitators are reaching out further into civilized community in their attempts to intimidate them like they have feckless city managers. I have news for them - if you're around me it is because you chose to come around me (I won't go anywhere near you) so you had best be on your best behavior. I will not tolerate disrespect.

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 11:26:02 AM »
if you're around me it is because you chose to come around me (I won't go anywhere near you) so you had best be on your best behavior. I will not tolerate disrespect.

Nor rude behavior.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 03:42:55 PM »
Exploiting tolerance and behaving like bullies is all these spoiled effing brats have to work with.  Ridicule and mockery cuts through their crap like a hot knife through butter...we should have intuitively grasped this simple fact weeks ago.  The BlogCon people did us a very good service in demonstrating this!

::thumbsup::
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.