Author Topic: Obama's new tax .......  (Read 3159 times)

Offline LadyVirginia

• Conservative Superhero
  • Mt. Vernon painting by Francis Jukes
Re: Obama's new tax .......
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 10:09:05 AM »
I wondered why they didn't just announce this in March when no one would notice and then when December rolled around everyone would shrug about  "another tax" they imposed.
"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Offline BMG

• Established Member
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2011, 10:47:29 AM »
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/10/a-christmas-gift-to-the-right/

The Obama administration reacted quickly to head off a public-relations embarrassment by suspending its new Christmas Tree Promotion Board at the USDA yesterday, after a Heritage exposé of the new bureaucracy elicited hoots of derision and probably a few late-night talk show jokes, too.  The White House said it would “rethink” the proposal after the negative reaction, and it might not come back — but that doesn’t mean that it’s the end of the story.  The Obama administration handed conservatives an early Christmas gift with the Ministry of Trees, I write in today’s column for The Fiscal Times, because it provides an easily understood example of how government intervention distorts markets, picks preferred winners, and often does so with the cooperation of the largest players in an industry.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” 
- Patrick Henry

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
- Tacitus

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 11:12:20 AM »
... the issue for conservatives, who wonder why government involves itself in private-sector marketing at all.

No we don't "wonder"; we know damn well why the government does it.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2011, 11:32:46 AM »
McCarthy was right...

...they were under every bed, and now they're promulgating their final solution...

...time for liberty-minded people everywhere to start opening up big cans of Commie-B-Gone!!!
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

Offline John Florida

• Conservative Superhero
  • IT'S MY FONT AND I'LL USE IT IF I WANT TO!!
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2011, 08:20:43 PM »
Wht does a liberal need a Christmas tree?

OK, I'll bite, why?

They need something to hug??
All men are created equal"
 Filippo Mazzie

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2011, 11:28:52 PM »

OK, I'll bite, why?

Newp, not buying it!  How could they cut something down just to hug it, if anything they'd plant one in the yard and hug it anytime.

Offline Predator Don

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2011, 09:52:41 AM »

OK, I'll bite, why?

Newp, not buying it!  How could they cut something down just to hug it, if anything they'd plant one in the yard and hug it anytime.

Why would any group who overwhelming holds in contempt anything religious need a christmas tree?

While we don't know the birthdate and the holiday has been materialized, find me a liberal who doesn't take pleasure stomping on anything religious. Other than being the hypocrites they are and using a tree as a place to lay thier gifts......
I'm not always engulfed in scandals, but when I am, I make sure I blame others.

Offline Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2011, 03:38:02 PM »

OK, I'll bite, why?

Why would any group who overwhelming holds in contempt anything religious need a christmas tree?

While we don't know the birthdate and the holiday has been materialized, find me a liberal who doesn't take pleasure stomping on anything religious. Other than being the hypocrites they are and using a tree as a place to lay thier gifts......

Hypocrites indeed.  Remember, liberalism is essentially a gutless belief system, appearances are important, but nothing trumps The Great Leveling.  Most are commies and don't even know it...so how would a hypocrite be capable of the self-realization necessary to know they are hypocrites?  Thus, when confronted, they get angry, lash out and change the subject so that you appear the bad guy.  It's all they know...