Author Topic: For me: Cain's Presser a Depresser  (Read 2172 times)

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
For me: Cain's Presser a Depresser
« on: November 09, 2011, 05:41:46 AM »
I listened to most of Cain's press conference yesterday, and I tried really hard to let his words calm my fears that he is burnt toast. I say this as one leaning towards supporting and voting for the man.

His protestations regarding Bialek were troubling to me. He said several times that his memory was fine, he was good at remembering names and people. And what does he say about that woman, Sharon Bialek? Says he does not know her, does not remember EVER meeting her.

Come on, Herm.

According to a compilation of events at The Right Scoop, Ms. Bialek "bull rushed" Cain at the TeaCon event TWO MONTHS AGO. Yes there is even a photo. I was really surprised that the media in attendance didn't ask him about that. It's all over the internet. As far as this challenges the competence of his staff not to be scouring the internet to see what needs to be addressed, MAJOR FAIL. Come on, Herm. If some little blogger in rural North Carolina reads this stuff, somebody in your staff must be competent.

You know it's lost when even the supporting Republicans refer to Bialeks accusations as "sexual harrassment." If the MSM Enemies had any real sense, they would refer to the groping as a "sexual battery" or some assault.

NOT. LOOKING. GOOD.
http://www.therightscoop.com/witness-cain-accuser-hugged-him-during-tea-party-meeting-a-month-ago/
The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living
are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
Re: For me: Cain's Presser a Depresser
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 06:48:56 AM »
I agree is seems there are problems. BUT... a Presidential candidate at a Tea Party event standing in a photo line and getting his photo snapped with likely hundreds of people... well, that is not necessarily going to be ringing any bells regarding one individual.

I can say from personal experience that even as a small-time performer, I got my photo snapped with my arm around hundreds if not thousands of women over the years, with a big sh*t eating grin on my face every time. It is not a memorable event, the moment after it happens, let alone a month down the road. But the pictures tell a different story.

Point is, just because there is a photo of Cain with the woman doesn't indicate he would remember her.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Delnorin

• Free Speech While It Lasts
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 08:46:37 AM »
Exposed? One of Cain’s Accusers Works for the Obama Administration

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/exposed-one-of-cains-accusers-works-for-the-obama-administration/

Offline Delnorin

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 08:47:33 AM »
Cain's Most Recent Accuser has a history of claiming sexual harrasment:

Cain Accuser Filed Another Complaint Against Employers At Her Next Job

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/cain-accuser-filed-another-complaint-in-her-next-job/

"To settle the complaint at the immigration service, Kraushaar initially demanded thousands of dollars in payment, a reinstatement of leave she used after the accident earlier in 2002, promotion on the federal pay scale and a one-year fellowship to Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government, according to a former supervisor familiar with the complaint. The promotion itself would have increased her annual salary between $12,000 and $16,000, according to salary tables in 2002 from the U.S. Office of Personnel Management."

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 11:29:05 AM »
Au shovelers on parade.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 11:37:32 AM »

You know it's lost when even the supporting Republicans refer to Bialeks accusations as "sexual harrassment."

Using the adversary terminology is common character flaw Republicans share.
They inherently allow the opponent frame the debate.  Pathetic.

Online Pandora

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I iz also makin a list. U on it pal.
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 12:29:46 PM »
You know it's lost when even the supporting Republicans refer to Bialeks accusations as "sexual harrassment."

That is the first issue that caught my attention, and I had to double-check to make sure she and Cain were not in an employer-employee situation before I blasted the use of the term in this context.

Further use of the Left's premise is referring to the hypothetical situation as "sexual assault".  IF it happened, it wasn't that either; she even admits he backed off after the "no", but the culture is now eroded by the idea that any unwanted sexual advance, no matter how truncated, is a criminal offense.
"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

"Let us assume for the moment everything you say about me is true. That just makes your problem bigger, doesn't it?"

charlesoakwood

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 12:45:30 PM »

She travels from Chitown to stay at a hotel suite he
secured for her, in the hotel bar they have drinks
then go out and dine (possibly another drink or two)
then they are traveling/parked in his car and her makes
an advance. 

Hey, that's not an advance it's sexual assault, dummy!

If this is the personal relationship climate we live in
no wonder the birth rate is going down.

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 05:47:10 PM »

She travels from Chitown to stay at a hotel suite he
secured for her, in the hotel bar they have drinks
then go out and dine (possibly another drink or two)
then they are traveling/parked in his car and her makes
an advance. 

. . .

I heard that he paid for her room. Got a link? Was it The Blaze?
--------------
The enemy of my enemy is my friend; the friend of my enemy is, well, he is just a dumbass.

charlesoakwood

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 06:06:54 PM »

Bialek said it at her press conference. Something like:
                                                                              She:  Oh, it's a nice room.
                                                                              Him:  "I gave you an upgrade."

Offline Damn_Lucky

• A Regular
    • patriotsteaparty
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 06:12:27 PM »
All I can say is I've talked and shook hand with Michelle three times, and worked Cains booth at the Iowa Straw Pole as a pole worker and who also got to talk and shake hands with. (Bonus of living in Iowa)
And all I can say is I guarantee you neither one of them know me from Adam. ::USA::
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 06:17:14 PM by Damn_Lucky »
A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves - Edward R. Murrow

Offline AlanS

• Conservative Superhero
  • Proud Infidel
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 08:06:21 PM »
And all I can say is I guarantee you neither one of them know me from Adam. ::USA::

I'm sure you're just being modest.
"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Alphabet Soup

• Conservative Superhero
  • Hier standt ich. Ich kann nicht anders
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 08:32:07 PM »

I'm sure you're just being modest.

I'm terrible with names....which leads to some awkward moments...("Hey.....you!"), but I rarely forget a face.

I'm getting the impression that, when it comes to women at least, Mr. Cain's notion of propriety differs from mine. He seems to hold a casual sense of formality when dealing with females that would make me nervous - for the reasons that should be becoming rather obvious. Things - even seemingly innocent things - can go sideways in the blink of an eye.

So while I consider the assertions against Mr. Cain wild embellishments, I do believe that they are constructed on nuggets of fact. And what to do of it?

Shrug.

If he had a "D" behind his name they'd be building a statue of him and worshiping him as a god...

Offline BigAlSouth

• Established Member
  • Who won't 'co-exist?'
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 05:58:21 AM »
. . .
So while I consider the assertions against Mr. Cain wild embellishments, I do believe that they are constructed on nuggets of fact. And what to do of it?

Shrug.

If he had a "D" behind his name they'd be building a statue of him and worshiping him as a god...

I agree. A nugget of fact I find troubling would be if a married man secured a hotel room for a woman who was not his wife and then went out to dinner with her. NOTHING GOOD AND VIRTUOUS, my friend, would result from such an encounter.

--------------

Online IronDioPriest

• Administrator
  • Conservative Superhero
  • I refuse to accept my civil servants as my rulers
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 06:41:39 AM »
...A nugget of fact I find troubling would be if a married man secured a hotel room for a woman who was not his wife and then went out to dinner with her. NOTHING GOOD AND VIRTUOUS, my friend, would result from such an encounter.

I agree, it would indicate poor judgment, and the possibility of less than honorable intentions.

Has it been demonstrated yet with receipts that Cain did indeed "upgrade" the room, or went to dinner for two at the restaurant she claims they attended during the time she claims it? I haven't seen any such claims. Everything I've seen over the past day has drawn her credibility into question.

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self-preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law, would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

- Thomas Jefferson

charlesoakwood

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 10:02:47 AM »
...A nugget of fact I find troubling would be if a married man secured a hotel room for a woman who was not his wife and then went out to dinner with her. NOTHING GOOD AND VIRTUOUS, my friend, would result from such an encounter.

I agree, it would indicate poor judgment, and the possibility of less than honorable intentions.

Has it been demonstrated yet with receipts that Cain did indeed "upgrade" the room, or went to dinner for two at the restaurant she claims they attended during the time she claims it? I haven't seen any such claims. Everything I've seen over the past day has drawn her credibility into question.

If she had a room and they were together at the hotel having
drinks somebody remembers it, therefore, someone's dug up
the receipts, if they exist.  Cain's people have either vetted this
thoroughly or it's another on the list of problems his staff has
not followed through on or controlled.

Eric said this:

"Herman, you said you’d surround yourself with the best people and you’ve
     surrounded yourself with Class A failures. The problems you are facing are
     problems of campaign staffing. You’ve failed to live up to your own standard
     of hiring the best people."

which elaborates what may be his biggest weakness as president.
And that's not good.

Offline Delnorin

Online Libertas

• Conservative Superhero
  • Alea iacta est! Libertatem aut mori!
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 02:31:31 PM »
MFM is ignoring it.
We are now where The Founders were when they faced despotism.